Chapter 140

When Chu Xiaoyun arrived at Zhang's house, the lights were already on. He looked at the red lantern outside the gate of Zhang's house, and sighed in his heart: "Tonight is another night when you can't go home."

Fortunately, he already has a small courtyard of his own in the county government office, although the furniture is simple. , When he was busy with business and couldn't go back, Su Wen didn't feel wronged to live there with his children.

When the concierge saw Chu Xiaoyun and his party visiting, except for the gatekeeper, someone left behind to take them into the mansion, and the rest of them trotted all the way to inform the head of the house.

When Chu Xiaoyun and his party reached the center of the courtyard, there were already people waiting there.

The matter of receiving Chu Xiaoyun was the former mistress of the Zhang family, and the current master, Zhang Cheng's wife. Seeing Zhang Cheng's wife coming to receive him, Chu Xiaoyun couldn't help but sigh with emotion, no matter what kind of environment and dynasty, capable people are regardless of gender. Of course, whether this ability is good or bad is another matter.

Chu Xiaoyun handed the land deed document in his hand to Mrs. Zhang: "I came here this time to ask Mrs. Zhang to confirm that this piece of land belongs to your Zhang family? This family is your tenant? Although the yamen's The land deed document has been clearly recorded, but we still need an answer from Mrs. Zhang."

Mrs. Zhang took the document in Chu Xiaoyun's hand and glanced at it, then shook her head with a smile: "Chu Tutou, I'm sorry, this land It's not from my Zhang family."

This surprised Chu Xiaoyun, he pointed to the information on the land deed: "Madam, have you read it carefully?"

Madam Zhang took the land deed and took a closer look, wondering: " My Zhang family has a lot of property, why didn't I know that there was an extra piece of land in my family?"

Madam Zhang called the accountant in the mansion: "Check what's going on. When did this piece of land become ours?"

"Yes." The accountant took the documents in Chu Xiaoyun's hand to check, checked his own account book, and respectfully said to Mrs. Zhang, "Madam, it is true that this land is not in our account, but it is registered in the yamen. The land."

"Is there such a thing?"

Mrs. Zhang took the yamen documents in the accountant's hand suspiciously and looked at them carefully, and then said to Chu Xiaoyun in surprise: "Chu Butou, I don't know what's going on."

Chu Xiaoyun said: "The government will not give you a piece of land for nothing, right? The paperwork for this land is complete. Let the person who handles the land deed come and ask if you will know." Madam Zhang then carefully read the land deed

document , his face darkened, and he said to the servant who was waiting on the side: "Go and see if Butler Pei is back, and call him over." The

butler of Zhang's house is called Pei Jin, and this person is Chu Xiaoyun's old friend. When Su Wen was sold, the last remaining Susukida ransoms from the original owner were all handled by this person. Chu Xiaoyun thought they didn't recognize the land, so he reminded Mrs. Zhang repeatedly or missed the manager?

After Madam Zhang gave orders to her servants, she smiled at Chu Xiaoyun: "Captain Chu, I'm sorry. The housekeeper is out today, so I'll be waiting for you for a long time."

Chu Xiaoyun said lightly, "It's okay, this is Chu's duty. "

The servant who went to call someone came back quickly and replied: "Madam, the butler has not returned to the house yet."

"This..." Madam Zhang looked at Chu Xiaoyun.

While talking, footsteps came from outside the flower hall where the two were talking, and soon someone came in through the open door. Chu Xiaoyun raised his eyes and saw that it was the butler Pei Jin.

After Pei Jin came in, he saw Chu Xiaoyun sitting in the flower hall. He was slightly surprised, but he went straight to Mrs. Zhang: "Madam, just now when Pei Jin entered the door, the guard at the gate said you were looking for me?"

Mrs. Zhang stretched out her hand to gesture to Chu Xiaoyun who was next to her: "The land deed document brought by Chu Butou said that there is a piece of land by the Red River south of the county town that belongs to our Zhang family. I don't think the Zhang family has that piece of land, but The county government's land deed document archives clearly stated that it belonged to our family, and it was printed with your seal, do you have an explanation?" Pei Jin was silent for a while, and confessed

to Mrs. Zhang: "The land deed document was indeed issued by Pei Jin. Yes, it was originally Pei Jin's private property, but for the convenience of taxation, it was put under the Zhang family's name when applying for other land deeds in the mansion. I hope Madam will forgive me." "This...it turns out to be like this

... ..." When Mrs. Zhang faced Chu Xiaoyun again, her expression became less arrogant and more respectful, "Captain Chu, I really don't know..."

