Chapter 37

When Chu Xiaoyun returned to the arresting room, Agent A had already brought the reporter's family. The person who reported the crime was not yet married, and it was his wife who came. The old woman was dressed in shabby clothes, and she looked like a family with relatively difficult conditions. Chu Xiaoyun couldn't help frowning when he saw it. He thought for a while, and beckoned to catcher B, whispered: "Go to the warehouse and find two seized books from Zhihe Bookstore. Then go and ask the people in the second team, what are the prices of these two books."

Policeman B didn't understand what Chu Xiaoyun wanted to do, but the team leader said, this case will be left to Chu Xiaoyun's toss, whatever he wants to do, just cooperate with him.

Chu Xiaoyun made a cup of tea for the reporter's wife, sat down on the stool next to her and said, "Old man, don't be nervous, I just asked you to confirm a few things, and it will help us find your son.

" The woman held her teacup and nodded tremblingly.

"What does your son usually do for a living? Who does he usually hang out with?" Chu Xiaoyun didn't even ask about the figure and height of the informant he cared about most.

"Um, this..." The old woman held the teacup, hmm, hmm, and couldn't explain why.

"Old man, don't be nervous, just tell the truth." Chu Xiaoyun comforted.

"He just...helps others, sometimes runs a small business, helps people build bridges and so on..." The old woman said uneasily.

As soon as Chu Xiaoyun heard it, he understood that the reporter's job was the same as the original owner's. Such a person has problems with food and clothing, how can he have the spare money and leisure to read any books, maybe he can't read two words. Then contact the old lady's clothes, and everything will match.

"Is your son literate?" Chu Xiaoyun asked again.

"After going to a private school for three months, he doesn't like to study, and his family is not well-off, so he didn't study. He can read a few words, I don't know very well." The old woman said.

Chu Xiaoyun felt that his guess was correct.

This information may seem insignificant, but it is very important. However, none of this information was in the files of the second team.

"What does your son look like? I'm talking about his height." Chu Xiaoyun compared himself, "Is it as tall as me?" The

old woman looked at Chu Xiaoyun and shook her head: "Your son is mediocre, how can he be so tall?" You are so mighty."

He pointed to the policeman B who hurried in through the door and said, "It's about the same height as him, but a little thinner than him."

Chu Xiaoyun looked at the policeman B, and that guy Almost a head shorter than myself. If the blood is from the informant, unless the murderer stabbed him in the head. If it had been stabbed in the head, there wouldn't be such a bloodstain. Moreover, murderers have only heard of beheading and chest stabbing, but never of stabbing people's heads. Chu Xiaoyun could almost conclude that the blood on the carriage was definitely not from the informant.

The most important thing now is to find the informant. Live to see people, die to see corpses.

"Your son is missing, who reported it to the yamen?" Chu Xiaoyun asked again.

"It's me." The old woman replied without thinking.

"How do you know he's missing? It stands to reason that your son's job is to stay away from home often, right?" Whoever reported the case is recorded in the case file, but people like the reporter are not at home for a few days. Commonly, how did he know that he was missing? According to the records, it didn't take long. And from disappearance to death, it turned out to be just a little blood on the carriage, which is really unimaginable.

"It was the brother who usually walked with him who came to my house and told me. He said he hadn't seen the child for several days, and then asked if something happened, and asked me to come to the Yamen to report the case."

"Do you know the name of that person? If you know, please let me know." Chu Xiaoyun asked.

The reporter's mother shook her head: "Xiao Er has so many contacts, I can't recognize them all. Anyway, he told me this information." Chu Xiaoyun finally understood that the

person who sent the letter might be the one who knew the whereabouts of the reporter. , who might even be the murderer. Find this person and everything will be solved. But at present, this person has no clue at all. But it doesn't matter, what has been done will always leave traces, Chu Xiaoyun believes that he will find out the real culprit behind this scene sooner or later.

He comforted the reporter's old lady with a few words, and asked policeman A to send the reporter's old lady out of the government office.

