Chapter 134

If you plant flowers intentionally, the flowers will not bloom, but if you plant willows unintentionally, they will make shade. Unexpectedly, after many days of inquiries to no avail, today the boatman who had nowhere to find came to his door. The joy in Chu Xiaoyun's heart was indescribable.

In the small room, Chu Xiaoyun received the boatman who took the initiative to report the clues. When he saw the other party, he couldn't help frowning.

The boatman was very young, in his twenties, handsome, tall and straight, but he was dressed in rags and was in a mess. His body was covered with large and small bruises, but he seemed to be recovering soon.

"You are..." Chu Xiaoyun pointed to the boatman, "What's the matter with this outfit?"

The boatman lowered his head and glanced at himself, and also felt that his outfit was a little unattractive, and his face became hot: " Last time I delivered shopkeeper Wei, I accidentally fell into the river at the bottom of the valley when I returned home, and came back with my life." "

How are you doing now?" Chu Xiaoyun asked, "Do you want to see a doctor first?"

The boatman Shaking his head: "I've already seen a doctor. Let me talk about the situation first. It's important to find someone."

The boatman's name is Deng Fei, and he is a boatman who walks along the Red River and Pingjiang River. The main purpose of his voyage is not to make a living, but to find the remains of his brother who died a few years ago but has no bones left. Because the tax and fee for registering a boat in the county government are high, and he doesn't make a living from it, he didn't register with the county government. And because he only carried passengers along the way, many boatmen who made their living by the river did not know him.

A few days ago, he saw Wei Tang asking for the fare at the pier. Wei Tang asked many boatmen, and he thought the quotations of the boatmen were too expensive. Deng Fei thought that he had heard some rumors some time ago, as if the last place anyone saw his brother before his death was Gyeongju, and he was planning to go there.

Going there by yourself is also running, and it is also profitable to charge someone for a fee. So when it was getting late and the other boatmen had dispersed, Deng Fei came forward and reached a deal with Wei Tang at 60% of the other boatmen's price.

Because he is a retail investor and relatively flexible, Deng Fei said to him after learning of Wei Tang's address: "You know, my boat can't stay too long at this pier that the government often patrols, and my house is also going in that direction. It just happened to be on the way. How about this, we will not get on the boat at the Honghe pier, and just go to the place closest to your home." "

Okay, that's no problem." Wei Tang agreed without hesitation. It saves so much boat fare, and it's nothing to take a few more steps. So they boarded the boat at a wild wharf, not the regular wharf in Hejing County.

When we went there, during the chat, Wei Tang learned that Deng Fei walked on the river to find his brother's body, so he couldn't help asking a few more questions. When he learned that his elder brother was originally Deng Xing who was the bodyguard for Young Master Gu, Wei Tang couldn't help but get excited.

"Your elder brother used to be Deng Xing who was the guard for the owner's family, and we worked together." Wei Tang said with emotion, "I never imagined that I would be on the same boat with you again today." "Is the shopkeeper Wei working for the Gu family?"

Deng Fei was surprised, "Doesn't the Gu family have their own fleet? Why do you still need to hire a boat from outside? And..."

still care about the cost of the boat. Aren't the members of the Gu family rich and powerful?

Deng Fei swallowed the second half of the sentence back in time.

Wei Tang smiled wryly and said: "I don't know what happened last year, I made a foolish account..."

Deng Fei understood the implication. But he was still very surprised, Wei Tang sold half of his life to the Gu family, and he didn't know how big a mistake he made before he was kicked out.

"What about you, why didn't you stay and work in Gu's family?" Wei Tang asked, "I remember Young Master Gu missed this kindness very much at the beginning, and the families of the brothers who died with him were well settled."

Deng Fei smiled lightly: "I lost my father when I was young, and my mother worked outside all the year round to earn the family's rations. It can be said that I was brought up by my brother. Although everyone told me that there was no hope, but if I didn't do it myself, I would always feel sad." Unreliable. Young Master Gu is a good man, I didn't ask for the placement from Gu's family, he gave our family a large sum of money."

Wei Tang nodded: "That's what it should be."

Because of the involvement of the elder brother's bridge, the two of them There were more conversations between them. Wei Tang also talked about his business in Gyeongju and the time he stayed in Gyeongju.

Knowing that Wei Tang planned to stay in Gyeongju for two days, Deng Fei made up his mind, and he could just use that time to find out about his brother, so he offered to bring him back when he came back: "I will also take him back when I go back." Send you to the place where you boarded."

When we went back, we didn't need to look for a cheap boat. Hearing this news, Wei Tang was overjoyed: "Thank you, thank you, thank you very much.

" To and fro ships. Because Deng Fei's boat was from a black household, he detoured around the waterway after getting the news from his colleagues, and it took half a day longer than expected to return to Hejing County. By the time we disembarked, night had fallen.

Deng Fei didn't go home for many days, and Deng Fei wanted to go home to have a look. He hid his boat in the reeds and said goodbye to Wei Tang at Zaiye Wharf.

