An Alpha Under My Bed

Y'all win, expect Blaise x Lucas chapters next!

I apologize for the long wait in between chapters this month. The flu overtook my household. It started with me, then my partner, then my toddler! It was a mess...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Day 5]

It was one of the longest nights of Teru's life. He only knew it was around five o'clock in the early morning because of Kieran's old watch. To keep track of time, he clasped it around his wrist.

The heat was unbearable, like sitting next to a campfire in summer's midday.

I don't know how long I can handle this. It sucks, but I don't feel like panicking. I'd be out of my mind if we were in the caves. The deeper you go, the more dangerous it is, too. Lucas is more confident navigating the system. I hope they'll be fine.

Teru took everything off but his underwear, occasionally patting his body down with water from the barrel. It helped a little. He laid down on the old, handwoven blanket and fanned himself.

The penthouse spoiled me. I wish I had that machine on the wall that makes hot and cold air.

He was already squirming moments later. In this position, the weight of his stomach was beginning to squish his insides. It would soon be difficult to lie on his back. He sort of dreaded the nights to come in future months with such constricting options.

"Ouch," Teru hissed when he shifted to his side. The scratches on his arms were sore and there wasn't a first aid kit. Wasn't nesting bewildering? Resorting to self-harm was easy because you became numb, not recalling it at all. If Teru had never been trafficked and continued to live his life in the caves, what would he have done to his nesting self while locked up alone? Unimaginable!

I want to sleep. The heat is making me tired, he thought, eyes drooping. His hand rubbed his belly, swearing it was a little bigger than a week ago. It had been so hectically busy that he failed to notice. I'll pay more attention to you soon. Right now, Daddy is...

Kieran was kinda preoccupied.

Teru looked over at his mate and shined the flashlight beam on him. He was squatting in the corner, not moving from that spot ever since taking away the nesting pain. The last time that happened, Kieran had made a grander nest, one that was better than what Teru could ever build. The prince had all the money in the world and employees to fetch him ridiculously expensive decor. Any pretty thing you could think of was at his fingertips, ready with just a simple order.

But here, in this humid bunker with soil coming in, was the opposite of a plush and pampered nest. No people to buy satin curtains. No king-sized beds. No natural light to shine through crystal lights and create rainbow spots on the walls.

Teru understood what Kieran felt, not having the materials to make a decent nest. It was itching torment that wouldn't go away until he completed his goals-

SHUFFLE SHUFFLE.

Alert at the sound of someone moving, he quickly shone the light back at Kieran. The corner was empty.

"Kieran?"

BOOM! CLASH!

"Huh!" Teru gasped loudly, flinching when the underground room shook. Thunder? Was it raining? This was good news, right? Would the fire above go out quicker?

BOOM!

More trembling. Dirt fell from the split crack in the broken wall, rolling all the way to his feet. That worried him.