Meeting: Part 3

Kieran had a good reason for accepting this challenge. He knew they were all astonished by it, probably thinking it had something to do with pride. Pride wasn't the reason. Well, maybe a little, but not the main one.

A small hand grabbed his. Teru looked at him with puppy eyes glistening with tears. "You what?"

I'm doing this for you. He didn't want to say that out loud. It would be better for the others to think this was for his pride only.

"I accept your challenge," Kieran confirmed. He copied Tristan by taking off his vest and shirt, being careful not to drop the pocket watch. His scarred nape was visible to all now. There were no hiding his flaws today. The aggressive atmosphere and the slight hint of Teru's pre-heat pheromones had him wildly excited, making him accidentally reveal a sliver of Pride. Though the rank was at stake, this was clearly a fight between alphas over an omega.

Tristan's Envy showed itself more. His face contorted. They glared at each other, letting years' worth of extreme dislike for the other be known.

"No sins," Abaddon disrupted their tense eye contact. "Only testosterone. The omega would like that, yes? He gets to witness two of the strongest alphas in the world clash over him."

Kieran's thumb rubbed Teru's palm. "No, he can't, because he won't be here to watch."

"What do you mean? Where am I going?" Teru's upset voice hurt him more than the wounds Tristan would soon inflict on him.

"Charles," he said, getting his other brother's attention. Charles was the only one he could trust right now. Blaise would be too stimulated by Teru's pheromones, which had a lot going on right now: heat build-up, the mint scent from their kiss, and yesterday's sex. In fact, Lust could likely smell Kieran's seed lingering around Teru's hole. With those scents alone, Lust could put together the whole scene of what occurred and describe it perfectly.

"I need you to watch him. Take him to your office. I'll be there soon after my win."

Tristan growled at the prediction that Kieran would be victorious. Abaddon sighed in disappointment. Without saying a word, Charles tried to escort Teru away. Teru refused.

"Why do you have to do this? Let's go back."

Kieran had the urge to listen to his suggestion and leave; put the Pride down and walk away. He wanted to carry this human back to the penthouse and continue that kiss. It was so, so tempting.

He shook off his desires. This needed to happen or Tristan wouldn't stop. "Do you trust me?"

"Trust you?"

"Don't you think I'll win? I won't lose."

"Yeah, but...your eyes are red. You need blood to be stronger, right?"

Kieran grazed his thumb over Teru's cheek. Both forgot they had an audience watching them. "Are you offering?"

"I-" Teru paused, coughing from a sudden fever. Beads of sweat rolled down his temple. A spicy scent caressed Kieran's nose, beckoning him to fuck the daylights out of him. Fill that perfect body with his cock. The delectable aroma wasn't anywhere near as strong as a heat when it was in full swing, but still mesmerizing.

Just like that, the cinnamon spice was gone. It was a warning for Teru and his partner that it would come soon, leading to Kieran to feel very protective over him. Teru glanced at their surroundings nervously because he had a pre-heat wave in front of several dominant alphas.

I don't need to do this. Not right now. I...think I made a mistake? Wow, he just admitted he was in the wrong. What was this weird feeling he felt right now? Was this regret? Remorse? These emotions were alien.