Submissive: Part 1

That meddling alpha's footsteps faded away and thank heavens he left when he did. Kieran was this close to crossing over a line that he had never crossed before.

Guarding.

Since Kieran never had a mate before, the feeling to protect someone other than himself at all costs was new for him after a thousand years of solitary life; not just protect, but to do so while under a feral haze that made an alpha act on pure instincts. It wasn't unheard of for people to die at the hands of a guarding alpha, and then that alpha not remembering once out of the savage spell. Guarding usually occurred if their omega dropped into a lethal coma that required their mate to guide them out of it, but not always.

This was one of those occasions that would fall under the 'not always' category.

Kieran's inner alpha was eager to remain close to its partner who was carrying his pups; his other half that was taken away from him for a month by another bastard. It was a sensitive time for the both of them, and it was a shame that their reunion was deep in the Pennsylvanian wilderness in a prior lakeside park. Blaise had told him to come here if they were ever split up during Abaddon's chaos, so it was the first place Kieran raced to without thinking. Until they arrived in Los Angeles, Teru wasn't safe.

As soon as Lucas was out of sight, Teru's quickening purrs slowed into a gentler rhythm. It was pleasing to Kieran's ears. He continued what he was doing earlier, feeling a swollen nipple between his thumb and pointer finger.

Teru shuddered, muttering, "Ow."

Kieran let go, assuming his nipples were painful from the hormones. He reached down until he had a good grip on Teru's hips, happy to feel that the area was a little meatier than before. If there was one thing he could give Abaddon credit for, it was whatever meals were provided for Teru to eat. Then again, if his damned stepfather had just let them be, they wouldn't be in this situation. This environment wasn't ideal for an expecting mother.

He pulled Teru closer until the belly bump touched Kieran's stomach. The scent of slick was teasing him, making him sit up straighter with anticipation.

A voice in the back of his mind nagged at him, sounding like Charles when in doctor mode. Ten weeks. It's too early. We can't take any risks without medical help nearby.

It was common knowledge that sex during the first trimester was fine...if the pregnancy was healthy without any complications. Kieran believed Teru was high risk. Having triplets would be a good reason to think so, but it was also the third pup that concerned him the most.

The dominant omega on his lap grew impatient, flaunting his ass out to beckon the alpha to smell it, taste it, do anything with it. Teru pressed harder into Kieran and leaned down to get a good inhale of his minty scent gland, extended canines scrapping over the skin. The blood on his lips smeared over the area.

A sudden fantasy of Teru lapping blood above his gland played out in Kieran's head.

This is dangerous, he thought, releasing a wave of mint pheromones. It was alarming how easily an alpha could be swayed by this foxy omega. Anyone would give in without a fight. They'd probably already have their cocks out, begging Teru to sit on it and ride them like there was no tomorrow.

But not Kieran. He was much stronger than other alphas, the strongest actually. Though so tempting to let Teru have his way with his dick, he could sense through their connection exactly what the dominant omega wanted. Needed.

It actually wished to be conquered, not the other way around. Teru's fierce gender was testing him, to see if Kieran had the capability to tame it. To the vampire, it was like questioning if they were a destined pair...or if it was a mistake. If they were a mistake.