After saying goodbye, Deng Fei passed by a mountain stream on his way home. On it was a small wooden bridge with a bridge deck and no railings built by the nearby villagers themselves. The exact year of construction is unavailable. Maybe it was too old and the wooden bridge was rotten. Deng Fei was walking in the middle of the bridge when suddenly a piece of wood under his feet fell, and he fell too. At the moment of falling, there was a sound of wind piercing the night sky, which was extremely ear-piercing.

Since he fell down quickly, he didn't have time to think about those.

The mountain valley is high and the water is deep. Fortunately, he caught the branch halfway and was buffered before falling into the valley. But because of this, he was scratched by the branches all over his body, and he fell into the water and had no strength to climb ashore. I had no choice but to rely on my good water skills and let myself be washed away by the stream. He was rescued several miles downstream.

At that time, he was seriously injured, and he had been recuperating at his benefactor's home for several days, and he bid farewell to his benefactor and returned home today. Fearing that his family would be worried, he detoured into the county town to buy medicine on the way home, and only then saw the notice posted by the government looking for Weitang.

Seeing the notice, he didn't bother to buy medicine, so he came to the county government in a hurry.

It turned out that they got on and off the boat at the wild pier in the suburbs. No wonder no boatman on the pier had seen them. After listening to Deng Fei's narration, Chu Xiaoyun said with emotion. Hearing Deng Fei mentioning that his elder brother died unfortunately while working for the Gu family, and there was no body left, he couldn't help asking: "What happened to your brother?"

With the strength of the Gu family, what would cause such consequences. Chu Xiaoyun was quite puzzled.

"It happened five years ago. Once my brother and several other guards from the Gu family went out to do business with Young Master Gu. On the way, they encountered robbers in the rivers and lakes. The guards tried their best to protect Young Master Gu, but there was only one guard left with him. He came back with half his life." Speaking of his elder brother, Deng Fei couldn't control his emotions, "Master Gu and the guard who came back alive said that the others were killed by the robbers and thrown into the Pingjiang River. All the goods of the Gu family caravan were lost that time." "

After Young Master Gu came back, the Gu family and the government organized a fleet to salvage the place where the accident happened, but there was no result. After a long time, everyone gave up. But I often dream that my brother is covered in blood and asks me to save him. I..." Deng Fei swallowed hard, "I can't let it go, so I keep walking on the Pingjiang River, hoping to find my brother's body one day Let him go to the ground for peace, so as to sue the spirit in heaven."

Unexpectedly, there is such a secret in it, Chu Xiaoyun didn't know how to comfort Deng Fei for a while. But out of common sense, Chu Xiaoyun said: "It will be washed away by the current after a long time, have you not gone downstream to salvage it?"

Deng Fei smiled wryly and said: "How could it not be. The Gu family and the government have searched the area fifty miles up and down where the incident happened, and there is nothing. I haven't even seen a piece of rag." This is really a very unfortunate thing

. In the past, Chu Xiaoyun could only comfort him with guilt.

Deng Fei said: "Captain Chu, you don't have to feel guilty. It's been almost five years, and I can accept it now."

But Chu Xiaoyun was still very guilty, not only because he brought up the unfortunate past of the witness What's more, this witness sailed without a license. According to the court's law, he will be punished.

When Chu Xiaoyun informed Deng Fei of the result, one could of course imagine Deng Fei's surprise. Chu Xiaoyun said apologetically: "We also sympathize with your brother's misfortune. You took the initiative to tell the truth, and the government should praise you, but if you are wrong, you should be punished."

Deng Fei slowly closed his surprised mouth, He said in a muffled voice: "It's my fault. Chu Butou also acts according to the law, I understand."

Regardless of whether he really understood, Deng Fei could say this, and Chu Xiaoyun crossed over: "That's good. Whether it is The government rewards or punishes, and if there is a result, we will send someone to pass it on to you, now let's go and see where you get on and off the boat. Is your injury okay?" Although Deng Fei said that his injury is no longer a problem, Chu

Xiaoyun I still asked Master Yu to show him, and then gave him a prescription for people to grab the medicine.

"Go, the medicine should be cut when you come back." Master Yu said to them.

Chu Xiaoyun took the people, led by Deng Fei, to the place where they got on and off the boat. He also found Deng Fei's boat hidden in the reeds. It seems that Deng Fei should not have lied.

Chu Xiaoyun still wanted to find clues in the area where they disembarked, so he asked Wang Sanqiang to send Deng Fei back to the Yamen to get medicine, and then sent him home. Of course, Chu Xiaoyun's arrangement also had other meanings. He asked Wang Sanqiang to go to the wooden bridge where Deng Fei came home that day to see if there was any decay, and then go to the benefactor's house that Deng Fei told him to check.

After Wang Sanqiang escorted Deng Fei away, Chu Xiaoyun scattered the accompanying police officers to search for clues. Then he stood alone at the place where the two said goodbye, looking around the vast land, thinking.

If he were Wei Tang, where night would have fallen, where would he go after disembarking that day.