Chu Xiaoyun sorted out the information he had collected, summarized it in the case file, and reported to the county magistrate, requesting to communicate with the second team face to face. The county magistrate felt that such a direct conversation was more effective, so he ordered the captain of the second team and the head catcher Yang Yuan to drive back to the study room of the Taoist government office behind the Yamen for questioning.

At noon, after everyone returned to the yamen, except for Chu Xiaoyun, the captain of the second team, the head catcher Yang Yuankai, and the captain of the first team not mentioned before all gathered in the county magistrate's study. Chu Xiaoyun first stated his findings and opinions.

Explain that the position of the bloodstain on the carriage does not match the body of the informant; it is unreasonable to conclude that the informant is dead now that he is nowhere to be seen, nor is there a corpse; It is untenable that the reporter was killed by a coachman; the person who told the reporter's mother that the reporter was missing and suggested that she come to the Yamen to report the case was the key person in the murder case, but was ignored. In addition, the reporter was a street gangster who could not read two big characters and was from a poor family. How could such a person have spare money to buy those obscure books?

Regarding Chu Xiaoyun's statement, the captain of the second team saw that Chu Xiaoyun overturned his own investigation conclusion, of course he was not convinced, and argued with him, but to no avail. In the end, Yang Yuankai went to the battle himself.

"As for the location of the blood stain, it is also possible that the place where the blood stain was stained was not the location of the wound; Zhihe Bookstore was involved in selling illegal books, and the person who reported the case disappeared soon, and blood was found on the carriage closely related to Zhihe Bookstore. It may be just a coincidence; it is not inappropriate to conclude that the person who reported the crime died; as for the person who passed on the information to the old lady, he may have good intentions. Didn't the old lady also say that it was a friend of his son's, too many friends, It's normal to not remember clearly."

"My lord, this subordinate still feels that one needs to see a person in life, and one needs to see a corpse in death. Without seeing a corpse, everything is just conjecture. Judging a case is all about evidence, not conjecture! Convict people based on conjecture. , it is even more inconsistent with the law." Chu Xiaoyunxiang stated the county magistrate.

"Oh——" Catcher Yang sneered, "It's not just the evidence you said that the driver in the case was identified as the murderer. You must know that the driver borrowed a large sum of money from the shopkeeper of Zhihe Bookstore. Twenty taels of silver If the coachman didn't do anything special for his owner, why would he lend him so much money? Don't tell me he's nice and kind. Aren't these all speculations?! If people don't If the coachman killed him, then he is very likely to be a top-notch person. Such a key person in the case will never be released." Chu Xiaoyundao did not grasp the information that the coachman owed money to the shopkeeper of the bookstore

. Said: "My lord, although this information has not been grasped by the subordinates, even if it is true, it is only circumstantial evidence. It cannot prove that the driver is the murderer." "You—" Yang Yuankai pointed at Chu Xiaoyun, thinking about the county

. Ling was still on the sidelines, and immediately restrained his anger, "Why are you deliberately making things difficult for me and making things difficult for me? Is it because of the last case that I arrested you? But I also acted according to the law." Chu Xiaoyun did not show weakness: "Yang

Butou , you think too much. Let's discuss the matter as it stands, please don't drag it too far."

Seeing this scene, the county magistrate said, "Xiao Chu is right. You need to see people when you are born, and you need to see corpses when you die. Find it. Until the body is found, no further punishments will be imposed on the suspect."

The county magistrate spoke up, although Yang Yuankai was indignant, but there was nothing he could do. Chu Xiaoyun breathed a sigh of relief, even if he couldn't help the coachman clean up his grievances, at least he could keep him from being tortured.

After everyone dispersed and returned to the arresting room, Chu Xiaoyun was scolded by the captain of the team.

"Do you think the county magistrate can cover you all the time? Can cover you for the rest of your life? Don't forget, Butou Yang is our immediate boss! From now on, in official business, you can be charged with anything, and at least you will be thrown away. A job is more serious than imprisonment. Do you think the county magistrate will surrender himself to protect you? Not to mention the county magistrate and his officials, who are replaced every few years, but Yang Butou, he will stay in the office all his life. This place. In a few years, the county magistrate will be changed. Let me see what you will do." "

Let's not talk about this. We and the first team are all living in the same arresting room, and we don't see each other when we look up. It's good for you, no. It's nothing more than maintenance, and you still go to smash other people's places. After everyone's attitude towards you has improved, do you want to isolate yourself again?" Chu Xiaoyun patiently listened to the

captain's lesson, and still said in a light tone: I have a clear conscience."

