Chapter 148

Hearing that Chu Xiaoyun said that he was going to explore this mysterious waterway, whether it was the policemen he brought from Hejing County or the policemen who led the way from Fangchuan County, they felt a little scared in their hearts.

After all, the Pingjiang River basin is vast, with many tributaries on both sides of the river, and there are still many obstacles in the main channel, let alone those complicated tributaries that no one has traveled. If the situation of other tributaries is still unknown, this tributary is clearly in Fangchuan County, and even Gyeongju Prefecture has certain frightening rumors. Knowing that the road ahead is dangerous, but still taking risks, everyone murmured for a while.

Chu Xiaoyun encouraged: "There are rumors in Fangchuan that this river course is scary, but no one has seen it; those who have seen it just say that it is impossible to go through. If it doesn't go through, let's turn back again. If you don't go for a walk, how can you go?" How about finding out the truth?"

The expressions of fear on the faces of the people did not change, but because they were all Chu Xiaoyun's subordinates, no one objected first. Probably the policeman in Fangchuan County also saw the joint, and couldn't help but say: "Those who come out alive mean that they can't make it through, and those who have seen the danger with their own eyes, that's because none of the people who have seen it can survive. Come out."

Hearing Fangchuan County's displeasure, Hejing County police officers agreed.

Seeing this scene, Chu Xiaoyun knew that he couldn't change everyone's thinking for a while. His trip was just to see this rumored mysterious waterway, not to catch the murderer, and he didn't need a large number of people. He said: "If you want to go, come with me; if you are afraid, send you back to the main waterway outside, and find a boat to take you back. Well, now, those who want to go stand on the left string, and those who don't go stand on the right string." Chu

Xiao After Yun said that, he stood up to the left string first.

Wang Sanqiang stood up to Zuo Xian almost at the same time, grinning and smirking: "Brother, I will go wherever you go. Sanqiang will always believe in you."

Yu He also stood on Zuo Xian when Chu Xiaoyun's voice fell, and Chu Xiaoyun looked at each other and smiled.

Previously, everyone thought that except for Chu Xiaoyun, no one was seconding, but they didn't expect that as soon as Chu Xiaoyun finished speaking, someone stood over. After all, they are subordinates, and many of them are still in the arresting room that Chu Xiaoyun entered with his pen during the recruitment examination. Even if it is not that formal, it can be regarded as a bit of teamwork. Two police officers who usually admired Chu Xiaoyun stood over hesitantly.

After all, the subordinates of the same yamen saw someone standing over, and the rest of them also stood over one after another after psychological struggle. The Fangchuan County policeman saw that he was left with nothing to say, so he could only say: "Let's go. Let me tell you first, if you are in danger, it is important to save your life. Not every case can be solved." The other party's words are also

true , Chu Xiaoyun didn't want to make fun of everyone's lives, nodded and said: "This is natural."

The consensus was reached, and the ship set sail again. Along the way, apart from them, there were no other boats, and the surrounding area was terribly quiet; besides, the river below was deep and dark, obviously extremely deep; in addition, the surrounding jungle was dense, covering the sky and the sun, and it was indeed easy to feel intimidated for a while.

In order to mobilize everyone's emotions and not be infected by such an environment, Chu Xiaoyun has been enlivening the atmosphere, sharing some hilarious things with his family, and simplifying some scientific knowledge from the past and present to everyone. Everyone on the boat was so involved that they forgot the uneasiness in their hearts for a moment.

The boat traveled about 30 miles, and there was an open water area in front of it. Everyone was rejoicing, but when they walked in, they were poured with cold water. The open waters are full of reeds, which are divided into many reeds of different sizes. When a boat goes in, it is like walking a maze, and it is easy to get lost.

This is probably where most of the people who came in turned back.

Everyone looked at Chu Xiaoyun.

Chu Xiaoyun asked the boatman to take out the compass and the ribbons and ropes that could be tied on the boat, and asked everyone to stand on the edge of the boat, and tie cloth strips on the reeds that were within reach, leaving marks. Yu He tied it, but saw a small piece of cloth hanging from a reed branch on a reed bush. He took it off and carefully identified it, and found that it was very similar to the cloth on the vendor's body in the bun shop.

