Chapter 41

Su Wen was walking on the streets of Hejing County holding hands by Chu Xiaoyun: "My lord, where are we going?"

"To a book printing workshop." Chu Xiaoyun said.

During lunch today, Chu Xiaoyun was dealing with the informant's body, and he hasn't had lunch yet. Passing by a steamed stuffed bun shop, I heard the enthusiastic yelling of the clerk, and I remembered that my stomach was still empty. He bought five big meat buns, and the buddy wrapped them in lotus leaves for him. Chu Xiaoyun paid the money, took the meat buns wrapped in lotus leaves, opened the lotus leaves while walking, took out a big meat bun and handed it to Su Wen, then picked one up and stuffed it into his mouth.

He was really a little hungry, and after one bite, the bun was missing half of it.

Su Wen looked at the meat bun handed in front of him, took it with both hands, and held it in his hand: "I'm not hungry."

Chu Xiaoyun put the bitten meat bun back into the lotus leaf bag, freeing up one hand to squeeze Su Wen's face: "Try it, this bun tastes good. Wenwen will grow some meat after eating it." Su Wen

didn't finish the big meat bun in the end, Chu Xiaoyun ate four meat buns, and then ate Su Wen again. The remaining half was stuffed into his mouth, and he smiled at Su Wen: "You can only work hard when you are full."

Su Wen blushed, and the husband ate his leftovers on the street.

The place where Chu Xiaoyun took Su Wen was the workshop where "Experiences from Other Lands" was printed. The two found the workshop according to the address recorded in the file, but they saw that the door of the workshop was closed and there was no sign of people inside. Chu Xiaoyun asked the people around him, and the people he questioned looked at him strangely, who was dressed in a policeman's outfit: "Isn't this workshop printing Hu Wen books that you arrested and dealt with?" Chu Xiaoyun was very surprised

. Surprised, this is not recorded in the file. Chu Xiaoyun asked: "Do you know where the owner of the workshop lives?"

The man looked at Chu Xiaoyun vigilantly and shook his head: "I don't know."

Chu Xiaoyun thought that the other party was afraid of causing trouble, so he showed his waist card and said, "There are different opinions in the arresting room, and the case has not yet been determined. I hope you can tell the truth. The arresting room investigates the case clearly. Only the owner of the shop can lift the restrictions, the workshop can continue to operate, and the guys here can continue to make a living."

The man thought about the rumored Chu Xiaoyun's attitude towards this case, and after seeing him today, he felt that what Chu Xiaoyun said did not seem to be true. False, and thinking that the Yamen will not close the case, the workshop has been unable to open, and the big guys have no way out, so they tell the truth: "I am the man of the workshop. If you want to find the owner of the workshop, I will call someone for you." The owner of the

workshop The place where he lived was probably not far from the workshop, and not long after, Chu Xiaoyun saw a clerk leading a middle-aged man with a rather businesslike bearing coming over.

When the man saw Chu Xiaoyun, he cupped his hands and said, "Hurry up, arrester Chu."

Chu Xiaoyun returned the gift, explaining the purpose of his visit: "We want to confirm the relevant information with the workshop owner, and there is something else we want to ask the workshop owner for help."

The workshop owner looked at Chu Xiaoyun for a while: "There is no end to words, let's talk inside."

Chu Xiaoyun and Su Wen followed the workshop owner into the workshop, where all kinds of printing tools stood quietly in place, useless for a long time , all fell a layer of dust. There are still some printed books on the surrounding shelves. Chu Xiaoyun walked over and looked at it all the way: "How long has the production stopped?"

He chatted with the owner of the workshop, and motioned Su Wen to look at the books and papers piled on the shelf.

The owner of the shop said: "Since the first time Catcher Yang brought people to the small workshop, we have been asked to close the door to cooperate with the investigation. But except for the day of the investigation, no one came to ask after that. We also went to the Yamen to ask many times, and every time we asked Let's come back and wait. It's been half a month, and we can't deliver the goods ordered by customers, and we have to lose money; in this state, no customer dares to place an order for us; printing is technical work, and the guys in the workshop can't I have to pay the monthly fee, the small workshop really can't bear it. I don't know if the Chu policeman is here today, is there any news?"

After Fangzhu finished speaking, he looked at Chu Xiaoyun expectantly.

"There is no new news for the time being, but if the case is solved, your workshop will be able to operate normally." Chu Xiaoyun said.

The light in Fangzhu's eyes suddenly dimmed, and disappointment surged up.

Chu Xiaoyun took out "Experiences from Other Lands" and handed it to the workshop owner: "

Is this book produced by your workshop ?" It's just to introduce the relevant situation of Huren and Hudi, and I don't mean to be disrespectful to me."

Chu Xiaoyun nodded, and then took out "Prairie Eagle" to read to the workshop owner: "Have you ever seen this book?"

The shop owner shook his head: "I said the day Catcher Yang came that this book was not printed by this workshop, and we have never seen this book before."

Chu Xiaoyun picked up a few unprinted sheets from the shelf. paper: "How many workshops do you supply the paper for printing books in your workshop?" The

owner said: "My brother-in-law is a paper maker, and all the paper we need for printing in our workshop comes from him." "

Only one family ?"

"Only this one."

This way things are much simpler. Chu Xiaoyun asked: "Do you know what raw material the paper you use to print the book is made of?" The

workshop owner was a little surprised when he heard this, and didn't understand why Chu Xiaoyun asked such a question, but he still answered: "It's made of bamboo pulp. "

"Then do you know what material the paper of this book is made of?" Chu Xiaoyun handed "Prairie Eagle" to the workshop owner.

