Phase Two

[Day 1]

A 'reservation at Epsilon.'

Aka, the code phrase for making arrangements with a vampire pilot to fly victims to a safer place, away from pro-Abaddon cities. Kieran and Teru were supposed to make that flight until the king's soldiers surrounded them in the alleyway and shot-

No, don't think about that again. Kieran is here with me. Abaddon is dead.

"Hmm," his alpha hummed, expression blank and not interested in knowing how Blaise was able to contact the elusive pilot. Teru thought his response was rude, considering they likely would not have made it this far without Blaise's car. He just revealed he literally had a whole well-thought-out plan with a time crunch for Teru's sake, and this was how Kieran acted?

Teru tickled Kieran's palm with his fingers to get his attention.

It worked. He looked at him. "Yes?"

Ah, this might be embarrassing for his inner pride to say out loud in front of Blaise and Lucas. Teru did a 'come here' motion, beckoning Kieran to lean down.

He cupped his hand around Kieran's ear and said in his most quiet voice, "You need to thank him." Despite this, Blaise's mouth twitched, wanting to cackle. Lucas raised an eyebrow, unable to understand what was being said.

Kieran stood up straight and continued to be a stubborn butthole. He glared at the way his sibling obviously thought this was entertaining.

Annoyance erupted inside Teru. The emotion was strong in an instant, coming out of nowhere. It took all he had not to scorn at his mate's arrogance. Usually, he'd give Kieran more time to think, but not today. Teru's patience was this thin, practically non-existent.

"Are we leaving then?" he snapped, staring at the complicated map.

Kieran was taken aback by the attitude shift. "Ye-"

"Okay." Teru left without letting him finish saying one word, climbed on the Jeep's hanging step, opened the backside passenger door, and slammed it.

Selfish vampire. Headstrong alpha. So dumb sometimes...Why the hell am I crying?

He wiped a teardrop away from the corner of his eye. Then, felt guilty for speaking to Kieran like that. Just moments ago, he was playfully teasing him about his pride. Now, that same sin had caused Teru to act like a kid having a tantrum.

Teru rested his forehead on the seat in front of him and groaned, utterly confused by the switch of emotions. His hand rested on his belly button. Was it going to be like this for the entire trip?

Heavens, he hoped not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SLAM!

The loud sound of the shutting door echoed. Kieran sighed, knowing very well that pregnant mothers were prone to mood swings from their fluctuating hormones. Damn, he hated being ashamed, and it was becoming an everyday occurrence.

Because it's your fault. Be mindful of him, his alpha scolded.

Pride taunted back, Don't show weakness to others, or they'll take my omega. Thanking is a weak sign of an alpha.

But if you don't consider his feelings, the alpha retorted, his stress will prove to others you're not a competent mate.

Kieran pushed the bickering thoughts away, wondering if Teru's changing moods were affecting him, too.

"Where's my thanks, big brother?" Blaise joked, knowing that Kieran rarely, if ever, gave thanks even when it was deserved. It definitely warranted more than a simple thank you, which was why he didn't respond right then when hearing Teru's request; he hoped to return Blaise the favor in a much grander way than mere words.