Synthetic Love

They were all in VIP room #1. It was a spacious area, about half the size of the penthouse's first floor. There was a king-sized bed in the center, which was an odd placement. It had a high-rising metal bar frame with wispy, sheer curtains hanging from the crisscrossing beams above. Other than that, the rest of the space was barren except for an enormous wardrobe in the corner, a separate bathroom, and other weird contraptions he's never seen before such as a big, wooden X with leather straps.

Abaddon was talking to three attractive alphas, all vampires, who also wore green collars. Teru couldn't hear what they were discussing.

He turned to the pale omega standing beside him. Butterflies fluttered in his belly. Their body structures were similar in several ways. There were so many questions Teru had. Was he born a vampire? Was he originally human? Knowing he wasn't the only omega in this world brought him incredible joy.

"Hey, what's your nam–"

"Shh," he interrupted, putting a finger to his lips to be quiet. His eyes were cautious when he side glanced at Teru. "You'll get hurt if you speak without permission."

"Liam," a sharp voice said. Abaddon was disappointed. "Are you talking to my guest? You know the rules once we enter the playrooms."

Liam immediately lowered his head in shame and focused on the floor. The king couldn't see Liam's face, but Teru swore he saw a flash of hatred in his expression. "I apologize, Master."

"Come here."

He listened without question, walking to Abaddon until he stood in front of him. The others were silent.

Teru flinched when the dominant alpha backhanded Liam across the cheek. Surprisingly, he didn't fall from the impact. Perhaps it was because he was strong due to his species. If it were Teru being hit, he would've gone flying across the room since he was just a human.

A dribble of blood trickled from Liam's mouth. "Thank you, Master. I've learned my lesson."

T-thank you?! Why is he thanking him?! He struck you!

Abaddon wiped the crimson drop away with his thumb. "TSK, look what you made me do. You know I dislike hitting my favorite omega, especially since it's breeding season for you." He licked the blood on his finger, savoring it.

"Clothes. Off."

"Yes, Master." Liam swiftly removed everything, not embarrassed to be standing nude in front of an audience. The other collared alphas took in the pretty sight, practically salivating. Abaddon rummaged through his pocket until he found a shiny key, unlocking Liam's green collar.

Teru couldn't help but gasp in horror.

Marking scars covered his nape and upper shoulders. Since he was marked, where was his mate?

Hold on. The bed. The alphas. A collarless omega. Abaddon had said 'breeding season.'

Surely not.

Teru must have the wrong idea.

"You," Abaddon said, getting his attention. "Bring me the briefcase."

Briefcase? Teru didn't move. Liam's eyes looked down quickly, signaling him to look down, too. He followed his gaze's direction and saw a small, metal box with a handle on the floor. Teru picked it up, ran over to the group of vampires, and handed him the case with shaking hands.

Abaddon snickered and opened the box. "So eager. You'll fit in well."

Fit in? Where?

Inside were four needle syringes filled with a lime green liquid. The king picked one up, flicked the tip to release any bubbles, and pressed the bottom to squirt a small amount into the air. Abaddon held the needle closer so Teru could get a better look.