Chapter 171

When Master Yu asked out Shangfang's sword, everyone in the room knelt down to welcome the emperor's order. After Wei Jinghan finished speaking, everyone got up, and Mr. Gu made a lot of determination before continuing to speak: "The imposter said, 'Your Majesty is playing a game with King Yan, because my Gu family didn't clearly express their position at the beginning of the battle between the emperor and King Yan. If the Gu family is rich, if the war starts again, what they want is money. The Gu family can't help but become the object of the imperial power and the royal power.'" "

'It just so happened that the Gu family was involved in the case, and the Gu family changed from an object of competition to a game The king of Yan wants to swallow my Gu family property to strengthen his own strength, the emperor wants to anger my Gu family for being unclear, and the game with the king of Yan is not clear, so the child is now in the end. As long as the king of Yan does not fall, even if the father

It's useless to dissipate all the family's wealth and sue the imperial court." When Gu Yuanwai was talking, Chu Xiaoyun remembered that in the letter written by Qian Wu in the case of wrongful eating, he bluntly stated that He Yuqi, the prefect of Gyeongju, was suspected of malfeasance in the seventeen-year-old wrongful eating case . I also asked Mr. Wei about He Yuqi. Wei Jinghan's reply at that time was that He Yuqi was a second-rank official of the imperial court and a high official in the frontier. He had no right to be held accountable, but he had already reported the case to the imperial court. But today Mr. Wei clearly has the Imperial Sword in his hand, not to mention a second-rank official of the imperial court, even a relative of the emperor, he can cut it first and then play it. Why didn't Master Wei hold He Yuqi accountable?

When Chu Xiaoyun was puzzled, Wei Jinghan frowned deeply when he heard Gu Yuanwai's words: "Did the member write a letter?"

Then Chu Xiaoyun pulled back his thoughts, and listened carefully to what Gu Yuanwai said while being shocked.

"I can't help but believe it. I think my Gu family can be considered a wealthy party. I donate money to build roads, do a lot of good things for the court, and have a lot of friendship with the government. How dare this little Hejing county government do that?" What about killing my son in a lawless manner? It must have been ordered by their superiors. Although my Gu family has a lot of money, is it the land of the king in the whole world, and the land of the land? Is it the king's minister? If it is your Majesty and King Yan What can we do if my son dies?"

After Gu Yuanwai finished speaking, he was shocked to realize that the person in front of him was the head official of "a small Hejing county government", and hurriedly explained: "Gu, Gu is just the former county magistrate who talked about cholera laws and regulations, absolutely not right Master Wei is disrespectful."

Wei Jinghan smiled slightly: "Jinghan understands, Mr. Gu doesn't need to worry too much."

Then he said: "So you just gave up?"

His tone was still skeptical.

Gu Yuanwai said: "I am a direct descendant of the Gu family. When it comes to Yun'er's generation, it is a single pass. Not to mention that he is my heart, but if he dies, I, Gu Jianuo, and the family business, I don't know who will fall into the hands of the Gu family. Naturally, I would not be willing to let it go."

"But later Yun'er found someone to send a message back, saying that he has another love and has a son, so let my wife and I not worry about the successor. And said , the game between the emperor and the king of Yan is still pending, as long as the king of Yan is not fully in power, he will not die, but he will suffer a little in prison. He suffers alone, but he can protect my family from worries and family fortunes, why not No. If you insist on going your own way and making trouble in the capital, how do you know that King Yan will not kill you in a fit of anger? Maybe it will also bring disaster to my Gu family's great career." "Although the Gu family is in charge of me, the side branches will not listen to

me in everything Yes. As for matters related to family and life, all the bloodlines came to persuade me, saying that Yun'er has said so, so don't insist on ruining the lives of the people. I can't completely disregard the feelings of the people, so I have to compromise for the time being, but for the sake of safety , I still tried to find a way, entrusted my relationship to go to prison, met the impostor, and confirmed that what he said was true, so I was relieved. Since my son's life is safe, and I have a grandson to continue the blood, I will Listen to his words and let go, and wait for the day when King Yan is out of prison." "

After that prison visit, my wife and I followed what he said, dismissed the servants at home, ate fast and recited Buddha's name every day, and prayed for him. I just hope that my son will be cleared of his grievances as soon as possible."

"His so-called new love is Xiuzhu?" Wei Jinghan asked.

"yes."

"So you just let go of Zhou Ying's life and death?" Hearing this, Chu Xiaoyun didn't hear a single word of Zhou Ying from the Gu family and his wife, so he was so panicked that he couldn't help asking.

Mrs. Gu said shamelessly: "Because my son... that counterfeit said that there was no such thing as killing his wife and silencing her mouth, and that the daughter-in-law had committed misdeeds, and it was unknown if she eloped with others; in addition, Zhou Sheng went to the yamen to complain every day, but he couldn't come up with any evidence. The evidence for Yun'er's killing of his wife is just nonsense and unreasonable nonsense. We all felt that Zhou Shengde was

out of his mind to frame Yun'er." Knowing that Zhou Ying was once the daughter-in-law of the Gu family, and also the daughter of an old friend, because of this relationship, plus Yun'er... He also said that he had another love later, and had a grandson, and he felt a little guilty towards Zhou Ying. He didn't take revenge on Zhou Sheng, but just let him mess around, and didn't think much about Zhou Ying's whereabouts. Now that I think about it, I'm also a fan of the person involved!"

