Daydream

Abaddon reached over and pressed something to the side, which Teru couldn't see from his view as a prisoner. The glass slid to the left.

It's a door!

The giant window was a door the entire time...

And now nothing was in between them.

He tensed when he realized his pheromones were saturating every nook and cranny. The room was small, so he imagined the unseen sparkles piling up over time. It would make an alpha go crazy. Recently, Teru could finally detect the change in his scent. It became sweeter by the day, a sign of his pregnancy hormones getting stronger as the babies grew. It was sickly sweet, even for him. Anyone would notice that something was off with him by now. Someone who had never met an omega likely couldn't pinpoint the explanation, but those who remembered his gender could make a good guess. It was a distinct scent.

Stupid him didn't think to hide his pheromones while trapped.

Abaddon walked in with purpose, stepping on the pile of books. The corner of the phone was visible, but thankfully the vampire was too star-struck by the new addition to his collection to notice. Before he could get away, Abaddon released his scentless pheromones, putting pressure on Teru's shoulders to remain still. It was the most bizarre feeling of being in the presence of an alpha without a smell. It didn't have the same 'obey me' sensation a dominant should have. Since this visit caught Teru by surprise, he didn't have time to counteract the silent command.

Abaddon's hand gripped him by the jaw, lightly squeezing his cheeks. It didn't hurt, but it was firm. He moved Teru's head to the left to examine his features, then to the right. Move down. Push up to see his throat.

"Not as pretty as Ryoma, but it'll have to do. It's a shame the sire was a mutt of unknown blood, or he'd be the pick of the litter, no doubt. At least he's still show-quality." He forced Teru's mouth open. "Teeth are perfect. No overbite. Skin is a little pale. Let's increase the iron in his diet."

Abaddon inhaled his scent, analyzing it like Blaise did when guessing someone's intimate life.

Oh no...

"The cinnamon adds value to him. Spices are a rare scent. I'm pleased."

Cinnamon? That's only during my heat. I definitely do not smell like cinnamon. What is he smelling to think that?

Teru kept quiet and didn't correct the mistake, tethered in place by alpha pheromones. Okay, this sort of touch was doable. As long as he didn't do anything to trigger the omega's defense-

Abaddon held up the white collar, intending to strap the offensive accessory around Teru's bare neck. It would be a symbol of being a piece of property once more. The unbreakable material would cover his mark. That was enough to ignite his instincts, like he was a cornered dog. Teru would not accept it.

A low growl vibrated in his chest and flashed his teeth in warning. He was about to snap at the hand inching closer when he saw Abaddon's heterochromia eyes. Rather than being angry at the omega's resistance, he was excited by it. Clearly, he wanted Teru to rebel, but why? Perhaps it would give him an excuse to hurt him into submission?

I can't risk getting injured. Kieran told me to take care of my body.

As much as Teru wanted to bite this man's finger off and tear the collar to shreds, he had to think about all the possibilities. Abaddon was certainly a physically abusive alpha, and wouldn't hesitate to smack a petite human around despite the sheer difference in their body size. So, Teru shut his mouth and clenched his teeth together, loathing the feeling of the collar fastening around his throat. The lock clicked. No one could remove it except the new owner.