Yu He informed Chu Xiaoyun of this discovery: "It seems that the steamed stuffed bun vendor has been here, maybe this is the place where he was killed. But how did his body float down?" Chu Xiaoyun looked at his

feet The deep river, the river here is still very quiet, as if it never flows. So he murmured: "Maybe the flow of this river is just out of our sight, or there are other ways. In short, if you go through this waterway once, the problem should be solved. You put away that piece of fabric and take it back for comparison. ."

Even if Chu Xiaoyun didn't explain, Yu He would still do it. He carefully put away the small piece of fabric, and together with Chu Xiaoyun looked for the way out ahead.

Chu Xiaoyun asked the boatman to drop the anchor to detect the depth of the reeds, and tie something to grab the mud on the cable. When the cable is raised, remove the mud from the bottom of the river and hand it over to Yu He for preservation.

They turned to the moon rising in the reeds, and finally walked out of the labyrinth of waters. Looking at the darkened sky, almost all eyes on the boat were looking at Chu Xiaoyun.

In such a mysterious environment, traveling at night is naturally dangerous, but who knows what will happen if you stay here overnight. Chu Xiaoyun thought for a while and said, "Everyone, add some food first, and then we'll go on shifts and take turns to rest. Don't stay here." This should

be the best way. No one on board objected. According to Chu Xiaoyun's opinion let's move. The night was getting deeper and deeper, and after walking forward for more than ten miles, the river suddenly disappeared, and a big mountain appeared in front of everyone.

Everyone on board panicked. Chu Xiaoyun was also very surprised. He couldn't imagine why the Baiyangdian-like environment in the north could be so harmoniously combined with the karst terrain in the southern hilly area, appearing in Gyeongju, which generally belongs to the central part of Dacheng.

Chu Xiaoyun reassured: "There is an underground river in front of it. If you think about it, the river flows through the mountains." "

Then what should we do?" The policemen asked one after another.

"The dark river is very strange, no wonder the people who come in never return."

"Now you can't see clearly from the outside, and you don't know what's going on inside."

Chu Xiaoyun stared at the junction of mountains and rivers in front of him for a while, and said resolutely: "Go back to the voyage." ."

Everyone thought they heard it wrong, and looked at him in surprise.

Chu Xiaoyun smiled slightly: "The truth is important, and safety is also very important. Today we have discovered enough, we will come back to Tanyinhe another day." On the return journey,

Chu Xiaoyun realized that he had overestimated his ability. Although they marked the way in when they came in, when they went out, they walked along the marks when they came in. After walking for a while, they found that they often turned back to the same place.

They got lost.

Once or twice is fine, after all, the boat is full of cops who have experienced storms; the more times, gradually, the cops on the boat also start to become emotionally unstable.

"Did we encounter a ghost hitting the wall?" Someone was already crying.

Although I had a compass with me, it seemed that the compass had lost its function at this time. It was swinging wildly and could not indicate anything. But the marks they made brought them back to their original place time and time again. Even Chu Xiaoyun, who absolutely believed in materialism, felt guilty at this moment.

He frowned and looked at the cloth strips that he and his colleagues tied before going in. Why could they let him go in smoothly, but couldn't show him a way out?

The boat turned around in the reed marshes in the middle of the night, and the physical strength of the policemen was overdrawn, and their mental and mental abilities were greatly affected. Some people even lost their eyesight and their eyes were red. If it continues, the situation will become uncontrollable, and even cause internal strife!

This thought flashed through Chu Xiaoyun's mind, and he grasped it keenly. Those ships that entered the waterway and eventually perished, perhaps many times, their capsizing was due to internal strife.

Thinking of this, Chu Xiaoyun calmed down. He gathered the people on board together, gathered the remaining food and water on board, and distributed them to take care of them. This time they were only on a short voyage, and they never thought about entering the waterway to explore the secrets, let alone wandering for a long time. The food on board was limited, and he had to make the food on board last as long as possible to keep the people on board alive. Every meal was compressed by him to just maintain the most basic physical needs. Then divide the detectives on the ship into shifts and take turns to guard.

