Early Release

He's not dead. He's not dead. He's not dead.

Kieran repeated these words over and over in his head as blood slaves kept pummeling him with hand-sized stones. They've been at it for days now. His fast-healing wounds would reopen with every rock that landed on his black-and-blue body. Honestly, the hits didn't hurt that badly; he's been through much worse.

And when Lust and Wrath told him Teru had been crushed under the rubble caused by Kieran's sinful outburst, they thought he had lost it when he didn't react the way they thought he would. Rather than go berserk with grief, he was mostly calm with a hint of shame for hurting Teru:

Charles smacked Kieran's head. "Why? Why don't you care? That omega is dead. Don't you feel any guilt?"

Kieran, still reeling in from Pride taking over, was indifferent to the news.

"Teru isn't gone."

His brother scoffed. "I saw the damage. It was all destroyed by you."

"Did you find his body?"

"What?"

"I asked if you found his body."

"Well...no."

The king's guards placed pure silver handcuffs on Kieran's wrists. He was being sent to Times Square to face punishment for taking down a high-ranking vampire. "He's alive. Trust me."

Charles shook his head, thinking Kieran was in heartbroken denial.

The sun was rising. Just one more day and he'd be free to find Teru.

Another rock struck the side of his head, slicing open a deep gash. His dark red hair clumped from the oozing blood.

Oh, and he'd kill all the bastards that dare partake in this. They just had extra courage because his hands and throat were bound by silver shackles and chains to the stage, which hurt more than the stoning. The metal restraints dug angry, red burn marks into his skin, sizzling it off.

There were faint whispers in the distance, growing louder every minute. Kieran looked up from hiding his face behind his crossed arms where he sat. The spectators were murmuring and pointing at his younger brother approaching the beta-selling stage. Charles climbed up the stairs and joined Kieran next to him, sighing heavily.

Charles snapped his fingers to get the guard's attention. "Let's go, let's go. Get this over with." They placed a collar and wrist straps on him. Rocks flew at both vampires.

Kieran was very confused. "Why are you here? Did you walk all the way yourself?"

"I did. Dear 'ol Dad sentenced me to finish the punishment with you." Charles rubbed his temple from a migraine. "I have good news and bad news. Which one do you want first?"

He hated these types of games, but it was moot to argue about it. "Good news."

"Well, you were right. Teru is alive. I came across him running around near my office. It turns out he had entered hibernation from his wounds after you wiped out your penthouse."

His chest hurt upon hearing Teru had hibernated. At least his instincts were correct that he was alive. "Bad news?"

"You-know-who has him now. He found him with me and thought I was 'stealing' him, hence why I'm here."

His words echoed in Kieran's head. Abaddon. That snake. He never could let any of his stepchildren have nice things; he always wanted the best for himself. The way he 'played' with his vampire and human toys was sadistic, unleashing his sick kinks on them until there was nothing left but an empty shell. Kieran knows because he's seen it firsthand. Many green-collared victims have tried to run away. Most were caught and disciplined severely for betraying their Master.