Out of His League

Lucas had nightmares.

Terrible, horrible, disgusting nightmares that were even worse than the ones he had when under the Zhang's ownership.

Why? Because he dreamt of that horse-faced bloodsucker prince, Pride, cradling him in his lap, licking at his slashed throat. The dream was foggy, so Lucas didn't remember most. Before falling asleep, Lucas recalled how he foolishly challenged Abaddon, all to protect his best friend. He didn't regret it one bit, but his neck got sliced open by a god-damned fingernail in the process, a fingernail! While on the ground, completely out of it, he was positive he saw a group of omegas tearing the shit out of their captor as Blaise cried above him. Was that all a hallucination? Lucas didn't know.

It was a blur as he was placed into a car, groggily watching the trees whiz by through the small, square window. Sugar. Lucas smelled brown sugar during his lucid periods. It was the only smell keeping him from giving up, helping him turn away from the welcoming, comfortable light that appeared a few times in his head. Sometimes he'd hear quiet sniffles, feeling pressure on his neck.

Don't cry, Lucas wanted to say, hating how he couldn't utter a word; not even a moan to let them know he was hanging in there by a thread. The warm hands caressing his cold, sweaty face soothed him enough to sleep some more.

Pleasant dreams didn't come. Awful nightmare began. When Lucas 'woke up,' the alpha that he despised was holding him. Fucking Kieran. Lucas tried to crawl away on the seat, only to be dragged back by the scruff of his nape as Kieran licked his throat. Lucas squirmed and clawed at the vampire for this to stop. His wound kept reopening.

"Be still. I hate this as much as you do," Kieran growled. "Do you want to be mute for the rest of your short life?"

Lucas didn't want to listen. This nightmare had to end! He wiggled with poor strength and released weak lavender pheromones, unable to protest with words. The struggle smeared blood on Kieran's dark red hair. He hated the feeling of this bastard's wet tongue and the occasional snag of a fang on his skin. When he said he hated it, Lucas meant it with every fiber of his being. It was too close, too intimate. The mint scent was smothering. Vanilla would be much better. Who smelled like vanilla? He forgot.

His condition got the best of him in the end. Too lethargic to fight anymore, he had no choice but to let Kieran do what he wanted with his deadweight body, feasting away on his blood.

This...this...monster! Stop! Don't touch me!

Eventually, it did stop. Heavens, Lucas felt unbelievably exhausted. He shouldn't be this tired in a dream.

"Don't leave the car. I'll return later," that vamp told him.

Fuck you, was his last thought before the nightmare ended in darkness. Finally, some peace.

What felt like seconds later, Lucas scrunched his face. The sunset's light blinded him through his eyelids. He squinted one eye open and noted that this was the military vehicle. Outside the windows were trees. A...forest? Were they not in the city anymore? Was Teru okay? The seat beside him smelled of sweet pheromones. It was recent, too.

Abaddon died, right? What happened after that? I think Blaise-

Wait. Blaise. Where was that guy? Did he survive? It was as if Lucas had been dunked in a frozen pond, numbing him to the bone. What was this feeling? Concern? Anxious? Was he actually worried about Blaise, aka Lust? No, that was impossible. He should be glad to be free.

Instead of relishing in the freedom, his inner alpha was uneasy, looking for someone that had long, blonde hair.

Get yourself together. An alpha shouldn't feel like this towards another alpha-an alpha that owns, no, used to own me, Lucas scolded himself, shaking his head in frustration. These sentiments over a vampire were silly!