Chapter 19

Seeing that, Chu Xiaoyun couldn't ask any questions, so he said to the county magistrate, "My lord, let's go back and have a look."

The county magistrate agreed.

A group of people were about to return to the embankment where the corpses were dumped. Before leaving, Chu Xiaoyun caught a glimpse of the cowshed out of the corner of his eye, and stepped forward to have a look. An officer shouted behind him: "What are you doing, you. Don't walk around!"

The county magistrate made a stop gesture and walked over.

Chu Xiaoyun glanced back at the other people who were far away, pointed to a clearly visible footprint on the ground next to the cowshed that was soaked in cow urine and softened, and said to the county magistrate, "My lord, look at this footprint." The county

magistrate Glancing at the footprints: "A footprint can't explain anything."

Chu Xiaoyun said: "Can the footprints explain anything? Should I ask first?"

He said and glanced at the young man not far away.

The county magistrate smiled slightly: "If you don't believe me, you can go and ask."

Chu Xiaoyun was silent for a moment, and then he understood: "My lord is right. Then the little people have the courage to say something more, and the people sent by the lord to arrest must be carefully selected."

Judging from the current situation and the other party's own attitude, it is hard to say that the government's arrest is reliable. When encountering such a situation in modern society, the local police force is generally not allowed to be responsible, but the armed police who have nothing to do with the local area will be dispatched. I don't know if the county magistrates had armed forces similar to the modern armed police in ancient times and in the Dacheng Dynasty.

The county magistrate looked at Chu Xiaoyun, his eyes full of suspicion: "It's hard for the county to believe that you were a scoundrel in the past. Aren't you going to tell the county who you are?"

Chu Xiaoyun was in a bit of a dilemma. He couldn't tell the county magistrate that he had traveled from the future society. The county magistrate may not believe it, and he may think that he is supernatural or something. In an unknown society, self-protection is always the most important thing.

Chu Xiaoyun scratched his head: "My lord, you can also understand that people will change when they have a family. Such a beautiful daughter-in-law, I want to live a good life. Otherwise, I won't sell the land and redeem her. "

No way, now I can only pull Su Wen out as a shield, and apologize after getting off the hook.

The county magistrate looked at Chu Xiaoyun and smiled: "I just redeemed him the day before yesterday. Yesterday it was said that you were busy all day, so you should not be married yet, right? Catch the real culprit as you said, and wait until the day you get married. I forgot to tell the official, I will witness the marriage for you."

"Huh?" Chu Xiaoyun didn't expect the county magistrate to come out like this.

The county magistrate looked at Chu Xiaoyun: "Why, can't you lie to me?"

Chu Xiaoyun thought about his own freedom, and forced a smile: "How could it be. Sir, you are overthinking."

The county magistrate nodded in satisfaction: "That's good."

Then he asked: "Do you still have to go back to the scene to see it?"

Chu Xiaoyun said: "No, just go back."

The two turned around and walked back to the middle of the yard. Chu Xiaoyun said to the boy: "When you found the cow running away last night, did you find anyone or something strange?"

The young man shook his head: "No. I heard the cow's cry, put on my clothes and came out, and saw the cow running towards the river bank I went after him, and I didn't find anyone suspicious."

Chu Xiaoyun nodded, "If you think of anything in the future, don't forget to tell me, or tell the adults."

The boy nodded.

Chu Xiaoyun said to the county magistrate: "My lord, I have no problem."

The magistrate nodded, and said to the master: "Go back

to the mansion!

" . Chu Xiaoyun was escorted back to the prison again. The real culprit has not been brought to justice, and he still has to live in this prison for a while. However, according to his observation, judging from the county magistrate's attitude towards him, he should believe that he is innocent, and he is not on the same side as the Zhang family. Chu Xiaoyun felt relieved and lay down on the small bed covered with torn quilts.

Before that, I was nervous and highly concentrated. I only thought about the case, and only wanted to get rid of the crime. Now that he is free, Chu Xiaoyun thinks of Su Wen unconsciously, wondering what he is doing now. The yard left by the original owner is far away from other people's homes. Will he be afraid when he is alone at home? When I earn money in the future, I must heighten and strengthen the courtyard wall and make the courtyard gate well. Make a safe home.

Thinking of this, Chu Yunxi came to his senses and scolded himself again. By then, Su Wen might have left long ago, and now he stayed only because of his kindness. Su Wen is now free. With his appearance and character, there must be many people who are willing to marry him. Given a choice, who would want to live with a notorious gangster?

Thinking of this, Chu Xiaoyun's original joy of getting Xue because of the unjust case suddenly sank down again. In less than two days, I actually developed feelings of reluctance for a Shuang'er who is closer to a man in every aspect, which is really interesting. Chu Xiaoyun suddenly remembered what the county magistrate said at the cattle herder's house during the day, and his emotions suddenly rose again. The county magistrate said he would marry him, otherwise it would be deception. Maybe Su Wen has to stay and help him act.

Thinking of this, the haze in Chu Xiaoyun's heart seemed to dissipate again.

