Chapter 12

The head catcher patted Chu Xiaoyun's chest, and said sarcastically, "I have to ask you about this matter, who else can understand better than you?" The

crime of homicide is unavoidable in any dynasty. Chu Xiaoyun became anxious now, and shouted: "I didn't kill anyone, you must have misunderstood. I hope you will investigate clearly. I paid money to redeem him, so there is no need to kill people to steal money." The head catcher

sneered "Didn't you still owe this pair of uncle's gift money of ten taels of silver? Yesterday morning, you ran away to others to play wild, Chu Xiaoyun, you really think you are the king of Hades! Take it away!" Although Su Wen was afraid, he listened

. Understood, he shouted anxiously: "He didn't kill anyone. He just went to my uncle's house yesterday to get the old clothes I wore before. He was at home all afternoon. I can testify." The head catcher turned his head with malicious intentions

. He glanced Su Wen up and down with his eyes, and smiled: "I can't see that such a notorious street gangster like Chu Xiaoyun can win the hearts of beauties. Little beauty, don't worry, if this king of Chu Yan is convicted, he will The procedures for redeeming you are illegal, and you will be fined and auctioned off as a slave. What proof can you prove? You have a few days left to be free, so hurry up and be happy." These words directly frightened

Su Wen to stay where he was. Chu Xiaoyun was quite frightened. He originally wanted to tell Su Wen to leave him alone. If he couldn't get rid of his grievances, he would give this yard to him and let him live a good life here. But he didn't expect that if he was convicted, Su Wen would not be able to live well, and would be auctioned off by the government. He hurriedly calmed himself down, and said to Su Wen: "Su Wen, don't be afraid. I didn't do anything, and I won't let you be auctioned off again. You go to Wang Sanqiang, don't be afraid! I believe the government will pay me back Innocent."

The catcher said with a sneer: "Isn't every prisoner saying that, you can save these words in the courtroom and shout at the county magistrate!"

Chu Xiaoyun raised his head and said: "The county magistrate has not yet sentenced, I am now At most, it is a suspect. Where did the prisoner come from?"

The head catcher narrowed his eyes, looked at Chu Xiaoyun again, and said with a sinister smile: "This is your Chu Xiaoyun's nature, right? Just now you pretended to be. Take it away!" The two

catchers Pushing Chu Xiaoyun: "Let's go!"

Chu Xiaoyun's mind was never idle on the way. Whether his grievances can be washed away is not only related to his own life, but also to Su Wen's life. He went bankrupt and redeemed him, so he couldn't be allowed to fall into the pit of fire again. Judging from the attitude of the head catcher towards him, this person must be very malicious towards himself, or the original owner. Maybe he is one of the opponents who framed him. For the present plan, we can only hope for the county

magistrate .

Chu Xiaoyun encouraged himself, he must find a way to see the county magistrate as soon as possible, and use his professional knowledge to convince him. The county magistrate is the person who has the most power to decide the case, and has gone through the formal examination of the imperial examination. According to my understanding in the original society, these posts of police officers do not need to pass the strict and formal civil service examinations like the police in modern society, and many of them are recruited at will.

Those who have received formal education and examinations may be the most objective ones. Chu Xiaoyun firmly believed in this point no matter in modern times or in ancient times.

Although the two eras are different, Chu Xiaoyun believes that they are common in many aspects. After all, modern criminal investigation methods are gradually developed from ancient times. Chu Xiaoyun believed that as long as he could convince the county magistrate to prove himself, he would be able to find the real murderer.

With mental calculations, Chu Xiaoyun felt a little relieved. What he is most worried about now is not himself, but Su Wen. Thinking about what the head arrester said just now, he was very scared. Now that he is alone and has no money, if he has something to do, he doesn't know how to live. Thinking of this, Chu Xiaoyun was very lucky. Fortunately, he had basically done all the things he had to do during the day. The rice noodles he bought in the morning were enough for Su Wen to eat for a while, and the seeds had already been scattered in the ground, so he could eat them in a few days . Thinking of this, Chu Xiaoyun felt a little more at ease.

When the headhunters captured Chu Xiaoyun at the Yamen, they went straight to the side hall, where a man in an official robe stood with his back facing them. The arresting party greeted them respectfully: "Lord Lu, the suspect has been brought here."

Thinking that this person was the county magistrate, Chu Xiaoyun felt that his luck was not as good as expected, but an abrupt voice broke his heart. That little pleasure.

"Don't kneel down when you see the county magistrate!"

It was the voice of the head catcher.

Chu Xiaoyun frowned upon hearing this. He is a person who has received equal education in modern society, and the ritual of kneeling has long been swept into the garbage dump of history in modern civilized society. What's more, he was originally a criminal policeman, and he definitely did not think of kneeling to others.

When he was studying the history of the trial system at the Criminal Police Academy, he also learned about the ancient interrogation system. Only the people in the Yuan and Qing dynasties had to kneel when they met officials. In other dynasties, non-prisoners did not need to kneel before they were convicted. The scenes of people kneeling before seeing an official on TV are just modern people's misunderstanding of the legal system in ancient society.

Chu Xiaoyun remembered that he was in the Dacheng Dynasty that had never appeared in history, and he didn't know which dynasty system they followed. Chu Xiaoyun glanced at the official uniform of the county magistrate, and recalled the clothes and conversations of the people he saw when he traveled across. It seems that this should be a dynasty with relatively open folk customs and a more tolerant court. Chu Xiaoyun ignored the scolding from the police, just bent over to the county magistrate with his bound body, and said neither humble nor overbearing: "Xiaomin has seen the county magistrate."

