Chapter 27

Chu Xiao walked all the way, paying attention to the shops and roadside stalls on both sides of the street, to see if there was anything he liked. A peddler who was waving a straw hat and hawking maltose loudly saw Chu Xiaoyun passing by, soliciting business: "Brother, do you want some maltose? They are all freshly made every day when you get up at Yinshi, and they are guaranteed to be fresh." He stopped and waved his hand

. Straw hat, waiting for Chu Xiaoyun's reaction. Looking up at Chu Xiaoyun's face looking sideways, he was a little dazed for a moment.

Chu Xiaoyun looked at the bamboo sieve on the peddler's basket, which was covered by fine white gauze, and only a little bit of maltose with irregular shape was exposed. Curious, he opened it and took a look. Under the white gauze cover is a large piece of sugar cake, the bud yellow sugar cake is covered with a layer of hoarfrost, only the exposed edge has been knocked into fine pieces, it looks pretty good.

Chu Xiaoyun subconsciously regarded Su Wen as a child, thinking that children should like sweets, he asked: "Can I try it?"

If it tastes good, buy more, and if it tastes good, buy less.

The peddler said with some fear: "Yes, yes."

But he complained incessantly in his heart, it's not good to recruit anyone by himself, but he recruited the king of Chu Yan. Eighty percent of them took a big piece and tasted it and said it was nothing more than that.

Chu Xiaoyun naturally didn't know what was going on in the peddler's mind, so he picked the smallest piece of candy he could see from the bamboo sieve and put it in his mouth to taste it. The sweetness is not strong, the taste is refreshing and aromatic, without the greasy taste of modern industrial sugar. It's pretty good, I think Lai Wenwen should like it.

"How do you sell this?" Chu Xiaoyun asked.

Seeing that Chu Xiaoyun only took a small piece of candy to taste, the peddler who was still surprised heard Chu Xiaoyun asked the price, but didn't react for a while: "Huh?" "

How much is this maltose?" Chu Xiaoyun smiled and asked. Repeated.

Unexpectedly, King Chu Yan would ask the price. The peddler was a little uncertain whether he wanted to buy it: "Eight, eight cents a catty. Do you want one penny or two pennies?"

This maltose is a sweet food, and it will soften and deteriorate after a long time. When people eat it, they usually buy some toothpaste. , Most of them are bought in one penny and two pennies.

Chu Xiaoyun looked at it and thought that this maltose was good, so he also brought some for Wang Sanqiang, so that Aunt Wang could chew more and add some sugar when she had nothing to do.

"Give me two catties and pack them separately," Chu Xiaoyun said.

"What... what?" The peddler couldn't believe his ears.

"Give me two catties. I will keep one bag for myself and give the other to a friend. Please pack it separately." Chu Xiaoyun repeated with a smile.

"Oh, oh. Alright, alright." This was considered a big deal. Seeing that Chu Xiaoyun had a gentle attitude and didn't seem like a swindler, the peddler was so excited that his hands trembled. When knocking on the candy, the hammer missed the first time it went down.

The peddler knocked out about two catties of sugar and weighed it on the scale. If it wasn't enough, he added a little more. When it was enough, he showed it to Chu Xiaoyun: "Look at the scale, it's two catties." Chu Xiaoyun said, "It's okay

, You weigh it." He took out a small piece from it and threw it back into the bamboo sieve: "I tasted a piece just now."

The hawker was completely stunned, he had never seen anything tasted before, and he would return the order when he weighed it when he bought it. go back.

Chu Xiaoyun signaled, "Divide it into two parts and pack it."

"Oh, oh." The peddler came back to his senses, and hurriedly took out the packages that were likely to be used less than a few times a month from the basket under the bamboo sieve. Oiled paper and hemp rope are used, and the maltose is carefully divided and poured on two pieces of oiled paper. The oiled paper is rolled up, with a layer of red paper attached to it, and then tied with hemp rope. It looks like a dessert in a costume drama.

Seeing that the peddler had wrapped the maltose, Chu Xiaoyun put the sixteen Wen coins he took out from his pocket on the gauze of the bamboo sieve: "This is sugar money, remember to keep it." The peddler squeezed the copper coins in his hand, looked

at Chu Xiaoyun scratched his head as he walked away, feeling like he was dreaming. Seeing Chu Xiaoyun walking away, a peddler next to him approached him and said, "I didn't expect you to do business with King Chu Yan. I thought he wouldn't buy it, and maybe he would yell at you, and even eat for free." It's possible. I didn't expect to buy two catties, and I even counted the taste."

