Chapter 65

Encountering this ambush and assassination, Ling Feng and Chu Xiaoyun were more vigilant along the way. Those who originally planned to take a break did not take a break. They drank and ate dry food while walking when they were hungry.

They rushed to the nearest post station, Chu Xiaoyun took out his waist card and explained the reason, the station chief quickly sent a post envoy to Fangchuan County to deliver the letter, and another person went to the place where Chu Xiaoyun and the others went to guard the corpse, to prevent scare the people.

"Be careful when you go here. Those assassins are all outlaws, and I don't know if there is anyone who can respond to them." Chu Xiaoyun told the postmaster.

"Thank you, Detective Chu, for reminding us quickly, we will be careful." The station chief clasped his fists in thanks.

Leaving the post station, everyone hurried to Fangchuan County. That night, everyone stayed overnight at the post house in Fangchuan County, and reported the matter to the magistrate of Fangchuan County. On the second day, they were released in front of the Yamen, and finally arrived at the location of the government office, Qingzhou Prefecture.

After completing the check-in procedures at the post house, Chu Xiaoyun told Su Wen and Ran Gui to have dinner first, and he and Fang Lingfeng didn't have time to take a sip of water, so they hurried to the Gyeongju government office.

Chu Xiaoyun took off his waist badge and handed it over: "I'm waiting for the police from the Hejing county government to come to the government office to meet the magistrate because of the case of Gu Qingyun." Knowing their intentions, the government yamen said impatiently: "You don't want to go to the government office either

. Let's see what time it is now, the masters have already released the office, and come back at tomorrow's hour."

Chu Xiaoyun looked at the sundial at the door, and it was clear that the time for the office had not yet arrived, so he said kindly: "We are waiting for you. I'm in a hurry on official business, and I hope the concierge can inform me." The

government yamen squinted at him with drooping eyelids, and his tone became more and more impatient: "Which one of the county towns coming to the government office is not in a hurry? Now the time has passed, come back in line tomorrow. "

Chu Xiaoyun pressed the saber on his waist, this man's attitude really deserves a beating. But right now I have to ask for help from others, so I can only endure it.

"It's said that the King of Hades is easy to see, and the little devil is hard to deal with. These porters seem to have little power, but relying on the cheapness of the guards' notification, they often pretend to be powerful, and bring serious reputational impact to the Yamen and the court." Chu Xiaoyun couldn't help it. complain. "This situation should be rectified vigorously."

In the past, when I was in the county government, except for some difficulties when I first entered the job, because I was also a member of the government, I didn't feel much about it. After arresting the head, the county government often needed The people he dealt with respected him even more, and he didn't feel deeply about this kind of treatment. Today's encounter reminded him of the Zhihe Bookstore case last time, and this kind of thing is not unique to any yamen.

The government office is too high-level executives, and the Hejing county office can suggest a thing or two to the county magistrate if there is an opportunity.

Chu Xiaoyun thought a lot, looked up and saw Fang Lingfeng at the side, and then remembered that he was also a concierge, Chu Xiaoyun said embarrassedly, "I mean some of these scum." Fang Lingfeng held the sword and looked at him from beginning to

end Standing aside as if it had nothing to do with him. Hearing this, he said expressionlessly, "What does it have to do with me?"

Chu Xiaoyun choked again at what he said. This person is really, with cold field skills all over his body, he is very boring.

Fang Lingfeng glanced at the gate of the government office, and then looked at Chu Xiaoyun: "You don't want to pull out a penny, so he naturally refuses to talk to you." It turned out that

it was because he didn't pay any favors. After all, Chu Xiaoyun felt that his experience in the yamen of this era was too inexperienced, let alone Fang Lingfeng would mention him. But how did Fang Lingfeng know this situation so clearly? Chu Xiaoyun looked back.

Fang Lingfeng sneered and said, "I don't even like that bit of silver!"

...

