Chapter 56

"Zhou Ying just left and didn't come back?" Chu Xiaoyun asked after hearing the narration of the elders of the Gu family.

"Dong dong dong, dong dong dong." At this time, there was another knock on the door of Gu's house.

Several people in the lobby stopped talking almost at the same time.

"Ah, it seems that someone is knocking on the door?" Chu Xiaoyun listened carefully and said, "Mr. Gu, let's treat the guests first, don't be in a hurry." The two elders of the Gu family looked at each other, and Mrs. Gu asked suspiciously, "Who could it be?

" "

Gu Yuanwai also looked puzzled: "No one has visited the cold house for a long time, I didn't expect that today there will be a series of guests coming from far away today. Catcher Chu, later." "

Okay. Gu Yuanwai, please go ahead." Chu Xiaoyun understood land.

Member Gu got up and was about to go to check, when a call came from outside the door. It was the voice of a young man. Mrs. Gu couldn't help standing up, with a look of joy on her face: "It's Zhuang Di."

Seeing Chu Xiaoyun's questioning expression, Mrs. Gu explained: "This is Quanzi's best friend, who moved to Qingzhou two years ago. Every time I go back to the old house, I will come to see our two old bones."

Mrs. Gu wept with joy: "Thinking about the time when he and Yun'er recited poems and argued against each other, and discussed business together, I can still vividly remember. But now Yun'er... I'm afraid they will never have the chance to get together like this again..."

Mrs. Gu began to sob as she spoke.

Gu Yuanwai said: "Look at you, you cry when you are sad, and you cry when you are happy. Zhuang Di is here, you don't like him the most, let him talk to you. Dier should be sad to see you crying like this." ."

Mr. Gu went to open the door, Mrs. Gu sat in a chair and fell into a sad mood. Chu Xiaoyun didn't want to disturb her, so she waited quietly. Not long after, Gu Yuanwai led the two of them in. Walking side by side with Gu Yuanwai was a young man in Tsing Yi, who could be seen from a wealthy family just by looking at his outfit. This was also confirmed by a servant holding a gift box following behind him.

"Hello, Auntie." Zhuang Di bowed his hands to Mrs. Gu as soon as he entered the door.

Mrs. Gu got up and walked towards the other party, showing a look of joy again: "It's Dier, it's good if you come, why do you have so many gifts?

" , has the effects of nourishing yin, moistening dryness, nourishing the middle and replenishing qi. Uncles and aunts have been tired these years, so you should pay more attention to maintaining your body. Don't let Brother Qingyun worry, when he comes out, the family will have to live in peace and beauty. Zhuang Di helped Mrs. Gu go back, and signaled the servant to put the gift box on the table.

"It's fine for you to come. My aunt is happy to see you. It would be great if Yun'er was here." Mother Gu couldn't help covering her face and crying.

"It's Dier's fault, and he brought up sad things again. Auntie, don't worry, my good brother is filial and kind, and God will not treat him badly." Zhuang Di helped Mrs. Gu back to the chair and sat down, only then did he see Chu on the side Xiao Yun and Su Wen.

"Hey, who are these two?" Zhuang Di asked suspiciously.

"Oh, this is Chief Chu from the arresting house of the county government office. This time, he came here for Yun'er's affairs." Mother Gu wiped away her tears and hurriedly explained.

"That's right, the Yamen is going to re-investigate your brother Yun's case. I hope the heavens can clear him up." Gu Yuanwai also explained from the outside to the inside.

"Catch Chu Xiaoyun in Xiahejing County." Chu Xiaoyun got up and cupped his hands, "The one next to me is my husband."

"I'm Zhuang Di, it's a pleasure to meet you!" Zhuang Di hurriedly returned the gift, looking at Su Wen, "Chu arrested the head to investigate the case, and Zun Fulang followed him closely. The relationship between this couple is really enviable to others." Su Wen is not used to being around

. The man kept staring at him, habitually hiding behind Chu Xiaoyun.

Sensing Su Wen's movement, Chu Xiaoyun moved his body to block Su Wen behind him: "My husband and I are newly married, and we happened to encounter this case when we were out playing today, so we came together. Brother Zhuang is too famous."

" Oh, so that's the case. Catcher Chu still doesn't forget to investigate the case when he's newly married, which is really admirable." Zhuang Di retracted his gaze and saluted again, and asked with concern, "Butou Chu, is there any news about my brother Qingyun's case? What's the progress?"

