Marking: Part 2

Kieran flinched when the scalding hot water cleaned out the grime and dried blood from his wounds. He had no one to blame but himself because he made rookie mistakes in the fight. Long ago, Tristan would've had difficulties getting in just one scratch, let alone multiple inflictions. Then again, it's been so long since participating in a real alpha challenge with someone of the same caliber as him, so such stupid blunders were to be expected.

Still, Kieran should've done worse to Tristan. He was this close to ripping his heart out, but resorted to biting his tart scent gland instead. The other sins would've interfered if they thought he literally intended to kill Envy. No one knew what would happen if a deadly sin died; it never occurred before and their mother, Lilith, didn't seem to be interested in bearing more children.

The gashes began to heal. He felt the scabs followed by new skin forming over his injuries. The recovery time took longer since this was the longest he's gone without seeing a donor. When Teru offered his arm to him moments prior, he almost gave in, wanting to suck every drop. But Kieran couldn't, not confident he could control Pride. It was already at its limit after facing Envy. Then, seeing Charles behind Teru, inhaling his scent to see if the omega needed to be eliminated if he detected wrath on him, almost did Kieran in, too.

He scratched viciously at his scarred nape, almost making it bleed. Lately, it's been bothering Kieran to the point where he couldn't sleep. Today was especially bothersome with Teru getting closer to his heat. It was like the more vampires were interested in him, smelling him, and even merely seeing him, the worse the itch became. Damn, what was he going to do about that blasted equinox party? Blood slaves were required to dress provacatively-

What felt like bombs going off around his army brigade during the World Wars detonated within him. Rounds of bullet shells flew through his veins, making Kieran unable to breathe. What the hell?!

White stars blinded his vision, playing scenes of memories he had not experienced yet.

The nervousness in Kieran's chest dissipated into pure bliss when Teru accepted the white gold ring. A tiny opal set in the band glistened colorfully under the moonlight as Teru inspected it with a smile. Due to the omega's condition, he couldn't wear jewelry on his fingers, so Teru placed it on the necklace with the crane ring.

Sleep never came to Kieran. It was one of those nights. He got up to make coffee at four in the morning. Might as well begin the day, right? As he sipped on his favorite beverage, besides Teru's blood obviously, he leaned against the doorframe of their bedroom. He watched his partner in deep sleep, curled into a ball with his knees almost touching his face. Christ, he was flexible even when in slumber. Next to him on the bed, something small wiggled in its blanket, cuddling closer to Teru. His heart was full.

He was wrapped in several layers of blankets in front of the fire. Though he was a vampire, Kieran thought it was bitterly freezing up here in the high mountains. When Teru returned from his run through the forest, the omega crawled up under the fleece blanket, settling against Kieran's body. Teru's head peeked out from the top of the blanket he had swaddled them with. They watched the fire sizzle and crack. Wolves howled in the distance. He hungrily eyed Teru's nape.

"I want to have more," Kieran said, seductively nipping on the skin with his fangs.

The snippets ended. These were-

An unseen force roughly tugged on his consciousness, causing him to lose his footing. The shower floor was slippery, so Kieran couldn't get traction to stop the fall. He reached out to grab anything. There was the door, but he tore it off its hinges. The frosted glass shattered into pieces. His other hand caught the porcelain shelf, knocking over the bottles and soaps.