Justice

"Try holding it this way," Kieran instructed, showing him how to hold a pencil again between his fingers.

Teru was attempting to trace the alphabet on worksheets meant for children but was having difficulties keeping the utensil steady in his hands. To be honest, Kieran was surprised by how fast he was learning, given the way he lived without proper education—by day four of practicing, he had memorized all twenty-six letters, uppercase and lowercase, as well as the first ten numbers.

Teru weakly drew the next letter. "I don't know, it just doesn't feel natural when I write."

"Since you've never tried before this, your hand muscles are weak. It'll get easier." Kieran watched Teru continue to struggle to complete the dotted lines, not getting the hang of it. He was constantly adjusting Teru's right-handed grasp.

While doing so, Kieran found himself inhaling deeply next to the omega's neck. The smell of Teru's blood was beckoning him to drink. His impeccable hearing could detect the gentle rush of blood traveling through the artery with every heartbeat, practically drowning out all other city sounds. If he looked close enough, a tiny pulse thumped against the sweet-scented skin...

The vampire opened his mouth and inched closer to the prey's jugular, his fangs aching to taste it...

"I'm hungry," Teru said while still writing, disrupting Kieran's trance. Realizing what he was about to do, Kieran stopped and pulled back. Thank whatever deity it was to make Teru so oblivious to the predator that almost attacked him from behind.

He looked at the clock. It read 6:15.

The maid was fifteen minutes late with dinner. This was actually a good opportunity to distance himself from the delicious blood scent.

If Kieran stayed any longer...

"I'll go get it myself since she is late. You want your raspberries on time, correct?" What a sad excuse, but it was all he had right there and then.

Not wasting a second longer to hear Teru's response, he rushed out of the penthouse to go to the donor floor, forgetting his coat and identification; not like he needed it anyway since everyone knew who he was.

He refused to admit that every day was a struggle, his primal instincts wanting to take over by sinking his elongated canines into Teru. Just thinking about him writhing in pleasure from his pheromone venom while sliding his cock into that tight hole was causing Kieran to feel abnormally aggressive at the moment. His lower stomach churned with sexual need.

Kieran's vampiric core temperature became cooler. It was a sign of...

This is not my rut. My cycles have never been unstable.

Out of all the things wrong with his body, his ruts were not to be trifled with. Kieran wouldn't be buried by such shame. It was the one predictable bodily function the alpha had left. He'd get Dr. Charles involved if that happened, but not before killing a few others out of sheer anger from the deadly blow to his Pride.

The prince passed humans and vampires in the capitol building. They cowered away from him, knowing what he'd done to the king's head servant. All of New York heard about it. How couldn't they when that damned beta ran around the lobby like a headless chicken, screaming bloody murder about his missing eyes?

The elevator door opened to reveal the darkened hallway.

The desk attendant saw him coming. "Ah! Prince Kieran. You're back so soon."

He held out his hand for the room key. "The usual."

She looked nervous by his request. "I'm afraid your regular donor is no longer in service. May I suggest—"