Chu Xiaoyun said lightly: "It's good that the matter is clear. The matter of the title deed is legal in the county government. It is a matter of your Zhang family, and you can handle it yourself. But the matter of Pei Jin lying to the government is another matter. Chu came here today because of another matter. I also invite Madam and Pei The housekeeper handed over the security information of this tenant and his family on the land, and brought his family, and Chu will take him back to the Yamen for questioning." Mrs. Zhang stared at

Pei Jin seemingly angrily, and shouted: "Pei Jin!"

" Yes." Pei Jin responded to Chu Xiaoyun, "Chu Boss please allow me to fetch it."

Chu Xiaoyun nodded.

After Pei Jin left, Mrs. Zhang smiled apologetically and said to Chu Xiaoyun: "I don't know what's wrong with this family, but you, Boss Lao Chu, come and ask people to question you yourself."

Chu Xiaoyun smiled lightly: "Madam, don't worry, wait for Chu Xiaoyun It's not too late to read the Baojia information first."

"That's fine." Mrs. Zhang didn't feel comfortable asking, and pointed to the teacup after answering, "Chu catches the head and drinks tea."

Chu Xiaoyun had just drank half a cup of tea when Pei Jin brought over the paperwork of the old farmer's family's Baojia information. Chu Xiaoyun checked and found that there was no difference between the number of farmers and the old farmer. He closed the Baojia document and said to Mrs. Zhang: "The son of this old farmer escaped from the arresting house a few days ago, has he come back? Does Boss Pei know where he is?" The last sentence was looking at

Pei Jin.

Mrs. Zhang was surprised: "Escaped from the arresting house? I don't know what crime this person committed? Pei Jin, do you know?" Pei Jin

also looked surprised, and first answered Mrs. Zhang: "Well, Pei Jin doesn't know either. Then he

turned to Chu Xiaoyun: "The other person is at the mansion. It turns out that Chu Butou came to arrest someone today. I don't know what crime this person committed?"

Chu Xiaoyun looked at them coldly, not wanting to tell the truth from the fake, He said bluntly: "A corpse was dug out from the yard of his house. It was the treasurer Wei who was lost in business a few days ago. When the arresting house went to question him, this man fled through the window." "There is such a thing!

" This time Mrs. Zhang and Pei Jin spoke in unison. Afterwards, the two looked at each other, and Mrs. Zhang gritted her teeth and said to Pei Jin, "Don't go find him yet! Let the yamen handle it impartially if you really violated the law. Look at what you did. My own private property is hanging on my Zhang family account, and it has caused all these troubles for nothing!" "This

subordinate is guilty." Pei Jin hurriedly confessed, "I'll go find him

right now." Pei Jin turned and walked out, He bumped into a servant who was rushing in.

"How do you go, you don't have eyes..." Pei Jin scolded, halfway out of his mouth, probably remembering that there were outsiders in the flower hall, he changed his words, "Watch and go".

"Yes." The servant said while apologizing to Pei Jin, "Butler Pei, it's not good, something happened. A servant in the mansion drowned in the pond in the backyard."

"What? What's going on?" Pei Jin stopped and asked hastily.

Mrs. Zhang, who was seated behind her, couldn't help standing up: "What's the matter, why did such a good person drown in the fish pond?"

The servant said: "The patrol servant stepped on a broken wine jar while patrolling the pond. , the smell of wine could still be smelled from the broken jar. I looked into the pond, and found a person soaking in the water. The nurses picked him up, and the smell of wine could still be smelled on him, presumably he was drunk and fell down. Go in."

"Okay, I got it. Inform his family and give some money to appease him. I still have to go to Li Dakui, the arresting people are waiting for questioning." Pei Jin said to the servant who came to inform . The servant turned around and shouted at Pei Jin's figure

: "Butler Pei, the man who died is Li Dakui."

Domestic servant: "Who did you say died?"

"Li...Da Kui..." The servant was a little frightened when he saw Pei Jin's appearance.

