Final Destination: Part 2

The orange light from the sunrise shone over Teru's eyes. They fluttered open. It was morning already? Did they arrive yet? He had a suspiciously good sleep.

Well, that was until he fully woke up and realized there was chaos. He heard aggressive noises of a fight outside. There were snarls, yelps, and growls.

Kieran stood beside the sofa, peering out the window with a grim expression. He was so focused that he did not notice Teru had woken up.

"Kieran?"

Kieran flinched and was at his side in an instant.

Teru asked in a panic, "What the hell is—"

He covered his mouth, needing to puke! Before Teru could even take one step off the sofa, Kieran picked him up and carried him to the bathroom. Thank heavens, because Teru believed he wouldn't have made it otherwise.

Kieran rubbed back as he released everything from his stomach into the toilet, which wasn't much. His body suddenly felt tired.

Damn it, I just woke up and I want to go back to sleep.

When he finished being sick, a toothbrush with toothpaste was already waiting for Teru on the counter. Kieran helped him stand up. After Teru quickly brushed his teeth and took the longest pee of his life, he left the bathroom. A cup of water was held out to him.

"Drink," his alpha implored. "You have to stay hydrated no matter what."

Even though Teru wasn't thirsty, he drank it anyway. The fight was still going on, though not as loud as before. Had enemies begun attacking them? If so, then why wasn't Kieran out there helping?

"What's happening?" Teru asked. "Where are Lucas and Blaise? What about Emerson?"

"Lucas is—," Kieran began to say, but he was interrupted by a pained yelp that echoed around them.

Teru knew that yelp.

It was Lucas.

He dropped the empty cup and hurried to the opened door.

I need to see him!

Before he could reach there, Kieran grabbed Teru by the arm. It stopped him in his tracks.

"Little one!" he almost yelled. "Just wait!"

"Why?" Teru yelled. There was more yelping. "Didn't you say you would decide what to do with Lucas when we landed? Is he in pain from needing Blaise's blood again? Please, stop this! You promised!"

Even Kieran looked upset with the situation. "I didn't have to make that decision in the end, Teru. Blaise made it for him hours ago. He went hunting not long after we arrived."

Hunting...

If Blaise went hunting...

It would've been to replenish his blood...

And if he needed to have enough blood to...

The dots connected. Teru pulled, trying to get to the door. "I need to go to Lucas!"

"It's dangerous! Besides being so deprived that our eyes turn black, a newly turned vampire is their most unstable time. He would kill you before you could blink!"

Tears stained his cheeks. They were just having a wonderful talk last night! Lucas felt his belly! "It is happening too fast! I can't think! Did Lucas say he wanted this? Because that fight says otherwise! Blaise can't force him! What happened to that saying, 'We have ethics as vampires?' Was it a lie?" His voice grew louder with every word.