My inner thoughts have been seen through, and it's still a little embarrassing to think about it. But being with this kind of weirdo with his own cool skills is usually awkward, so it's okay to be awkward at this time. Thinking of this, Chu Xiaoyun was no longer embarrassed.

Posthouses are official residences set up by the government. Meals need to be ordered in advance, and guests can cook as much as they need. Previously, Chu Xiaoyun thought that he would be able to see the magistrate today. It would take a lot of time to discuss the case, inquire and reproduce the dossier, and it probably wouldn't be in time to come back for dinner, so he and Fang Lingfeng didn't book a meal. Therefore, after the two left the government office, they did not go back directly to the post house, but found a wine shop facing the street to be the top.

The two of them sat at a table close to the door, firstly to breathe, and secondly, to see the prosperity and humanistic customs of the government office. After ordering two side dishes, Fang Lingfeng ordered a jug of wine, and the two began to eat and drink.

While eating, there was a burst of yelling and cursing: "Get out, get out! Where are you a beggar, you don't have money, what do you want to eat steamed buns!"

Chu Xiaoyun looked up and saw the restaurant next to the street restaurant In a shop that sells buns and steamed buns, Xiaoer is chasing a young man in ragged clothes with disheveled hair and half-hidden face.

Whether it is a beggar is not easy to identify.

"I, I have a penny."

The man tremblingly stretched out a skinny hand, holding a copper coin in his fingers.

Xiao Er covered his nose with one hand, picked up the tongs with the other and waved it at the beggar: "Who knows where your penny money came from, you can still use it as a penny even if you have a hole in it, you have a good idea! No! Sell ​​it or not."

When Chu Xiaoyun got up, Fang Lingfeng who was sitting outside had already got up and walked towards the bun shop. This strange person who always has nothing to do with himself, who treats everyone as if he owes him 800 yuan and doesn't get close to strangers, is he going to meddle in "nosy"?

The question marks in Chu Xiaoyun's head needed an answer. Seeing this scene, Chu Xiaoyun took his time to sit back in his seat. He wanted to see how the Fang concierge, who usually cherishes words like gold, would take care of this nosy matter.

Fang Lingfeng walked to the steamed stuffed bun shop, and stretched out his sword to block the tongs that Xiao Er swung over for the second time: "You think that a broken penny can't buy steamed buns, and if you don't sell them, you won't sell them. Why do you do it?" Never heard of Fang

Lingfeng Chu Xiaoyun's jaw almost dropped when he said so many words to people at once. In the past, he thought that this weird man with a paralyzed face was only loyal to the county magistrate and turned a blind eye to what happened to others. He never thought that this weird man had such a kind side. It seems that my prejudice should be put aside.

Seeing Fang Lingfeng, who was dressed in a strong outfit and imposing, the little girl unconsciously faltered. Reluctantly, he took back the tongs, but unwillingly argued: "He is dressed like this and stands in front of the small shop, how can a villain do business?"

Fang Lingfeng turned a deaf ear to it, and only asked: "How much is a steamed bun?"

Xiao Er was surprised Looking at Fang Lingfeng intently, he said truthfully, "Two steamed buns cost three cents, and steamed buns cost one penny." "

Six steamed buns, six steamed buns." Fang Lingfeng said.

"What?" Xiao Er thought she had heard wrong.

"Hurry up!" Fang Lingfeng's patience seemed to be running out.

"Oh, yes, yes." The little second-hand hurriedly picked up the lotus leaves, wrapped the buns and steamed buns, and handed them to Fang Lingfeng.

Fang Lingfeng signaled the beggar to take the lotus leaf bag from Xiao Er, took out ten coins from the purse and put it on the table beside him: "Don't look down on people from now on!"

Xiao Er was scolded face to face, but did not dare to return , Collected the copper coins, retreated to the side, and packed up some that were not.

