Chapter 131 The Merchant Case (1)

After Su Wen finished confinement, almost all the chickens and ducks raised at home were taken care of. When the spring was warmer, Aunt Wang came over and asked, "Chu Wazi, do you want to raise some chickens and ducks? Now that the weather is warmer, if you want to raise them, I will go to the market and bring them back for you." Chu Xiaoyun did not hesitate

. Refused: "Auntie, I don't want to raise it now. I am busy working in the yamen all day long, and Su Wen has to take care of the children, so I don't have time at all. In addition to the yamen, there is basically no one at home during the day." Aunt Wang enthusiastically said:

" You buy it back, and I will feed it to you."

Chu Xiaoyun is afraid of this, because the chickens and ducklings they bought last year, because they were hunted down and killed, they were all turned into pawns and kings within a few days. Madam's burden. At that time, he was not willing to sell it, because he thought that Su Wen had a need. Now that it's settled, there is no need to cause trouble. In the future, Su Wen will go to the market to buy some ready-made ones if he needs to replenish his body.

Chu Xiaoyun resolutely said no, and finally Aunt Wang said: "Then I will raise a few. Later, Su Wazi wants to eat, so come and get it." After Aunt Wang left,

Su Wen cleaned up the stinky little guy who had just pulled After that, he carried the child to Chu Xiaoyun's side: "Husband, the child is full moon, we can't always call him baby, you can name the child."

Chu Xiaoyun just remembered this. For the past month, he has devoted all his attention to Su Wen's physical recovery. The child is often taken care of by Mrs. Wang, so he really hasn't been distracted by this matter. Now that Su Wen mentioned it, he only remembered it.

Chu Xiaoyun took the child from Su Wen's hand, looked at his son with wide eyes, and the corners of his mouth parted unnaturally. The child probably sensed his father's good mood, so he grinned and made a small sound.

The inheritance of blood is so magical. Chu Xiaoyun couldn't help kissing the child, like all fathers, he likes to use his stubble chin to pierce the child's tender face. The father's stubble chin is really a good toy to amuse the child, which makes the child giggle.

Seeing that the child was laughing too hard, Su Wen hurriedly snatched the child away, and said angrily, "I told you to name the child, but you only care about piercing his face. Look, this face is red because of you." Chu

Xiao Yun Hehe smirked: "I'm thinking about it. Hey, it's really hard for me to choose a name. Why don't my little husbands come up with it." Su Wen shook his head, pursed his lips and said with a smile: "It's all named by my father

. , you think about it quickly. I'll give him the words."

"That's fine too." When it came to this point, of course Chu Xiaoyun had to think about it.

Thinking of naming, he inevitably thought of his son's inability to take the imperial examination. This matter is still a bit shocking to say, even if I want to give my son a name that implies studying hard and making progress every day, it will be useless to be named on the gold list in the future.

Maybe the more you can't get it, the more you think about it. Chu Xiaoyun thought for a while and said to Su Wen: "Shu Yu, how about Shu Yu?"

Even if the child can't take the imperial examination, he must train him to be a literate and reasonable person. You can't just be a martial artist with only martial arts.

Hearing Chu Xiaoyun's question, Su Wen said with a slight smile, "Of course. My husband's name is very meaningful." "

Then what word did you give our little book?" Chu Xiaoyun asked with a smile.

"Since my husband named Yu'er Shuyu, then I will give him the word 'An Ning'. The word An Ning, husband, do you think it is okay?" Su Wen asked. He knew Chu Xiaoyun's grievances about his son's inability to take the imperial examination, and wanted to make up for it in this name; but as the person who gave birth to the child, he only hoped for his son's safety. Moreover, to stop fighting and become military is for peace. Husband should be a headhunter to protect the safety of the common people, and it is the most proud and proud thing for him to be fair to the Lord.

Hearing this, Chu Xiaoyun hugged the person next to him tightly: "Okay, of course. I think Wenwen's words are more meaningful than mine. No matter what identity we can give him, a person ultimately depends on himself. I hope Baby can live up to your and my expectations and be a person capable of both literature and martial arts."

The family stood under the warm sun in early spring, but their smiles were like spring flowers in March.