The owner of the shop laughed awkwardly and said: "If you ask me about graphite, I can still answer one or two things. I really don't know about the paper. I know what material our books are made of, because my wife and brother are relatives, and often Walking around, you will see the paper-making process in his workshop, and occasionally exchange some business matters."

Chu Xiaoyun expressed understanding: "Then your wife and brother may see what raw material this paper is made of?" The

workshop owner did not expect Chu Xiaoyun actually asked some strange questions when he came this time, but in order for his workshop to start working as soon as possible, he still answered truthfully: "This idiot doesn't know." Chu Xiaoyun nodded and said

to Su Wen: "Wenwen, is there any Found it?"

Su Wen put down the book in his hand: "The books and paper here are the same as the paper in "Experiences from Other Lands", they are all the same kind of bamboo pulp paper. No second kind of paper has been found." The owner of the printing workshop looked at it in disbelief

. Su Wen, he just took a formal look at Su Wen. This thin Shuang'er actually has the ability to distinguish between paper? No wonder Chu Xiaoyun brought him here.

Chu Xiaoyun asked again: "Does the owner know about the production of paper in Hejing County?" The

owner shook his head: "I only know that the paper workshops in this county mostly use bamboo pulp, because there are large bamboo forests in this county for the production of paper. Production. I don't know much about others."

Since the owner of the printing workshop doesn't know, he can only look for his paper-making wife and brother. Chu Xiaoyun said: "Please introduce your brother-in-law. Chu needs to understand some issues about paper.

"

Chu Xiaoyun said in relief: "I have something to ask him for advice, so don't worry." The

owner of the workshop felt a little relieved, and took Chu Xiaoyun and the two to his wife's brother's paper-making workshop. Chu Xiaoyun saw a large number of felled green bamboos and bamboo pulp beaten into liquid in the yard of the papermaking workshop.

The owner of the workshop explained his purpose to his brother-in-law. Chu Xiaoyun said: "Do you know the situation of papermaking in Hejing County? How many papermaking workshops are there? Where do all the materials come from?"

Although the master's wife and brother knew what Chu Xiaoyun came for, they were still a little uneasy: " There are no more than seven or eight papermaking workshops in the county, and most of them use bamboo to make paper. There are several bamboo mountains in our county, which are covered with green bamboos, which are enough for our papermaking." "Are all the

bamboo pulp paper the same? "Chu Xiaoyun asked.

"Bamboo is different, so the paper must be slightly different." The owner's wife and brother said.

"What kind of paper does the workshop outside the list use?" Chu Xiaoyun asked again.

"Use straw. We also grow rice in our county, and the straw after threshing millet can also be used to make paper. Although our county has enough bamboo, everyone basically uses bamboo to make paper. Our county is also a well-known high-quality paper-making county. But the cost of bamboo is definitely still high. The price is relatively high, and the price is there. The paper made of straw will be much cheaper, and it is generally used in schools to practice calligraphy. It is also very popular." "Prairie Eagle" is printed on hemp paper,

and Hejing County The paper made inside does not match. It seems that the scope of the investigation still extends to the county, which is troublesome.

Chu Xiaoyun took out the "Prairie Eagle" in his arms and handed it to the owner's wife and brother, "Can you tell what kind of paper this book is printed on?" The owner's wife and brother took the

book, held it in their hands, and repeatedly View: "Not sure, but based on my years of paper making experience, this is definitely not bamboo pulp paper. The paper quality of this book is relatively inferior to our bamboo pulp paper, it looks like hemp paper. Our paper is much better than this "

Chu Xiaoyun had almost communicated with the wife and younger brother of the owner of the printing workshop, and Su Wen turned around and said, "Husband, the paper here is the same as that used in "Experience in Foreign Lands." Hearing Su Wen's words, the owner's

wife Like his brother-in-law back then, my younger brother looked at Su Wen in surprise.

Fangzhu's wife and younger brother have the same views as Su Wen. It seems that Wenwen from his family is indeed very talented in this area, which is really remarkable. Chu Xiaoyun asked again: "Do you know where there is a paper-making workshop for hemp paper?" The

owner's wife and brother turned their eyes back from Su Wen: "Yunling County next door has a lot of flax and jute, and most of their counties are Made of hemp paper."

"Maybe you are sure?" Chu Xiaoyun asked. Although the matter went out of the county, it didn't seem to be too far away, and this could be regarded as a new clue.

"They're all in the same industry, and there's some communication, that's for sure," said the brother-in-law. Chu Xiaoyun took back "Prairie Eagle" and said

to the two: "Thank you for your help today, I believe the truth of the case will be revealed as soon as possible."

All the men pointed to this place to open their lives. Can you please ask the arrester Chu to give me a message for the yamen to let us open the door first. We will definitely cooperate with the arrester to investigate anything." Chu Xiaoyun said

this No, he didn't dare to make any guarantees. But from this point of view, the family of the owner of the printing workshop has indeed suffered an indiscriminate disaster. Chu Xiaoyun said: "After I go back, I will try my best to explain whether it is effective or not. I cannot guarantee it."

The owner of the printing workshop thanked him repeatedly.

Coming out of the papermaking workshop, Su Wen asked puzzledly: "Husband, what's the use of this? Is what I did today useless?" Chu Xiaoyun said: "

Wenwen, what you did is very useful. Help me The details are confirmed. Without you, I would never have thought of looking for clues from the paper raw materials. Now this kind of paper is not made in the county. Since the next county makes this kind of paper, I will ask the magistrate to make a tolerance when I go back." "Then

you How long will it take to come back?" When Su Wen heard that he was going to stay behind again, his heart was empty.

"I'm not too clear about this, it depends on the progress of the case. Wenwen will go with me and help me identify the paper." Chu Xiaoyun said, "I will explain to the magistrate, and the lord should agree. Su Wen

listened Saying that I can travel together, the whole person is flexible.