If he wants to persuade the county magistrate to allow him to prove himself, Not to mention showing a humble demeanor, that would be of no benefit to his self-proving claim. Just imagine, who would believe that a yesman can solve the truth of a criminal case!

When the county magistrate heard Chu Xiaoyun's greeting, he turned around and said, "It's not in the courtroom, and you haven't been convicted yet, so there's no need for it."

Seeing the county magistrate's words, the arrester could only retreat angrily.

Sure enough, his guess was correct, Chu Xiaoyun was relieved, and only then did he think about looking at the county magistrate.

The county magistrate looked very young, perhaps a student who hadn't been in high school for long. Chu Xiaoyun felt that it was much easier to deal with people of the same age than the old man, and felt that his luck had improved by two points. He was thinking about how to get the head catcher away so that he could prove himself, but the county magistrate said: "It is said that Chu Xiaoyun has the reputation of the King of Hades in Jingxian County and me. Looking at your temperament today, it is somewhat inconsistent with the rumors."

Chu Xiaoyun's attitude was respectful but neither humble nor overbearing: "It's all because Xiaomin was young and ignorant before, my lord can learn from it." The

county magistrate didn't change any expression on his face, as if Chu Xiaoyun's words had already been expected by him , just nodded calmly: "Press it down."

The arrester on the side stepped forward, and Chu Xiaoyun hurriedly said: "My lord, wait a moment, Xiaomin is not the murderer who killed Mr. Zhang, please be the master for Xiaomin." The county magistrate signaled to go

up The former arrester stepped back quickly: "Don't admit it? This is a bit interesting. But throughout the ages, no murderer has ever been willing to confess to the crime. Your rhetoric is not new." Chu Xiaoyun said: "I am willing to testify myself.

"

" How do you prove yourself?" The county magistrate seemed to be interested.

"I don't know why my lord thinks that Xiaomin is the murderer who killed that young master?" Chu Xiaoyun asked, "Xiaomin has no motive, no time, and no opportunity.

" No words. The head catcher on the side saw it and shouted sharply: "Chu Xiaoyun, you still want to quibble now! You sold your daughter-in-law, attached to beauty, and regretted it; you redeemed her, lost money and land, But he was unwilling. Isn't this the motive? After leaving the Su family, you have a lot of time to kill people, isn't it time? Not long after you left the Su family, Mr. Zhang died, isn't this your chance?"

"Xiao Min never had such an idea in his mind, but Mr. Head Catcher, you assume so. Do you have evidence?" Chu Xiaoyun asked.

"Mr. Zhang lives in the county seat, but his body was found on the way from the Su family to your house. There are still traces of fighting at the scene. Mr. Zhang has always been kind and generous, and he is very popular, but he has only had a gap with you. How can you say Tell me, if it wasn't you, who would it be?" The head catcher answered loudly on behalf of the master.

That greasy old man covered in flesh is very popular? Chu Xiaoyun didn't believe a word. However, when arguing about these useless things from time to time, Chu Xiaoyun said: "Even if the chief catcher's words are true, it cannot be used to confirm that Xiaomin is the real murderer. Judging the case pays attention to the evidence of witnesses. I don't know if the chief catcher has someone to testify I saw Chu murder with my own eyes, do you have physical evidence of the murder weapon?" "

You..." The head catcher was dumbfounded for a moment, "Don't try to quibble, the matter has come to an end, your sophistry is useless. It's normal for no one to see you killing in the field at night, who is the murder weapon? You will stay at the scene again. But your motive for committing the crime is clear, and Mr. Zhang died near your home after a dispute with you, and you cannot escape." Through the

scene in front of you and the arresting words, I want to come to the county There is no real evidence to arrest him, and the county magistrate doesn't seem to believe that he is a murderer, otherwise he would not have taken him to the side hall to meet him, but would have taken him directly to the prison. Chu Xiaoyun is very sure of this, but what he doesn't understand is that since the government has no evidence to prove that he did murder, and even the county magistrate doesn't believe that he is a murderer, why does the headhunter insist that he is a murderer? Who sued me? From the fact that the head arrester led people to arrest him so mobilizingly, it didn't seem like he was simply arrested for questioning.

Chu Xiaoyun keenly noticed that there must be something strange in it. Maybe it's the mutual blog between the two forces.

After figuring out his current situation, Chu Xiaoyun didn't know whether he should be thankful or more worried. His current situation, on the one hand, is more conducive to his own chance to prove himself, and on the other hand, if he cannot prove himself as soon as possible, then one party will become the sacrificial lamb in order to explain to the other party, and it is not impossible for him to become a sacrificed pawn .

Thinking of this, Chu Xiaoyun said decisively: "I wonder if the county magistrate will allow me to see the body of the son? Maybe the little people can find the real murderer." The head arrester was about to object, but the county magistrate said:

" You are such an interesting person. It's okay to let you meet, let's see what tricks you can pull off." The

head catcher objected: "My lord, this person has a slippery tongue, a gangster in the market, and it's unbelievable."

The county magistrate looked at it Look at Chu Xiaoyun: "Isn't there you? You are a group of police officers on duty. Is it possible that you are afraid that he will run away like a street gangster?" Then he

looked at Chu Xiaoyun: "Besides, I can't just listen to one side's words. , I went to court, and I still have to verify his defense." The head arrester had no choice but to

have Chu Xiaoyun escorted to the autopsy room to see the old man's body.