At this time, he heard someone in the guard office seem to be chanting the legal provisions: "...Disrespecting the magistrate; openly insulting and beating others in the court; disturbing the order of the court; roaring in the court are all crimes of contempt of the court:..."

Someone laughed and said, "What's the use of reading this? Is it possible that you still want to take the imperial examination? Go to sleep." ... "I didn't expect that

there

are so many crimes in the court. But it's always good to have a dream. It doesn't have to be It's come true." Chu Xiaoyun sighed and fell asleep following the conversation between the two.

Early in the morning of the second day, people from the Zhang family came to beat the drums. After the county magistrate was promoted to the hall, there was a sound of "Wei-wu-". The county magistrate asked: "Who is in the hall, what is the so-called drumming?"

Pei Jin said: "My son died unjustly, and now the scene has been inspected. I wonder if we can let that villain Chu Xiaoyun pay for his blood?" The county

magistrate will inspect the situation on the spot the day before yesterday After the announcement, he said: "There are still many doubts in this case. All the suspects have not been brought to justice and cannot be judged. The court trial has already said that if there is any progress in the case, the county will send someone to notify it. Now I haven't waited for the official to notify me. Why are you waiting?" Can't wait to come here to beat the drums and disturb the court?"

Zhang Cheng's wife hurriedly changed her words when she saw this: "Please forgive me. Just because the husband of the slave family suffered an accident, the entire Zhang family was immersed in grief. As the mistress of the slave family, I also want to be the husband. Zhaoxue is eager, and I hope you will understand."

The county magistrate said: "That's all right, let's go back first, and wait for all the suspects to arrive."

Zhang Cheng's wife said: "There is still something hidden in the husband's case. I can understand it. However, Chu Xiaoyun's crime of contempt of the court the day before yesterday was undeniable, and my lord is also a witness, so there should be nothing to dispute." The county magistrate said, "That's the case. Then the punishment will be executed today! Come on,

hurry to the prison Mention the suspect Chu Xiaoyun."

The yamen servant took the order and left.

After the yamen servant left, Mrs. Zhang cried again in court. When the yamen servant came to Chu Xiaoyun, Zhang Cheng's wife stepped forward and said, "Although your eloquent tongue can't fix you now after my husband's death, your crime of contempt of the court is undeniable."

The conversation he heard before going to sleep last night flashed through Chu Xiaoyun's mind, and he said, "My lord, if my words and deeds were inappropriate yesterday, I would like to be punished by law. However, it is a crime to despise the court, and it is also a crime to yell at the court. Xiao The people hereby sue Director Pei for the crime of yelling at the court yesterday."

People in the Zhang family did not expect that Chu Xiaoyun would charge Pei Jin with the crime of yelling at the court.

"You're talking nonsense, messing around!" Zhang Cheng's wife was so angry that she almost poked Chu Xiaoyun's face with her fingers. "Boss Pei yelled at the court yesterday ,

but the county magistrate was watching." Chu Xiaoyun did not back down.

My officer, contempt of the court is a crime and should be punished; howling in the court, disregarding decency, and roaring in the court are also crimes. Both should be punished according to the law. The crimes of the two are equivalent, and ten blows of the majestic stick are carried out everywhere. The cost of Pei Jin's treatment is borne by Chu Xiao Yun is in charge. Come here, take him down, and serve him with a killing stick!"

Hearing this verdict, the people in the Zhang residence were dumbfounded. Hitting Chu Xiaoyun ten times and including his own people, this kind of loss-making business must not be done. Zhang Cheng's wife immediately pleaded for mercy and begged the county magistrate to forgive him.

The county magistrate thought for a while: "Why don't you two discuss it to see if there is any compromise."

Chu Xiaoyun said: "My lord, I violated the law, and I am willing to be punished. But I don't have money to pay, can I Two more hits paid off the compensation?"

The Zhang family almost fainted when they heard the words.

The family didn't want to be beaten, and said angrily: "The punishment is offset, and Chu Xiaoyun only needs to pay the consultation fee."

The other just wanted to be beaten and not pay: "My lord, the villain's property has been sold out, and now I have no money, so I really can't afford it." Qian, hit me. I don't want to offset the penalty with Manager Pei, each hits his own, Xiaomin is willing to punish."

The two sides were at a stalemate for a while. It was impossible for Pei Jin to be subjected to the ten sticks of death. After discussion, both parties were punished to offset the penalty, and the compensation that Chu Xiaoyun originally wanted to pay to Pei Jin was also eliminated, so it was considered a reconciliation.

Seeing the reconciliation between the two parties, the county magistrate announced his withdrawal from court.

When being escorted back to the prison by the yamen servants, he met the county magistrate who was standing there in the back garden, Chu Xiaoyun said: "Thank you, my lord, for your kindness.

" What is the county doing?"

Chu Xiaoyun clasped his fists and said, "In the future, if my lord is useful to the common people, Chu will definitely not shirk it."

The county magistrate smiled: "I thought you would say that you will die."

Chu Xiao Yun also laughed.