Chu Xiaoyun said: "I only found out about the case today, so I came to visit." "

I forgot about this." Zhuang Di said with a weeping tone, "I hope that Chu will catch the head I can lead the arresting room to clean up my brother's grievances. As long as I, Zhuang Di, can do it, the head catcher Chu can send it. Zhuang is polite here!"

Chu Xiaoyun said: "The case has not yet been finalized with me, and Chu can't answer it. "

Zhuang Di said "Oh": "I'm sorry, it was Zhuang who overstepped."

Chu Xiaoyun shook his head: "That's not true, it's just that it's been many years and there is no valid evidence. I'm afraid to disappoint you, so I dare not Nonsense."

"Di'er really has a heart. You have come so far to see our elders and worry about your younger brother Yun." Mrs. Gu wiped the tears from the corners of her eyes and greeted, "This is osmanthus cake made by my aunt. It was my favorite food in the past. Try it!"

Gu Yuanwai also said: "Zhuang Di, you have come from a long way, let's take a rest first. The sun is hot today, and the journey has been hard."

Chu Xiaoyun watched the two elders of the Gu family greet Zhuang Di, felt their joy at Zhuang Di's arrival, and felt that today's conversation might not go on. He stood up and said, "Madam Gu, Mr. Gu, there are guests from your house today, so I don't want to bother you. I will visit you another day!" "That's, I'm really sorry..." Madam Gu apologized,

" I've neglected Catcher Chu."

"Let's go to the study to talk, go to the study to talk." Member Gu hurriedly said, "This child used to be inseparable from us, Yun'er, and our husband and wife also thought of Yun'er when we saw him. We never neglected Catcher Chu. It means..."

"It's human nature, Chu understands." Chu Xiaoyun said, "You guys get together first, and Chu will come back another day. Don't worry, Mr. Chu will handle the case impartially." Chu Xiaoyun's promise rescinded the Gu family

. Due to the nervousness of the parents, Gu Yuanwai sent Chu Xiaoyun and his wife out of the gate with great gratitude.

Chu Xiaoyun took Su Wen away from Gu's house, and asked, "Wenwen, you seem unhappy?"

Su Wen said, "I just think that many things in this world are unpredictable. After today, I don't know what will happen tomorrow."

Chu Xiaoyun held Su Wen's hand tightly: "Don't be afraid, we won't do that."

"Yes." Su Wen nodded vigorously.

Back home, Chu Xiaoyun tidied up his yamen outfit, and said to Su Wen: "Now that there is a case, I can't take off the marriage leave in the future, and I have to go back to Yingmao tomorrow. Wenwen, you pack your luggage too, and you can come with me from tomorrow on." Go to the county seat, and temporarily live in the room next to Zhihe Bookstore during the day. If Zhihe Academy hasn't started school these days, I'll go to the academy to ask Mr. Duan a lesson or two." "Okay."

Su Wen responded readily.

After dinner, Su Wen went to take care of the little animals at home and began to pack his luggage, while Chu Xiaoyun dug out the wedding banquet list for comparison. Originally, I planned to sort out the gift money the day before the end of the rest, but since I have to go to the government office tomorrow, I have to do it today.

Because he was a head arrester, the arresters in the arresting house and other people in the county government who were interested in wooing gave a lot of gifts. Chu Xiaoyun felt that this had completely exceeded the scope of human relations. In the previous life, when the brothers in the bureau had any happy event, everyone would pay two hundred yuan as a gift. It not only expresses the heart, but also adds joy, and will not cause any corruption or other things to add to the blockage.

Chu Xiaoyun plans to refer to this standard, and all gift money exceeding two hundred cash will be refunded. He found the red silk cloth left over from the wedding and cut it to a suitable size, put the extra silver wallet in it, attached the name written in red paper on it, and tied it with a red string.

When seeing Duan Chengyang's congratulatory gift from Zhihe Bookstore, Chu Xiaoyun was surprised. Because there is only one word written on the gift list: "Book". During this period, Chengyang is indeed in the book business, and he even has such a personality in giving gifts.

Chu Xiaoyun curiously found the congratulatory gift from Duan Chengyang from among the gifts, a huge red silk cloth bag. I wonder what book Duan Chengyang will give him?