The beggar thanked Fang Lingfeng repeatedly. Because I was holding too many things in my hand, the broken copper coin I was holding earlier fell to the ground and rolled away. Just rolled to the door of the restaurant.

Chu Xiaoyun got up and picked up the copper coin, took out two slings of money from the purse, walked towards the beggar, and when he reached the beggar's side, he handed over the broken copper coin together with the sling of money he had taken out. to the beggar. The beggar raised his head and said to Chu Xiaoyun: "Thank you, thank you brother! Just give me that penny."

Chu Xiaoyun thought in a polite way. This person should have a good family background before, how did he end up in such a situation. It's so impermanent, it's hard to say.

The beggar hesitated and wanted to reach out to take his penny, because he had two bags of steamed buns in his hands and had no free hands to take them. Chu Xiaoyun glanced at the other party, but there was no money bag around his waist. Immediately afterwards, I felt that it was strange for a beggar to have a bag of money in one fell swoop many times. Chu Xiaoyun thought about it again, and his eyes fell on the beggar's skirt. He pulled off the beggar's clothes and put the copper money into the beggar's arms.

When opening the other party's skirt, he accidentally saw a dark red birthmark shaped like a plum blossom on the beggar's left chest below the collarbone.

After staying in this era for a long time, seeing this dark red, imprint related to flowers appearing on the human body, Chu Xiaoyun has PTSD, and subconsciously thinks that the other party is Shuanger.

See no evil, see no evil. Chu Xiaoyun murmured in his heart that he now regretted pulling up the skirt of his clothes. He should have put the copper coins on the lotus leaf bag just now, but he thought of putting them in his arms because he was afraid that he would lose them or be snatched away. .

"Keep it away, it will be useful." Thinking of how impoverished he was when he first came to this era, Chu Xiaoyun can empathize with people who encounter this kind of plight without money. He also looked at the raised red mark on the beggar's hand where he was hit by the small second poker, "Go to the pharmacy and ask the guy to give you some medicine. It's not easy to get wet in these two days." With tears in his eyes, the beggar kept looking at him

. The two bowed: "Thank you, thank you two brothers."

The moment the beggar raised his head, the wind blew his hair that was scattered and covered his face to the sides, and Chu Xiaoyun saw the beggar's face. Although a little unkempt, the outline looks very handsome. If it weren't for being so down and down now, he would be a scholar. At the same time, he also saw clearly the center of each other's eyebrows, and there was no pregnancy mole that symbolized the twins.

It's a man!

Fortunately, it's not Shuang'er! Chu Xiaoyun secretly rejoiced.

But thinking of the handsome beggar who was knowledgeable about etiquette but ended up in such a situation, he couldn't help but sigh with emotion. The emotion was almost released, and Chu Xiaoyun felt belatedly that this person looked familiar, as if he had seen him somewhere before.

As a policeman in his previous life, he had the ability to recognize faces more sensitively than ordinary people, but just now he patronized and sighed, and forgot about it for a while. Chu Xiaoyun wanted to confirm with the other party again that the beggar had disappeared on the streets of Qingzhou Prefecture where people came and went.

"What's wrong?" Seeing Chu Xiaoyun looking around nervously, Fang Lingfeng thought something was wrong.

Chu Xiaoyun said: "Why do I feel that the beggar just now looks familiar, I seem to have seen it somewhere." It turned out that it

had nothing to do with the killer, Fang Lingfeng suddenly lost interest, turned around and walked back to his place to continue eating.

Chu Xiaoyun didn't find anyone, so he returned to his seat with a puzzled face, and sat down opposite Fang Lingfeng: "Brother Fang, have you seen this person?" Fang Lingfeng said lightly, "I have no impression." It seems that I haven't seen him

recently

. But, Chu Xiaoyun thought. But I haven't traveled for a long time, and I have only experienced so much. I didn't have the opportunity to meet a scholar before.

"Perhaps Chu has forgotten about it." Chu Xiaoyun said.