"This...what's the matter!"

Pei Jin complained angrily, bowed to Mrs. Zhang who had stood up and Chu Xiaoyun who was staring at him in surprise: "Ma'am, Chief Chu!" , This...Chu Butou, what should I do?"

Chu Xiaoyun didn't expect things to develop like this, and the man died as soon as he was found. But there is no way, the person is dead. As a policeman, he was supposed to show up for such a thing, and he happened to be there now, which saved him the trouble of making another trip.

Chu Xiaoyun said to the servant who came to report: "Lead the way ahead."

Mrs. Zhang and Pei Jin also hurriedly said: "Yes, lead the way, lead the way."

Chu Xiaoyun went to the pond in the backyard of the Zhang Mansion. Li Dakui's body had been salvaged by the guards and placed on the stone road beside the pond. Seeing Chu Xiaoyun and his party coming, a servant from the nursing home greeted him.

Pei Jin said to the guard who came forward: "Chu Butou is here, let Chu Butou take a look."

Chu Xiaoyun didn't say much, took a torch from the servant and went forward to Li Da Kui knelt down beside him. The free hand squeezed Li Dakui's sideways face and looked at it. It was indeed the man he saw in the farmyard and fled through the window. That's right, Chu Xiaoyun just wanted to see how he died. He handed the torch to the subordinate at the side, and raised Li Dakui's head with the hand holding the torch, and pinched Li Dakui's mouth with the other hand and smelled it, and it did smell like alcohol.

Chu Xiaoyun looked at Li Dakui's whole body again, and found nothing unusual, so he got up and said to the subordinates beside him, "Go and ask the assistant to come." After being busy for half the night, the

old assistant beat his back to Chu Xiaoyun said: "I can hardly straighten my waist, if I continue to toss around like this a few times, I will have to confess my old bones." After speaking, he whispered

a few words to himself: "I don't know the newcomer When will these little bastards be able to take on the big responsibility. Sigh."

Although this is the due responsibility of the assistant, but hearing the complaints of the old assistant, Chu Xiaoyun feels a little guilty when he looks at the other's back that is beginning to hunched. It was indeed a bit hard to pull such a physically damaged old man to work this late at night. But the newly recruited apprentice has not yet graduated from the teacher, and it seems that the old apprentice can only continue for a while.

Chu Xiaoyun said a few words of relief, and ordered the old servant to be sent home. He himself stood there thinking about what to do next.

After the old Wuzuo left, people from the Zhang family came up to ask what to do with Li Dakui's body. Chu Xiaoyun looked at Mrs. Zhang and Pei Jin beside him and said, "Since Wu Zuo has experienced the corpse and there is no accident, let's bury his family."

After all, he summoned the police and prepared to leave. After taking two steps, he stopped and said to Pei Jin: "Since there is a problem with the real ownership of that piece of land, I will report it to your lord. Wait for the yamen's notice.

" ." Pei Jin said respectfully.

Chu Xiaoyun led the people away, but on the way, he was thinking about the whispered words that the old foreman told him before: "The deceased did not see any external or internal injuries, and he did not take any medicine that should not be taken. But are there other factors? It depends on your meticulous investigation by Chu Butou."

There are many ways to get a servant drunk, but it's much easier to make another drunk. How could Chu Xiaoyun not understand this. This person's death was too coincidental, and Chu Xiaoyun did not believe that his death was accidental from the bottom of his heart. But there is no accident in the script, the cause of death is nothing more than covering up the truth of the death of shopkeeper Wei, and there is no need to bother with it. As long as the death of shopkeeper Wei is found out, the cause of this person's death will naturally be revealed. Now it's better to follow the Zhang family's wishes and let people be buried, maybe it can numb the other party for a while. Only then did Chu Xiaoyun get that answer.

The Zhang family silenced him before he saw the suspect, and he was half a step behind, Chu Xiaoyun knew it well. But getting angry couldn't solve any problems, his mind was spinning fast, besides the old man in the prison, the only one who could solve the mystery of this matter was the old man's family members in Gyeongju Prefecture.

Thinking of this, Chu Xiaoyun's steps quickened. He wants to ask his lord to rush to Qingzhou Mansion six hundred miles away to bring back all the family members of that family.