Mirage

Blaise, decked out in a yellow jumpsuit, watched Abaddon come out of the elevator. They were on the first floor. The employees who saw their king instantly bowed until he passed them, hoping not to be randomly sentenced to death, as he sometimes did. One of the humans began crying. Abaddon paid them no attention.

He's in a decent mood. That crying beta would've been shot immediately.

The youngest prince peered over the fashion magazine he was 'reading,' staring at the emerald blue pheromones peppering Abaddon's hands. Those were Kieran's destined mate's pheromones. Judging by the rich color, he touched him within the last few hours.

"So? What do you see?" his new blood slave hissed next to him on the luxurious couch.

"Like I suspected, Teru never left the capitol building, Lasagna." Blaise put the magazine down on the side table.

"My name's not Lasagna, damned bloodsucker."

Lucas's eyes still had animosity for the dominant alpha, but at least it wasn't pure hatred like it was weeks ago. After the daily verbal fights, two physical altercations, and one alpha challenge, they eventually came to an understanding. 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend type of deal. They both realized they had the same goal.

The two alphas desired to overthrow the government. Easy-peasy lemon-squeazy. Anarchy T-shirts for everyone! Buy one, get one half-off!

Oh yeah, and save the omega. Blaise almost forgot.

"Don't call me that in public." Actually, Blaise wanted to beg for this mentally-scarred human to call him slurs and curse him out. Pull on his hair and make him spread his perfectly round ass to the servants. A little public humiliation would be a new experience for Lust, perhaps giving him a new kink to add to the disgustingly long list of perverted things that made him tick. Now wasn't the time nor place, unfortunately.

"Anyway, yes, I see your friend's pheromones."

Lucas mumbled, "That freak. How dare he touch him."

Blaise was jealous of Lucas's concern. You should be protective of me, instead.

They watched the king head out of the building with advisors in tow, stepping into a limousine to go somewhere that didn't pertain to them.

"Let's go before the trail disappears."

"I thought you said the pheromones you see can last for years," Lucas whispered, following Blaise by his red leash.

"They do, but Abaddon's are an exception. I can't explain it at the moment with spying ears around us." Everyone talked about it behind Abaddon's back; they had also noticed how the deadly angel sent by the heavens did not have a scent. They secretly questioned, 'What sort of alpha was scentless? Is he really an alpha? Is it a punishment from above?'

What's more, his sin did not see color in his pheromones. It was the first case in history for there not to be some sort of hue on the rainbow scale. Instead of glittering sparkles, Blaise saw a clear haze, like a heat mirage in the distance. He could tell it was there, but he had to put more effort into reading them. It truly was a mirage. Within the hour, the stream would disappear, as if Abaddon had never been there. Why his mother married him was beyond Blaise's high-IQ'ed understanding.

They used the same elevator. He growled at a staff member wanting to get in with them, warning her to get on the next one. The doors shut.

His vision combed through the glob of a thousand pheromone colors. Dang, he hated the elevator. The sparkle vomit on the buttons blinded him sometimes. Vaguely, murky clearness hovered over a button.

"This one," he told Lucas, pressing it. They watched the increasing numbers on the screen until it pinged, signifying their arrival. The dark entrance was ominous as always, so dark and depressing. Why not add a dash of pink or something neon?

Lucas hesitated. "Where is this?"

"The throne floor. I once found Teru wandering around here like a headless chicken, too."

"What? Really?"

They could talk about that later. It would be a nice ice-breaker between them. This needed to be quick or they'd get caught. "Right, before I forget, hide your pheromones. Be inconspicuous. We were never here. Got it?"

Lucas scrunched his nose, not liking to be told what to do by him, but he did it anyway. The lavender disappeared. Blaise guided him through the labyrinth of dim hallways, passing by the canvas portraits of the deadly sins' symbols. The colorless trail led him to a boring painting of wolves running in the snow. It stopped here. "Hmm."

He took out Teru's cellphone from his alligator leather bag and tapped on the 'Find My Phone' app. Blaise almost kissed Lucas earlier, who gave him the idea to use a tracker. The recent events were so chaotic, that Blaise completely forgot about the feature. It was a long shot, but luck was on their side. Kieran's phone wasn't dead. Teru definitely had it.

Take that, Charles, you pessimistic dingleberry.

It found Kieran's phone. The device should be here, in this exact area.

"I wonder if the GPS is botched. It says Teru is located where we're standing."

Lucas inspected their surroundings: the walls, the ceiling, the floor, and finally the larger-than-life painting. "In my pack, we have a beta who likes to steal things. No matter how much the leader punishes him, he keeps doing it."

That was a weird change of topic. "Okay."

"Eventually, we resorted to hiding our favorite possessions. Some would bury their stuff. Others hid it in a tree stump. A few were more crafty. They used holes in the cave walls and then covered the hole with a fitted rock."

A lightbulb illuminated in Blaise's brain, understanding the reference. He grabbed the golden picture frame and shoved the heavy decor aside. They saw a narrow elevator. Abaddon's clear pheromones were beginning to fade on the arrowed button. Its only direction was up. Blaise smirked and returned the painting to how it was. In the distance, he heard employees enter the floor for their cleaning duties.

"Let's go."

"Are we not going in? Teru is there, wherever it goes to," Lucas complained, anger burning in his eyes. "We have to save him-!"

Lust hated hearing Lucas say another person's name. Say my name! Say Blaise! Say I'm yours!

"We can't. We don't have an escape plan. Kieran is in critical condition and will be dead by the end of the month. At least we know where that omega is. My loyal followers will observe my stepfather's every move. They'll report to me or Wrath if there's anything suspicious."

Lucas hated that he was correct and scoffed. Without a soundproof plan, they'd get caught before even leaving the building. "And just where is he? Where is Teru? Where does the elevator lead to?"

Blaise was delighted to stumble upon a vampire's ultimate secret.

"This is Abaddon's hideout. The stupid angel actually set up his home base in the capitol building!" It was too funny! How stupid can you be?

He couldn't wait to relay this to Kieran...if he ever woke up.