Chu Xiaoyun divided the policemen into two teams and took turns guarding them. The team without guard must sleep, and must sleep. Only when you are asleep can you conserve your physical strength, and more importantly, avoid unnecessary guesses when you are awake, which will lead to panic and internal strife.

Divide the teams, he will lead the first team; Yu He and Wang Sanqiang will lead the first team. Wang Sanqiang originally wanted to be with Chu Xiaoyun, but was stopped by Chu Xiaoyun: "We are all crowded together, who will share the pressure for Yu He? At present, the people here, I only trust you and Yu He! You want to be with Yu He!" The crane has taken care of the other team, so there is something wrong elsewhere."

Seeing Chu Xiaoyun's suggested eyes, Wang Sanqiang had no choice but to listen to Chu Xiaoyun's assignment. They wandered around in the reeds for two days, but they still couldn't find a way out, and the guards became more and more anxious.

Chu Xiaoyun had no idea, but seeing Wang Sanqiang and Yu He's visibly sluggish spirits and still trusting eyes, he cheered up: "We have been out for so long and haven't returned, so the Fangchuan county government must have known about it. Rescue is being organized according to the situation. Everyone must persevere."

What he fears the most is not the delay in the rescue from Fangchuan County, but that no matter how economical the food on board is, there is only one day's supply. If they can't get out tomorrow, things will be bad.

Under Chu Xiaoyun's comfort, the policemen gradually calmed down, and followed the previous schedule to start their shifts. At the deepest and darkest time of the night, Chu Xiaoyun led the team to keep watch, and suddenly saw a raging flame burning in the sky. As the fire became fiercer and closer, it seemed that the flames were mixed with human voices, which were sent by the night wind.

The people on the boat were awakened. Looking at the raging fire that was getting closer and closer to the sky, someone said in despair: "It seems that I am waiting for a dead end today. I will never say that I will run out of water and food. Now that this fire is coming again, I am afraid that it will be a disaster from the sky." Let me die!"

Chu Xiaoyun squinted his eyes to observe the direction of the fire on the horizon for a while, and then said solemnly: "No, our life has come." "

What do you mean by Catcher Chu?" Fang Chuan The county police officer asked eagerly.

Not only did the others not understand, Yu He also looked at him.

Chu Xiaoyun pointed to the big fire in the distance: "Only on the shore will there be vegetation for the fire to burn. The place where the fire must be burned is on the shore. We have already found out that the way to the end of this waterway is blocked by a big mountain. Therefore, burn the fire." Judging by the height of the fire, it must not be a mountain in the direction of the dark river; then there is only one possibility left, that is, the direction of the fire is the direction we came from. As long as we move forward in the direction where the fire is burning, we will definitely be able to get rid of it. This maze."

Chu Xiaoyun's words were well-founded, and everyone was convinced. So the big guys didn't sleep, everyone got up, and worked together to steer the boat towards the direction of the fire, and didn't care about the cloth strips tied before. As everyone rowed together, they got closer and closer to the place where the fire was burning, and they could hear more and more sounds mixed in the fire.

"Chu Butou—where are you? Can you hear me?"

"You sons of Gou Ri, are you still alive? Give me a shout if you are alive!"

"Boss, boss, you are calling us, you are calling us Call us!"

"Here comes our rescuer!"

There was a burst of cheers from the boat, and the officers began to answer each other's calls.

"We are here!"

"We——here—"

The boat that Chu Xiaoyun and the others were on finally sailed out of the maze of reeds under the guidance of the fire. What I saw head-on was a big boat standing in the middle of the river when I came, and a tall figure stood there on the bow of the boat, staring seriously at the front.

That person is Fang Lingfeng!

Chu Xiaoyun was very moved. Although Fang Lingfeng was usually indifferent and unkind, the number of times he had saved himself, and this time, even a single slap would not count.

Seeing Chu Xiaoyun's boat, Fang Lingfeng raised his hand. Someone came over, and Fang Lingfeng whispered something in his ear. Soon, on the big boat where Fang Lingfeng was, there was a burst of drumbeats, and with the sound of the drumbeats, the fire on the shore gradually diminished.

The boat that Chu Xiaoyun was on leaned forward, Chu Xiaoyun stood at the bow of the boat and Fang Lingfeng smiled and said, "Brother Fang, Chu owes you another life today!"