Madam Gu wiped her tears, full of remorse.

"I'm sorry for my old friend, and I'm sorry for that good boy Zhou Ying. I really didn't expect that what that crazy, ignorant Zhou Sheng said could be somewhat true." Gu Yuanwai was also ashamed and embarrassed. regret.

The anger in Chu Xiaoyun's heart was extinguished a lot by Mrs. Gu's mental journey. Perhaps the authorities really are obsessed with onlookers, and from the standpoint of the Gu family back then, perhaps it is impossible not to vent their anger. Everyone has their own unavoidable reasons and sufferings. Even if the truth is revealed in the end and they feel guilty, in the end, the suffering suffered by the person who suffered the most cannot be changed. In the end, it is the ignorant, insane person that people say is the one who desperately brought back a person who disappeared for no reason, and who was not forgotten by time.

Just because he is a brother.

Thinking of this, Chu Xiaoyun's inner feelings became more complicated.

"Who is this Xiuzhu?" Probably seeing that Chu Xiaoyun and the Gu family were a little emotional, Wei Jinghan brought the conversation back in time.

To be able to fall into the eyes of Gu Qingyun, this Xiuzhu should be a key person, and perhaps also play a vital role in this case. Knowing her identity should be one step closer to the fake Gu Qingyun's identity.

"Oh, she used to be Ying'er's personal maid." Mrs. Gu wiped her tears with a towel and said.

"What?"

Not only Wei Jinghan, but also Chu Xiaoyun were surprised by this Xiuzhu's identity. They expected that Gu Yuanwai and his wife would not be able to tell the origin of this person, but they did not expect that this person's identity was so ordinary.

"Then where is her home? Has her family been to Gu's residence in these years?" Chu Xiaoyun thought for a while and asked.

Mrs. Gu said: "She is an orphan I bought from Yuchun Building, and she has no family for a long time. When I bought her back, she actually said that her hometown is in the Jiangnan area, far away from Hejing County."

Yuchun Building, you can tell from the name that it is a place of fireworks. Although the Gu family is not a high-end mansion, they are also rich in the world. How can they buy a maid from a place of fireworks?

Chu Xiaoyun asked out the doubts in his heart.

Mrs. Gu said: "That day she was beaten by a turtle slave at the gate of Yuchun Tower. I couldn't stand it, so I asked the servant girl to inquire, only to find out that both her parents died and she was sold by a creditor to pay off the debt. The owner of Chunlou paid a lot of attention and bought it back. She refused to pick up customers, and was caught running away. Yuchunlou beat her in the street in order to make an example of others. I saw that she was proud and had a rare character, so I bought it from Yuchunlou at a high price She came back. She came to our Gu family, worked diligently, endured hardships and stood hard work, and abided by etiquette. Later, Yinger married to our Gu family, and we hit it off right away, so I pointed out Xiuzhu to Yinger as a personal maid. Unexpectedly... But It caused such a disaster..."

Speaking of the past, Mrs. Gu regretted it too much.

Chu Xiaoyun thought for a while and asked: "Madam Gu, think about it carefully. Was her identity forged before she came to the Gu family? Is there anything strange?"

Madam Gu thought for a long time, and shook her head in confusion: "No. She is quite a filial person. Once she heard that my family was going to her hometown for a business trip, and she asked someone to visit her parents' graves. The guy who helped me afterwards told me about it, saying Xiuzhu is really a filial girl. People in her hometown sympathized with what happened to her. They saw him go to the grave and asked about Xiuzhu's current situation. The helper was brought from my mother's house. It is absolutely impossible for her to cheat "

"Since the identity is not forged, it can only be that the environment changes people." Wei Jinghan sighed.

The ancients said that riches and honors cannot be promiscuous, and power cannot be subdued, but how many people can really do it. They are also orphans whose parents both died, one is a young lady who is well-clothed and well-fed, and the other is a maidservant who serves others, living in heaven and earth. After getting along for a long time, it is unknown that this unbalanced psychology will breed some evils, just like Yi Ruzhen and her personal maid back then.

There was a moment of silence in the room. At this time, the door of the hall was knocked, and Wang Sanqiang's voice came from outside: "Master Wei, Mr. Chu, Mrs. Wei went to the Yamen to beat the drums, saying that there are important evidences of the death of shopkeeper Wei, and they must be handed over to Mr. Chu or Mr. Chu." Mrs. Wei also said that this matter is of great importance, and she did not dare to be negligent as a servant, so she was sent to the Gu mansion." The

Mrs. Wei mentioned by Wang Sanqiang was the wife of Wei Tang who had been the chief shopkeeper of the Gu family for decades. Tang Zhi died, on the day of the funeral, that family, Gu Qingyun, was present in person.

Could it be that Wei Tang's death was related to the Gu family? Chu Xiaoyun looked at Gu Yuanwai and his wife suspiciously.

After a moment of silence, Wei Jinghan asked, "I wonder if it's convenient for Mrs. Wei to come into the mansion for a briefing?"