[Bonus Chapter] - Conceive: Part 1

[The following three-part bonus episodes are from a Tapas Inksgiving event goal that was met - the day the pups were conceived.]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

KNOCK KNOCK.

Kieran's crimson eyes glowed angrily. He looked up from his important task and glared at the front door, slick dripping down his chin. Familiar pheromones seeped under it, contaminating the heavy mix of their scents. The trespasser was an alpha. He barred his fangs.

"Kieran?" a muffled voice said.

Another responded, "This is pointless. The air here has been drowning in pheromones for far too long. I have even heard complaints from the surrounding floors that they can smell someone's season and heat coming through the vents. It's starting to affect the employees including betas. How long has it been?"

Hearing and smelling the second person made him anxious. Two alphas.

Yes, he knew deep down that they were not a threat, but being lost in his rut obscured any sense of rationality that those two were his brothers. At that moment, the only thing that made sense was the squirming omega beneath him, needy and pleading to extinguish the hotness raging in his body.

It did not register who their identities were. They were merely intruders on his territory to steal his second half, his bonded partner.

Go. Now. Immediately. Or die.

"I lost count. Weeks. It's hectic work-wise without Kieran. As their physician first and foremost, I am worried Teru isn't eating. I want to see him for myself."

Kieran was offended that they suspected his mate suffered from hunger. Even when he was desperate to milk his pulsing cock and pump his seed into this fertile womb, he had to force them to separate. They needed to take the time to consume three full meals a day. It was easier said than done - both did not want to do anything but entwine their bodies. There were frustrating times when he had to be rough and make that picky human eat the green vegetables, too.

Otherwise, how can my mate carry my pups if he is too skinny?

Kieran squeezed Teru's thighs, leaving fingerprints on his perfect skin. His mate whimpered again. The fat here was getting more plump with every passing day, and his hips were fuller. He rumbled with satisfaction that Teru had gained weight since their breeding started, totally forgetting it was moot because...

Their species couldn't conceive children together. This tiny detail flew over their in-the-gutter heads.

Thankfully, a maid continued to deliver plenty of food and would leave it by the door, lasting for days.

The second male clicked his tongue. "That's not a good idea, Charles. I can smell him. He is at the peak of his rut. The dude is absolutely feral, probably tore that ass to shreds by now. Our older brother would rip your head off before you took one step towards his cute pet."

"It's fascinating, though, to witness how long this is lasting between a destined pair - a human and vampire pair, at that. I want to study them and take notes."

"Ooh, how kinky—ouch! Why did you kick me?!"

"Do you hear that?" They stopped talking and listened.

It was Kieran. A loud baritone growl rumbled in his throat. Just like how he could hear them with his impeccable sense of hearing as a pureblooded vampire, the unwelcomed visitors could likely detect his looming snarl, too. The rutting fog grew thicker in his mind, only wanting to get back to what he was doing.