Chu Xiaoyun's rest period is over, and it's time to return to Yayingmao. The murderer who assassinated Chu Xiaoyun has never been brought to justice. Naturally, it is impossible for Chu Xiaoyun to leave Su Wen and his son at home alone. Ri Suwen took the child to the county government to take care of him.

Now that Su Wen has to take care of the children, he doesn't have much time to help Chu Xiaoyun sort out the documents. Chu Xiaoyun asked Su Wen to resign, not to take the yamen's monthly salary for nothing. But he has never found a suitable candidate, and he only distributes general official documents to the police on duty in the Yamen for processing, and he has to work overtime to process important documents.

Ever since Chu Xiaoyun entered the government office, Xiao Shuyu has been growing up slowly with his parents on the carriage back and forth between the county government office and his home in a small courtyard in the countryside every day in the carriage bought by his father.

Spring is coming and summer is coming, and it is midsummer in May. Not only can Xiao Shuyu be hugged upright, but he can also look up at his parents on his stomach, smiling so much that his mouth is watering.

In the morning, when the police officers were warming up and practicing in the martial arts field, Su Wen often watched from the side with his book in his arms. After a few months, the little guy had already made this a habit. One day, if Su Wen went late, he would cry in his swaddling clothes on the bed. Once Su Wen carried him to the martial arts training ground and heard the sound of the police officers practicing, he immediately became quiet. Knowing this situation, Chu Xiaoyun laughed straight away: "As expected of your father's seed."

Hearing that Su Wen wanted to hit someone.

The days went by in a leisurely way, and Chu Xiaoyun returned to the arresting room after the time of release from the Yamen. Seeing someone coming back, Su Wen picked up the little book and talked to the child: "Yu'er, Daddy is back. Hurry up and ask Daddy if we can go home today." Chu Xiaoyun scratched the tip of

his son's little nose: "Of course today I can go back."

Then he went to get the luggage that Su Wen had packed. With kids, there is a whole bunch of stuff that is brought in and out every day.

When Chu Xiaoyun touched the child, Su Wen pretended to be angry and patted his hand: "How many times have I told you, wash your hands before touching our Yu'er." Chu Xiaoyun was so frightened that he quickly wiped his hands on the hem of his

clothes : "I washed it when I came back today."

Su Wen couldn't laugh or cry when he saw what this man did. What's the difference between rubbing it on clothes and not rubbing it.

"You and Yu'er are waiting here, I'll drive the carriage over." Chu Xiaoyun put the luggage on the steps of the small courtyard, and said as usual.

When the carriage arrived, Chu Xiaoyun unscrewed the luggage on the steps and put it on the carriage, carried Su Wen and his son into the carriage, and finally locked the door.

Su Wen got into the carriage with the little book in his arms, and stuffed a rattle into the child's hand. Seeing that his son was having fun, he chatted with Chu Xiaoyun: "Are you still busy with the case in Hedong Village today?" Yesterday, when Fangya was

approaching, a villager from Hedong Village came to report to the officials, saying that someone had been killed over there. Very bloody. After Chu Xiaoyun left, he was busy until midnight before returning. That night, Su Wen took the child and stayed in the temporary residence provided by the county government all night, and the luggage packed in front of the government office was unpacked one by one.

Since following Chu Xiaoyun, such days have become commonplace, but Su Wen still packs up his luggage every day when the office is approaching, in case Chu Xiaoyun can leave when he comes back. If he can't go back that night, he will take out the luggage one by one for backup.

"That's right, two lives, if you don't say it, it's gone." Chu Xiaoyun sighed. No matter whether you were a policeman in your previous life or a policeman in this life, there is one thing that is not good about this profession. You will always see too many deaths.

"It's so serious, isn't that very complicated?" Hearing that two lives were lost at once, Rao often followed Chu Xiaoyun to hear about various murder cases, but when two lives were lost at once, he felt that things were very complicated.

Chu Xiaoyun said: "The case itself is not complicated at all. It's just people from two villages fighting over the water source. Last night, the investigation found out the reason, and today the main purpose is to arrest people." "Ah?"

Su Wen was quite puzzled.

