Déjà Vu

[Season 2]

Teru's eyes fluttered open, welcomed by the white ceiling above. Most of the surrounding scents were unfamiliar: fresh paint, cleaning chemicals, newly cut wood, etc., but he recognized that brown liquid Kieran liked to drink in the morning. Coffee, as he recalled. There was one time he wanted to try it but was denied, claiming he'd be 'bouncing off the walls,' whatever that meant.

This felt like déjà vu from his first morning here.

He turned on his side and dozily observed his wolf plush and a glass of water on the side table. His eyes slowly shut again for another round of slumber, snuggling further under the soft blankets...

...until he sat up quickly. That smell – the coffee. Kieran was in the other room. So, he was saved after all from the king.

Flashbacks of the past few weeks were all Teru thought of, particularly from today. Or was that yesterday? The day before yesterday? He felt groggy from oversleeping, so he must've been out of it for a while. Teru tangled his fingers through his hair and lowered his head, feeling his lungs tighten when remembering Abaddon forcing him to watch Liam get taken by so many rutting alphas. It was hard to breathe. Would they eventually drug him up to induce his heat cycle early, too?

Teru gasped for air. He sunk deeper into the dark, murky water his mind was creating.

Someone pulled him onto their lap, rocking him back and forth saying, "I have you. It's okay."

Ten minutes went by before the panic attack stopped.

Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale.

Teru scanned the room. His bedroom's size resembled the old one, but the décor was different. There also wasn't a mini-refrigerator. He disliked how nothing smelled of him anymore. It was all new. Only one smelled the same – the mint pheromones washing over him like a warm bath after a long, tedious day.

He looked up. Kieran met his stare with his crimson eyes, worried. Teru slid off Kieran's lap, sitting on his knees on the bed while the vampire remained where he was. Pride wasn't visible anymore.

Anger flared in him, making him growl.

This...this vampire!

Teru pounded on Kieran's muscular chest with balled-up fists. It wasn't doing any damage, but it felt good to let out some steam. While the rain of hits continued, he fumed, "You! Why didn't you tell me who you really were?! I lived with a deadly sin for months! Don't you think this would be important to know?! And I wasn't the only omega living here! Liam is a vampire, but it still counts! Are there more?!"

The rambling questions kept coming. Kieran didn't move, letting him release his wrath to his heart's content. Soon enough, Teru was breathing heavily from tiredness. His punches were weak and slow. When he stopped, he sighed and slammed his backside on the large bed, splayed out like a starfish. His new satin pajamas were wet under his armpits and lower backside.

"Do you feel better?" Kieran asked, fixing his formal vest and tie. The man looked totally fine!

"I don't like you right now."

"We should talk about what happened–"

Teru huffed and got off the bed. "Are you being serious? Now you want to talk to me?"

Kieran was equally becoming pissed off, speedily marching towards Teru. In a way, Teru thought he'd grab his throat just like the first time they met, too. He didn't and stood over him. Why was his tall height so annoying?

"Tell me one thing," Kieran asked. "Would you have opened up to me if you knew my real identity? Don't you realize how difficult it was to make the hatred in your eyes disappear? You'd still be calling me a bloodsucker, otherwise."