[Bonus Chapter] - Conceive: Part 4

Hot.

Fire.

Blistering.

Heat.

It was all Teru felt as he heard his mate making a ruckus while searching for him. Amusing at first, but the remorse for being so stubborn set in. It was boiling. An oven. Sweat and slick pooled under him.

He weakly reached toward the vent he had flipped shut. What a stupid thing to do! Teru couldn't muster the strength to crawl out. His shoulders twitched with every electric zap. Hibernation pulled him under, sinking and sinking.

Then, it suddenly wasn't so hot anymore. His body floated to the surface.

Wake up. Please? I'm sor...

Teru heard the desperate purrs. His face scrunched. When he woke up, a snowflake landed on his nose. Why were they outside?

As he touched Kieran's cheek to get his attention, he watched the fluffy snow stick to his dark burgundy hair. Pretty. They growled to each other and he noticed his red eyes. Huh? When did that occur? And the blood—

Crimson eyes?! Blood?! What happened?

Teru made some guesses after seeing the red mess on his hand. He was glad to see it healed, besides the original marking scar. Yes, he wanted to teach Kieran a lesson about being a little more humble, but never to the point of self-harm.

To make amends, he licked Kieran's face. He tasted iron.

Better.

"Ah!" Teru yelped.

Hot.

Fire.

Blistering.

Heat.

It was back. Another wave. The strongest one. His body went stiff. He gripped his lower stomach. The fever was unbearable! Just kill him, for heaven's sake!

It clawed his insides, organ by organ, bone by bone. Molten lava erupted and spread through each vein. Even exposed to the icy winds, sweat dripped down Teru's back and temple. He groaned. His scent gland burned, working to emit pheromones that could captivate an impotent beta into breeding him pregnant. Slick gushed from his aching hole. It leaked over Kieran's leg. More collected inside, ready to lubricate an alpha who would dare enter him.

He wanted to curl into a ball. Tears welled up. It was hard to even moan, to even breathe and think.

The worst part was how Teru felt his cycle peak with so much clarity. Usually, he would forget, or at least experience it with a pheromone-drugged mind. Yet, here he was, wide awake to feel every stabbing contraction as the uterus pocket opened again.

Teru bit his bottom lip. The sharp points of his long canines dug into the skin, drawing a bead of blood.

Could someone put an end to this misery?

Burning! Hurts!

A firm grip squeezed his jaw. Kieran forced Teru to look at him.

Teru realized he wasn't the only one in pain. The alpha was shaking from the rut's coldness. Being outside in the dead of winter made it worse. His blood-deprived eyes were the most telling. They stared into his, wordlessly saying he wanted him and more.

His body.

His heat.

His comfort.

His love.