"Catch those who participated in the fighting. Some even ran away, and the Yamen has issued a notice to arrest the fugitives." Chu Xiaoyun said with a sigh, "This is June, and it is at the peak of rice growth. The need is severe. This year's drought, I'm afraid there will be many such incidents in the future. There have been several cases of group fights for water sources in the past two days, but this time there were fatalities." "Then what should I do

? Think of a way? In such a hot day, the water in the field dries up very quickly, if there is no water to continue, the year's harvest will be gone." Su Wen said worriedly.

Chu Xiaoyun let out a long sigh: "The previous case did not attract enough attention from the Water Conservancy Department, but the case in Hedong Village last night was a wake-up call to me, and I reported it to the adults overnight. I heard that the officials in charge of water conservancy have been ordered today I went to solve this problem. I heard from the officials of the Water Conservancy Department that there has been no drought in Hejing County for more than ten years. The geographical location here is relatively good, and occasionally there will be a little excessive rainfall, but the flood drainage is relatively smooth, and it is a bit small. The impact of the flood is not too big, and generally speaking, the weather is good, so everyone didn't pay much attention to the prevention of drought. This year's severe drought, everyone remembered that the successive torrential rains in autumn last year might be an omen." The two said

. Putting himself into it, Su Wen didn't notice that the rattle in Xiao Shuyu's hand was removed. The rattle bounced in the wagon box and rolled off the wagon.

Su Wen didn't see it until he heard the sound, and hurriedly shouted: "Husband, stop the car, Yu'er's rattle fell off." "

Woo—" Chu Xiaoyun yelled, and stopped the carriage, "Where are you?"

Su Wen looked around, but there was no road: "Maybe he jumped into the field by the side of the road."

Chu Xiaoyun jumped off the carriage and said, "You sit still, I'll pick it up."

Su Wen saw that the place where the carriage stopped happened to be a tea shop that often had roadside stalls here, so he said to Chu Xiaoyun: "Help me down, I'll go buy some sauced beef. His sauced beef is pretty good , It's too late today, we bought the sauced beef and let's cook less when we go back." "

That's okay." Chu Xiaoyun helped Su Wen off the carriage and went to look for the rattle that fell.

Su Wen said to the owner of the tea shop: "Boss, bring half a catty of beef with sauce."

The shop owner responded to Su Wen and started to work.

Su Wen explained the needs to the shopkeeper, followed Chu Xiaoyun picking up the rattle, saw the cracked rice fields beside the road, and looked at the half of the sky that was reddened by the sunset in the distance: "There is a well in our yard, now The amount of water is okay, but I don't feel anything. I didn't expect the rice field to be so dry, I hope it will rain soon."

Chu Xiaoyun picked up the rattle drum that the book had dropped from the field, and the drum surface was stained with mud and water stars. nor. He looked at the rice fields showing signs of cracking, and frowned deeply: "If the drought continues like this, not only will there be a big problem with the harvest this year, but it may even cause intrusion by the barbarians in the north." Su Wen was puzzled:

" Why are we Dahanhu people coming to invade?"

Chu Xiaoyun said: "It's not that we Dahanhu people are coming to harass, but our severe drought, the Hu people are located next to the grassland, they must be more drought than us There is no water and grass in the grassland, so they can't graze, and a large number of livestock must die. They have difficulty in surviving, but they are not like our Dacheng, trying to save themselves from disasters, but thinking about looting. I hope the court can be so vigilant and do it well soon Planning to prepare for war."

The two tea drinkers in the tea shop heard their conversation, turned their heads, looked at the young couple, and one of the tea customers said: "I can't think of a head arrester from the county government here. Can still have this point of view."

Another tea guest looked at Chu Xiaoyun, as if wanting to confirm his identity: "Are you the head catcher in Hejing County?"

Chu Xiaoyun picked up Shuyu's rattle and walked over, and said to the tea guest who was asking: "That's right, this friend has won the award."

Then he looked at the other party: "Aren't you two locals?"

The tea guest laughed Smile: "How can you tell?"

"Firstly, the accent is not the same; secondly, if you are from this county, you will not say Hejing County, but Daoben County." Chu Xiaoyun looked directly at the other party.

The two tea guests looked at each other and smiled: "The catcher's words are reasonable. I don't know the catcher's name?" "

Mian's surname is Chu." Chu Xiaoyun said, "I don't know why you two are here?"

