Lies and Truth

Where am I?

Teru was in a horrifying place. It was pitch black and freezing. He didn't know where he was since he couldn't see his surroundings. His heart thumped like crazy-

Hold on. I've experienced this before. It's identical.

He felt the walls, hard and rough to the touch. Rock. This was a cave, but not the Mammoth Caves that he knew.

Right, I remember now. Kieran came out of the nesting spell. We were resting on the bed. This is a dream.

A reddish light showed ahead. It was dim. When Teru entered this realm prior, he thought it was a sign of hope.

Rather, it was a sign of impending doom.

This wasn't a dream, either.

I know Blaise told me to never come here again. It wasn't on purpose.

Teru growled and hustled towards it, ignoring the jagged pebbles that he stepped on.

But we have unfinished business.

He reached the light. The cavern was still the same with a waterfall cascading from the opening above. The blood-colored sky gave the black, glittery stalagmites a dark crimson color.

The throne covered in poison-dipped thorns was empty.

"Back so soon? Defying your alpha? I wasn't expecting you to visit me so quickly, if at all. Kieran doesn't have the balls to train you correctly."

To his right was Abaddon. He was half submerged in the moat surrounding the center. His pitiful wings splayed behind him, floating on the surface. The water current cleansed off the sticky tar, polluting the entire river.

Abaddon crossed his arms over the moat's edge and placed his chin on them. Teru took offense to the way he looked utterly bored, as if he did not know what the fuck he had done to ruin countless lives!

"You," the omega seethed, spit flying.

"Me?" he questioned with fake surprise.

This bastard! Teru marched over to him. Mom and Hina were missing. His home was destroyed. Images of his dead pack members fueled his anger; the tiny pup that had been taken too soon...

All because of him!

"Get out," Teru barked, standing over Abaddon. His lip curled to show his teeth.

Abaddon smirked, yet was charmed by the puny aggression. "Are you commanding me, dominant omega? Your eyes are gold."

"Ah," he hesitated, not realizing his canines were longer, too. Teru shook his head to get rid of the distraction and emitted pheromones. "That's right. Get out and answer my questions. Now."

Much to his annoyance, Abaddon shrugged and took his good ol' time lifting himself out of the water. Teru had to look completely upwards at the angel's towering height, many feet taller than back on Earth. Pinkish-hued droplets rolled down his skin. It was diluted blood. Tar seeped from his cursed wings, sticking the broken bones and remaining feathers together for eternity. The smooth area where his genitals should've been didn't dumbstruck Teru, seeing it before.

"Cute, but you forgot about the last time you were here and did the same. I am not affected. If only we were in my chambers so I could beat your inner whore into obedience," the former king laughed. "I had a nice collection of dog training whips and drugs to keep you in ecstasy for days, too."

Teru was about to lose it. That smug expression...no more! There were many things he wanted to say that would wipe that nasty smile off his gross face.