Another peddler also said: "Now he speaks kindly, and he feels a lot different than before. Listen to me before I still don't believe the neighbor's talk about the court trial. I saw this meeting with my own eyes." "

I've also heard about his lawsuit, but it's not complete. Anyway, there's no business at this meeting, so I can give it to everyone. Tell me, buddy?"

The peddler who knew the inside story told about Chu Xiaoyun's lawsuit.

"Back when he sold his unmarried husband, many people scolded him for being ruthless. Unexpectedly, he had a conscience and redeemed him." "It seems that

King Chu Yan is still a person who values ​​love and righteousness." "

He actually Can you still help the county magistrate solve the case? Are you so capable?"

...

Chu Xiaoyun didn't know that because he bought two packs of maltose, his story spread among the peddlers again. Returning to Honglin Village and passing by Wang Sanqiang's house, Chu Xiaoyun stood on the road under the fence and yelled twice

: "Sanqiang, Sanqiang."

Long Neck looked over.

Wang Sanqiang ran out all the way when he heard the shout: "Brother, you are here."

Seeing that Chu Xiaoyun was twisting two packages of things in his hand, he said again: "Brother, are you coming back from outside? Where did you go?"

Chu Xiaoyun handed a pack of maltose to Wang Sanqiang: "I came back from the county seat, and I went to the county government to apply for recruitment. This is maltose. Aunt Wang often gets dizzy because of low blood sugar. Besides taking the medicine prescribed by the doctor, Supplementing sugar is very important. Although this is relatively soft maltose, it is still a bit hard compared to older people. Aunt Wang is probably not easy to bite. If it's okay, let her hold a piece of maltose in her mouth and use saliva to absorb the sugar. It melts. Eating it regularly is good for hypoglycemia."

"Brother, what is hypoglycemia? What is saliva?" Wang Sanqiang asked with a puzzled expression.

"..." Chu Xiaoyun said, "Don't worry about it, it's because of Aunt Wang's dizziness, you often give her some candy. If you can't bite, the candy will melt in your mouth, and your saliva will melt the candy."

"Oh, oh." Wang Sanqiang held the candy ignorantly, "Thank you brother. What are you going to the county government to apply for?" "The

county government's arrest room recruits quickly, I will go to apply for arrest quickly." Chu Xiaoyun smiled.

"Ah? Brother, you are so powerful! Why do you think of going to be recruited and arrested quickly. That kind of iron rice bowl is too difficult for us ordinary people." Wang Sanqiang exclaimed.

"You can be sure that I can go." Chu Xiaoyun joked with him.

"My brother is so powerful, sure." Wang Sanqiang has great confidence in Chu Xiaoyun.

Chu Xiaoyun smiled and said, "Thanks to your auspicious words, it's really good."

Wang Sanqiang was so happy that he jumped three feet high: "Brother, I'm so happy."

Chu Xiaoyun smiled: "Tomorrow will officially join the job When I come back tomorrow to buy some food and wine, you and Aunt Wang will go home for dinner."

Wang Sanqiang said: "No, no, no. Brother, I will buy food and wine for you to celebrate. I will take care of this, so don't rob me. When I bought tiles for you yesterday, I asked the owner of the tile kiln for any There is no shortage of people, and I can help them deliver tiles. The boss said that a bricklayer just quit his job due to family problems, and asked me to go to the roof. If there is work, I will get paid. One order. Today I delivered two, I earned 20 Wen. Brother, I can also earn money." He turned a corner and walked two to three hundred meters to his home. The lonely small courtyard has a quiet beauty. Thinking that someone was waiting for him in the courtyard, Chu Xiaoyun quickened his pace.

Chu Xiaoyun didn't expect that Wang Sanqiang could honestly find something to do, so he was very pleased. He didn't reject Wang Sanqiang's kindness: "Okay, I won't rob you. You go into the house and take care of Aunt Wang. Let's go."

Chu Xiaoyun turned around to leave, but saw several children of Wang Sanqiang's neighbors standing by the roadside on the courtyard dam, staring greedily at the sugar bag in his hand. The adults were also watching, but they were standing under the eaves and whispering, farther away than the children. Occasionally, a few suspicious eyes drifted over, and Chu Xiaoyun knew what they were thinking and what they were saying. Probably can't escape being a gangster but becoming a fast catcher.