"You—" A group of captains felt that they were going to have a heart attack.

At lunch this day, Chu Xiaoyun returned to the state of eating alone. But it also gave him a quiet environment to think about what to do next. First of all, he had to go to the driver's family to find out about the twenty taels of silver. Then we need to start with the reporter's social relationship. First, we need to find out the person who asked the reporter's wife to report that the reporter is missing;

This time, Chu Xiaoyun asked the two helpers sent by the captain to investigate the mysterious person who asked the reporter's wife to report the crime. I went to visit the family of the coachman by myself.

The family of the coachman admitted that they did owe a sum of money to the shopkeeper of the bookstore, but they borrowed it a long time ago. Because the child was seriously ill and the old man passed away, it was necessary to buy a coffin in the cemetery for the funeral. But they have already made money through the driver driving the car, and they have paid back part of it.

Chu Xiaoyun saw the child of the coachman's family, a thirteen or fourteen-year-old boy, who looked very sick now, presumably he had been seriously ill once. His father was wrongly imprisoned, and he is still studying hard.

Chu Xiaoyun walked over to take a look, and saw that the young man's books were densely packed with annotations.

"It's hard work." Chu Xiaoyun praised.

The young man pursed his lips and said, "I want to get fame and save my father."

Chu Xiaoyun nodded, "I have ambition."

The child's ambition is good, but whether or not he will be successful in the exam is an open question. Even if you can pass the exam, the day lily will be cold when you come to save your father after you pass the exam.

Chu Xiaoyun recorded what he learned at the coachman's house, and told the coachman's family that they must contact him in time if they think of any new clues.

Chu Xiaoyun bid farewell to the coachman's wife, and left with his saber in hand. Walking on the street, many people have already greeted him, and some people have given him things. Thinking about it, the knife was not in vain last time. Most of the people are still kind, if you do good deeds, they will remember you.

Chu Xiaoyun declined everyone's kindness. A man selling sesame seed cakes stopped Chu Xiaoyun, and the man said to Chu Xiaoyun, "Ran Gui is an honest man, he must have been wronged." Chu Xiaoyun did not expect that

someone would take the initiative to provide him with information about the people involved in the case, so Listen carefully, and occasionally ask two questions when you don't understand.

"You know him well?" Chu Xiaoyun asked.

"He and I are neighbors. He, don't look at him as a man, but he is a person who dare not kill a chicken. It is rare for their family to eat chicken, and they all ask me to kill chickens. If you say such a person, how dare he Murder? Now the men in the arresting room don't think about solving the case and maintaining the law and order of the county all day long, they only think about making money, and if they can't catch the murderer, they just catch people and make money." After the man finished speaking, he remembered Chu Xiaoyun's current situation. He is also the "bad guy" in his mouth, and his complaints may be repeated. Hurriedly rounding back, "Well, catcher Chu, I'm just being quick-mouthed for a while, just talking casually, don't take it to heart."

Chu Xiangyun said that the coachman didn't kill chickens, which didn't prove that he wasn't the murderer. But from another point of view, the coachman has a good reputation among those who know him. From an emotional point of view, Chu Xiaoyun is more willing to trust him.

The two arresters A and B came back quickly, but as Chu Xiaoyun expected, they did not bring any useful news back. The case was at an impasse for a while.

The coachman was at an impasse and couldn't move forward. Chu Xiaoyun thought of another aspect, which was the case itself, the bookstore Hu Wen's case. This case is the root of this case, and the so-called coachman murder case is just an extension of it. Regarding the two books that were confiscated, how did the person in the bookstore insist that the book that they did not sell got to the bookstore? Who is lying? Is the reporter planting the frame or the shopkeeper of the bookstore lying?

Chu Xiaoyun took the two books extracted from the warehouse in his hands. Maybe we have to start with these two books in the end.