After opening layer by layer, Chu Xiaoyun was still surprised when the book wrapped in red silk appeared in front of his eyes. This was a gift that he could not have imagined at all, but it was a gift that surprised him endlessly. Inside the red silk cloth bag was a martial arts secret book.

Looking closely, there seemed to be a note in the book. Chu Xiaoyun pulled out the note, and Duan Chengyang's provocative handwriting appeared in front of his eyes: [Brother Chu Xian, congratulations on the joy of the wedding. Knowing that your character is noble and pure, brother Yu dare not insult you with money, so here is a collection, I hope it can be of benefit to you. 】,

Seeing this note, Chu Xiaoyun not only smiled. Thinking about it, the last time Duan Chengyang gave money and was rejected, he didn't know what to give, so he racked his brains and gave him such a book. Chu Xiaoyun flipped through the martial arts secret book, and the martial arts described in it were superb. If he could really practice to the level mentioned in the book, he must have extraordinary skills. Judging from the plots of ancient costume dramas in the past, this is the secret book that can stir up the situation in the world. It should be something that many people in the world are fighting for, and it is thousands of times more valuable than the hundred taels of silver given before.

Chu Xiaoyun was beyond moved. Reminiscent of the stalking I felt when I went to the Yunling County Office last time, I felt that this book came too timely. It's just Duan Chengyang, a bookseller, and at most one scholar, how can there be such things in the Jianghu?

However, this gift was too expensive, and Chu Xiaoyun felt uneasy just accepting it. Let's return it together tomorrow, don't hurt the gods to think about the reason.

Chu Xiaoyun packed up the extra gift money one by one, thinking about what kind of meeting gift should Su Wen give when he goes to Zhihe Bookstore to learn from his teacher tomorrow. If you don't measure yourself with money, you must not measure others with money. In the end, Chu Xiaoyun decided to send some glutinous rice cakes made by Su Wen himself tomorrow to express his heart, and then send some rouge made by Su Wen to the Duan family members.

When he returned to the city the next day, he first took Su Wen to pay homage to his teacher, and expressed his gratitude for the gift of the secret book, then took out the secret book and returned it to Duan Chengyang. Duan Chengyang said: "I gave you money, I'm afraid you will return it again. You are a headhunter and deal with outlaws all day long. You can't verify my gift. Why do you want to return it?" Chu

Xiaoyun I am grateful again and again: "This is a gift in a timely manner. It is just such a precious secret book, I am afraid it is hard to find, just give it to me like this, Chu is really worthy of it." Duan Chengyang did not accept the book: "This secret book is a good friend of mine

. He passed away in the secret collection at home. I think he must hope that this secret book can play a role and make great achievements for us." Chu

Xiaoyun puzzled: "Why don't you practice this martial arts, and you can also make great achievements for Dacheng?"

Duan Chengyang's expression was rather sad: "Martial arts can't be practiced by everyone, and you have to pay attention to the foundation and fate. In our family... people who are suitable for martial arts have hurt their foundations and can't practice. Others..."

Duan Cheng Yang sighed: "I can't get the effect after practicing. Brother, I take the liberty to call you so, please don't be offended. I have observed these days before sending out this book. Your character foundation and your physical fitness are suitable for owning It. You have this talent, so don't waste my friend's hard work. Once this secret book is revealed, it will definitely be a bloodbath; if it falls into the hands of people with evil intentions, it will be a catastrophe. Don't refuse, practice it quickly, protect it, and don't give others the chance to covet it. Not for yourself, but for our Dacheng! This book is not for you, but for our Dacheng's patron saint!"

See Chu Xiaoyun was still hesitant, Duan Chengyang paused, and said: "Do you still remember my case? The barbarians are everywhere. Twenty years ago, we lost a lot in the chaos at the border. Now they are starting again. It's a comeback. Brother, I Dacheng need a god arrester to compete with them and thwart their plot! This case is a fluke, if you are in danger someday, you have the ability to investigate but have no power to protect yourself, what should you do?"

Chu Xiaoyun's expression became more serious when he heard it. He thought of the stalking in Yunling County that he had no clue about so far. He looked at Su Wen who was forced to come to Zhihe Academy to concentrate on practicing calligraphy. . He controlled his emotions and said, "Chu Xiaoyun, you will live up to your trust!"