Mysterious Condition

Teru swam closer to Kieran, never taking his gaze away. He was parched of intimacy, feeling like they hadn't touched in months.

What? That's not true, though.

Once more, he paused when the cloud briefly lifted, helping him think of the situation and timing. They just marked. They had embraced each other ever since reuniting. Of course, they've touched. Plus, why in the world was he so horny? This wasn't his heat-

Buzzing, like the swarm of locusts' wings, rang in his ears. Teru's focus returned solely to Kieran and his body. He purred to get the alpha's attention, but he didn't respond. It pissed him off because Kieran wasn't even washing anymore, just standing there. Listening. Ignoring. What sort of expression did he have now? Why wasn't he moving?

His nose scrunched and let out a long purr meant to be a beckoning song. Still, Kieran remained there in the water, letting the waves gently flow past his lower half.

Then, if you won't come to me, then I'll go to you.

Teru took one step after another on the soft river floor, feet brushing over rocks and sticks. It was aggravatingly slow doing this in water. Only ten feet away.

"Stop."

The voice was commanding. It demanded him to listen. Obey. The omega did. He stayed still. Teru was taken off guard by the authoritative pheromones, influenced by them easily. Even if his dominant side could go against them, he wouldn't want to.

He wanted to be led. Ravaged. Used. What would be the next order? He was anxious for it, wanting to please.

The buzzing became louder. His hips twitched, toes curling, nape itching to be bitten again. Brown sugar pheromones broke past the mint shower, ending the powering scent that had saved him from Count James. It spread all around them. A small trickle of slick floated to the surface. Fucking hell.

Tell me what to do.

The glossy drizzle drifted past Kieran. His shoulders flinched when he saw it in front of him.

Look at me, Teru wanted to say aloud. It only came as desperate words in his head.

Perhaps Kieran heard the plea in their connection. Perhaps he didn't, and it was a coincidence. Kieran turned around to face him, but Teru's excitement to finally get attention became confusion. Rather than seeing lust or really just anything else, Kieran's face was alarmed.

"We can't."

Teru did not understand and furrowed his eyebrows. "W-what do you mean?" he whispered.

Obviously, Kieran was turned on. The evidence was there, hard length visible in the water. His canines lost Pride's monstrous influence, but still long; his inner dominant alpha was stimulated.

"Something is wrong."

Yeah, because you're not with me.

Teru's insides spasmed, making him wince. More slick came out of him. If it weren't for being in the river, he'd be sweating up a storm. His body was hot, cheeks and ears red. The current was not strong, but it became difficult to stand in as if he were battling against a raging flood. He wanted out. He wanted to be touched. He wanted his mate.

This was more than being overly sensitive.

What is happening to me?

The alpha's pheromones dropped, allowing him to move. Kieran didn't let him waddle any further because he was already next to Teru, carrying his trembling body to shore.

Neither saw the tar-covered white feather being carried away by the stream, disappearing around the bend.

Kieran lay him on the dark green grass, doing nothing but hover on top. He clawed into the ground as he tried to get ahold of himself. His stare shifted between predator-like and hesitation, an alpha who wanted to give in to their desires and the logical side.