Chu Xiaoyun untied the candy bag, grabbed a few out, and said to the children, "Want some candy? Come and get it." A bold

child stepped forward hesitantly and took it from Chu Xiaoyun's hand. took one. Unexpectedly, he really got it, and the child happily put maltose in his mouth. After all, the child is a child, and they are not very old. Seeing that the brave one got it, the rest of the children also stepped forward to take one from Chu Xiaoyun.

Chu Xiaoyun rewrapped the sugar bag, and after walking two steps, he heard a child's voice behind him: "Thank you." "

Thank you - thank you -" Someone took the lead, and the other children followed suit.

Chu Xiaoyun turned his head and waved his hand: "You're welcome."

He pushed open the firewood gate of the small courtyard and saw Su Wen sitting on the stone bench next to the stone table under the peach tree, sewing clothes. The expression is quiet and gentle. There is a small Shau Kei on the stone table, which contains needlework, scissors and rags. The peach blossoms on the top of the head occasionally fell, and a few petals fell on Su Wen's hair and on the stone table, giving people a sense of beauty of falling flowers and proclaiming the breath of spring and beauty.

"Chick, chirp..."

"Quack quack..."

A few small calls caught Chu Xiaoyun's attention, and he followed the sound to look down at Su Wen's feet, a group of mixed animals of chickens and ducks The group is shuttled.

Chu Xiaoyun: ...

he has been away for a long time, why did the family add a new member?

"Wenwen?" Chu Xiaoyun shouted, turned around and closed the door before walking towards Su Wen, "Where do these little guys come from?"

Su Wen raised his head when he heard the voice, and the moment he saw Chu Xiaoyun, his face showed Showing a smile: "Husband, you are back."

He stopped what he was doing and put it on the stone table: "Today is going well."

Chu Xiaoyun put the sugar bag on the stone table, and pulled Su Wen Sitting back on the stone bench with his hand: "Of course, your husband and I are still the first."

Looking at Su Wen's fingers while speaking, the old and unsuitable wrench gave Su Wen a deep cut. mark. Chu Xiaoyun said distressedly: "I just said that this broken finger is not reliable, I'd better buy another one tomorrow."

Su Wen wanted to retract his hand wearing the finger to cover up the evidence: "It's okay, I didn't Wear it well."

Without letting go, Chu Xiaoyun took off his finger, and gently stroked the mark: "Don't comfort me."

Seeing that he couldn't break free, Su Wen could only softly say: "I will pay attention to it, and put it on next time." The cloth will be fine."

Chu Xiaoyun didn't comment. He stretched out his legs and gently teased the little chick who came to peck his shoes: "You haven't told me yet, where did these little guys come from?"

Su Wen pursed his lips and said with a smile: "Brother Sanqiang came here this morning to tell him I was going to work in the market, and asked me if I had anything to bring back. I thought the yard was so big and the vegetables I planted were starting to grow, so I asked him to help me buy a few chickens and ducklings. I was at home I can't help you much, and raising these little guys can also subsidize the family." "

What are you thinking about, you little brain, why do you have to work so hard. You are not allowed to say that about yourself." Chu Xiaoyun rubbed Put Su Wen's little head, "If you are bored, it's okay to pass yourself off, don't make yourself too tired. That's it, I can't raise it anymore." Su Wen said with a smile: "No more, just so

much It's gone."

Chu Xiaoyun pretended to be serious and said: "I'm afraid that when you come back from work tomorrow, you will come back with a whole pig."

Although Su Wen didn't understand what it meant to be off work, thinking that Chu Xiaoyun went to work in the yamen, it should be similar to letting go of the yamen mean. But he was amused by Chu Xiaoyun's "he came back with a whole pig", and he laughed out loud: "The pig is so big, there is no place to raise it at home. And we don't grow enough vegetables for the pigs to eat." Chu

Xiao Yun let go of Su Wen's hand, but pinched the tip of his little nose: "It's good to know."

He said, taking the sugar bag he put on the stone table, and untied the hemp rope: "Does Wen Wen love sweets? ? I bought some maltose for you from the county seat. I tasted it and it tastes good, you can try it."

He picked up one and put it in Su Wen's mouth: "Is it delicious?"

Su Wen nodded: "It's delicious. Who doesn't love candies."

There were little stars in his eyes.

Who doesn't love candies? Su Wen, who lives under the fence, must love them. Thinking of this, Chu Xiaoyun felt that he must treat Su Wen well in the future and stop making him suffer.

The author has something to say: Today's first update. Thanks for the support!