"Chu catcher is indeed a catcher." I'm starting to perform my duties now." One of the tea guests teased, "The two of us were traveling in the rivers and lakes, and today we passed by the treasure land, and we were thirsty, so we stopped here. Do you want to check with Chu Butou?" Chu Xiaoyun

looked Looking at the two people who looked indifferent, just sitting there showing a whole body of dignity, smiled: "That's not necessary, I just asked casually."

He took out a handkerchief from his arms and said to the shopkeeper: " Shopkeeper, come here for a bowl of warm water."

"Hey, come here." The shopkeeper said, leaving the sauced beef mixed with sauce in the bowl, and when the bowl arrived, he handed the bowl of warm boiled water to Chu Xiaoyun, "Chu Tutou, would you like water."

Chu Xiaoyun took the bowl but didn't drink it, got some on his towel, fed the rest of the water to his son, and fed the rest to Su Wen.

After Su Wen finished drinking, he remembered that there were tea shoppers and shopkeepers beside him, and his ears turned red.

Chu Xiaoyun didn't notice so much, he put the empty bowl on the table, and was wiping Shuyu's rattle with his wet towel. After carefully wiping the whole rattle, he handed it to his son: "Boy, take it, don't lose it again."

Only then did he see Su Wen's burning face.

Seeing Su Wen's shy look, he turned his eyes around the tea shed. In this tea shed, there are only two tea drinkers besides the shop owner who is working hard. However, although the two tea guests were dressed in green clothes, their gestures and gestures were quite dignified, and in addition to the previous conversation with him, they did not seem to be superficial people. Then he remembered that he was feeding Su Wen water just now, and he was afraid that it might have attracted the other party's attention, so he felt relieved.

The two tea drinkers in the tea shop were watching with great interest as their husband and wife were still talking about each other in a place where there were outsiders. When they saw Chu Xiaoyun's gaze followed him, they moved away and fake coughed twice. cover up.

"Thirty-five cash in total. Thirty-two cash for the sauced beef, and three cash for Wen Bai." The store wrapped the mixed sauced beef in lotus leaves, tied it with hemp rope, and handed it to Chu Xiaoyun, " Catcher Chu, the sauced beef that your husband wants."

Seeing that Su Wen was holding the child, the shopkeeper handed the sauced beef to Chu Xiaoyun very discerningly. Chu Xiaoyun took the sauced beef, paid for the sauced beef and water, took the child from Su Wen's arms, nodded to the two tea guests, and took Su Wen away.

It was a drought day, and a bowl of boiled water cost three pennies.

When he got home that day, Chu Xiaoyun put the rice into the pot and went to the yard to pull vegetables. Su Wen bought the sauced beef. Apart from making an egg soup to nourish Su Wen's body, he only needed to stir-fry a vegetable. When Chu Xiaoyun went out to work, Su Wen sat in front of the stove and refueled the stove, while rocking the small cradle beside him. Xiao Shuyu took the rattle and shook it back and forth, babbling and having fun.

On the second day when he went to the Yamen, Chu Xiaoyun arranged the affairs of the day and confirmed that except for the two participants of the weapon fighting who were at large, everyone else had been brought to justice. The arrest notice of the Yamen was posted, and there was no need to go out to arrest him unless there were specific clues. There was nothing urgent at hand at the moment, and it was rare that he could rest in the arresting room.

I went around the arresting room and saw that everyone was doing their jobs, and there was nothing to worry about. Decided to use this spare time to go to the backyard to see Su Wen and his son.

He made a pot of tea, took the little one from Su Wen's hands, put him in the cradle, and handed Su Wen a cup: "In the past, Wen Wen made tea for my husband, now I have some free time, let's try my husband's craft. Su

Wen pursed his lips and smiled, took the teacup and took a sip.

Chu Xiaoyun also laughed. He picked up the cup and drank the tea he made himself. The tea lingered between his lips and teeth, and before he could swallow it, a catcher hurried over: "Catcher, someone came to the county government to report to the county government, saying that his father was out to do business and should have returned home three days ago, but he hasn't come home yet." Come back."

Chu Xiaoyun almost choked on the tea in his mouth.

The author has something to say: Everyone has been waiting for a long time, enjoy eating.