Lust's Alpha

Blaise leaned against the wall with crossed arms, watching everything unfold in the dusty, abandoned hallway that was rarely used.

There was Zhang's body in the closet.

Two guards who responded to the commotion were inspecting the corpse. They talked in their radios, spreading the news of a gruesome murder of an important guest.

His brother was completely lost in an alpha's wrath.

The little omega yanked on Kieran's suit blazer to stop him from marching towards the other human dangling out the window. Teru's strength was no match to hold a vampire in place. Pride went closer and closer to tear apart the person who dared kidnap their fated mate.

This insane outcome was much better than Blaise anticipated.

He was drunk in the beautiful blend of pheromones. Blaise studied the scents. Unbeknownst to everyone else, seeing pheromones in various colors was one of his many talents. Traces of pigmented scents could last years. It helped him find people who didn't want to be found. Once upon a time, he had a successful career as a bounty hunter thanks to his cursed gift.

His brother's green sparkles swirled with agitation. Teru's emerald hue was darker than usual, for which there could be several reasons. Perhaps a hormonal imbalance, about to cross into the afterlife, or a significant physical change like a pregnancy.

But the latter was impossible.

Anyway, Blaise was more interested in the lilac purple pheromones belonging to the human he assumed was Lasagna, aka Lucas. Black speckles dotted the light-hearted color, something he saw occasionally when someone had just underwent an extremely distressing and emotionally damaging event. For example, Kieran's emerald color had the same phenomenon when he suddenly reappeared after being tortured by Van Helsing. The spots disappeared eventually, like a temporary disease.

This is fun.

"You came just in time to witness the excitement," Blaise said aloud.

Charles arrived, looking frazzled from rushing here. He wasn't even wearing formal attire. He observed the chaotic scene and covered his nose with a handkerchief. "It stinks in here."

Blaise knew what he meant. Wrath must be overwhelmed by the atmosphere, just like the sex-themed event was for Lust. "I would be, too, if I were Kieran."

"Kieran is furious, yes, but I honestly sense more wrath from the other one."

"Who?" Surely not Teru.

"The blood slave about to jump to their death. It's unhealthy for a mortal to have that much inner anger. It's a one-way road to madness."

Lucas was inching further over the edge because he couldn't get a good grip to hoist himself up. He was growling loudly in desperation.

"Hmm," Blaise hummed curiously. "I suppose I might as well see what he looks like before he dies."

Charles had his sight focused on Teru, whose heels dug into the floor to stop a raging Kieran. He was failing miserably. "And I have my own matters to attend to."

The two siblings separated to go on their personal missions. Passing Kieran until he was at the wide window, Blaise grabbed the frame and slid over the broken glass. He hung there with one arm, feet on the building. Blaise yawned. His demeanor was casual as if he dangled fifty stories up on a daily basis.

Lust's eyes followed the alpha's body lines, from his cute ass to his defined shoulders. With that lewd BDSM outfit, most of the recent scars were visible on his skin. Bruises discolored his throat. Besides the amateur bites, Zhang clearly enjoyed pulling on the now-missing collar. Lucas was likely choked every day given the black and blue lines. The obsidian spots in his pheromones were more prominent around his scent gland, polluting the pretty purple color. The Duke's blood added more charm. Red was nice on him.