Chapter 135

After getting off the boat, Wei Tang naturally wanted to go home, Chu Xiaoyun looked at the county town in the distance. According to the psychology of travelers who miss home, they will naturally choose the shortest way back.

Then follow the shortest way back to the county, Chu Xiaoyun waved his hand to let everyone follow.

"Pay attention to the situation along the way and see if you find anything." Chu Xiaoyun urged.

After so many days, I don't know if any clues can be found.

However, Chu Xiaoyun looked up at the scorching sun in the sky. This summer is dry, and it hasn't rained for so long. If there are any traces left, they should not be destroyed. That should be the only benefit of the drought this year.

Chu Xiaoyun led the policemen along the planned road, and along the way, they were all farmland, and they rarely saw people. Chu Xiaoyun asked strangely: "This place is so close to the county seat, why are there so few people?"

The old catcher next to him quickly said, "I don't know what the head catcher is. This is the property of several big families in the county seat, except for the tenants who take care of the farm tools. Naturally, no one lives there. Where people live over there is the people's own land." "

I see." Although I have traveled to this era for more than a year, I still have a lot of knowledge to learn.

When approaching the county seat, a few farmers came from the next door carrying buckets, talking while walking, the open field was unobstructed, and the warm wind carried the sound of their conversation well.

"That family doesn't know what they are doing. In this severe drought, they still clean up the yard so that it is spotless." Someone said.

"No, how much water would it take? Wouldn't it be good to pour it into the fields? It hurts me to see it." The person next to him answered.

"Although the weather is dry, the Red River has not stopped flowing over there." Another person laughed.

"It doesn't take much effort to carry the water?" the person who spoke first asked.

"That's right, I just swiped once a few days ago, and I'm swiping again today, I really have no strength to use." The person who answered the conversation said humanely.

The farmers were talking, and when they saw Chu Xiaoyun and the others, they stopped talking and looked at them curiously.

Chu Xiaoyun greeted them kindly: "Fellows, are you carrying water from the river?"

Someone among the farmers answered: "No. It's a severe drought today, and I don't know when it will rain. People can still endure it, but this rice can't. Once the farming season is delayed, the year's harvest will be ruined. No, I have to carry water." Looking at their sweaty faces,

Chu Xiaoyun was very distressed and couldn't help asking : "Has the government ditches not been repaired yet? Carrying water like this, how many loads can there be water in the fields."

"Government ditches?" I don't know how long it will take to get there."

Another person said: "It's not much to pour a load of water into the field, but it's still a burden. Otherwise, what should I do?"

Saying goodbye to those farmers who carried water, Chu Xiaoyun I took the people forward for a while, but still found nothing. If we go any further, we will enter the city, Chu Xiaoyun thought about it, and took the people back for another walk.

This time, I took another road that was a little farther away, which was the road that the farmers who had encountered carrying water had taken. I also passed by the house that the farmers said had cleaned the yard very well.

They all ran back and forth like this, and there was still water in the low-lying areas of that family's yard. I really don't know how much water was used to clean the yard.

Although this family is not far from the Red River, it is still very laborious to carry water. Chu Xiaoyun shook his head, somewhat agreeing with what the farmers said just now.

"Buzz, buzz..." A sound of mosquitoes and flies rang in Chu Xiaoyun's ears. Before Chu Xiaoyun realized it, he struck out and killed two of them with one slap.

"Why are there mosquitoes under the sun at noon?" Chu Xiaoyun said to himself, and then said to the police behind him, "Let's go, hurry up and finish this road.

" , It's okay if the weather is hot, but it's even more uncomfortable to feed mosquitoes.

Standing by the Red River again, a subordinate asked: "Boss, I still haven't found anything, what should I do? There are so many fields here, should we go one by one?" Chu Xiaoyun looked at the fields full of fields, and the subordinate asked the same thing

. It doesn't make sense. He looked at the county town in the distance: "It's not necessary to walk along the field ridges one by one, as long as the field ridges with roads are enough. In the dark night, it is impossible for Weitang to leave a good road and go to the field ridges. "

As he spoke, he said to himself: "I don't know if Wei Tang disappeared during this section of the road, or if he disappeared after entering the county."

Who knows about this. The policemen looked at each other, but no one said anything.

Chu Xiaoyun said: "Let's go, let's take the next road when we go back this time."

If the paths that Chu Xiaoyun and the others walked three times are divided according to the left, middle and right, the path taken for the first time is the path on the left. The second time you walk is the middle road, and the last time you walk this time is the right road.

The road on the left forms an angle with the road in the middle, and if you don't go far, you have to pass the house that is cleaned very well. The last time I walked on the left of that family, this time I walked on the right of that family.

When passing by that family, Chu Xiaoyun was unlucky to be attacked by mosquitoes again. He slapped down and killed two more. Seeing the blood on his hands, Chu Xiaoyun frowned.

"Capture the head?"

Seeing Chu Xiaoyun stop, the rest of the arresters also stopped. As soon as it stopped, it was attacked by more mosquitoes. While waving their sleeves to chase away mosquitoes, the policemen looked at Chu Xiaoyun suspiciously.

Chu Xiaoyun looked at the dead mosquito on his palm and the blood around him and said, "Do you think there are too many mosquitoes and flies here?"

Chu Xiaoyun shook his hand and pointed to the courtyard of that family Flies circling: "It stands to reason that this family loves cleaning so much, and they have to wash the yard with water in this severe drought. How could there be so many mosquitoes and flies?" The

policemen looked at each other in blank dismay.

Chu Xiaoyun suddenly thought of something: "Quickly, show me Deng Fei's statement." The

clerk beside him hurriedly took out Deng Fei's statement from his arms and handed it over. Chu Xiaoyun carefully searched for the information he needed in the statement, and soon found the record about the time.

When Deng Fei came to report to the official before, he ignored one point. According to what Deng Fei said when the two got off the boat, the gate of the county town should have been closed.

Weitang cannot enter the county seat!

If Wei Tang couldn't enter the county seat, then the scope of his disappearance would only be the distance between the place where the two bid farewell to the gate of the county seat.

This range has narrowed again.

Moreover, since the city gate cannot be entered, it is bound to find a place to stay overnight.

Chu Xiaoyun put away Deng Fei's statement and looked at the yard in front of him. The buzzing of mosquitoes around his ears seemed to be telling something.

Chu Xiaoyun waved his hand: "Go in and have a look."

The subordinates asked strangely, "Are you going here? A farmhouse, what's there to see?"

Chu Xiaoyun said: "In this severe drought, there is a field around here, lack of trees, and this family is so clean, it is reasonable that there are very few mosquitoes and flies. But the fact is the opposite, there are mosquitoes and flies here. Swarms. Recalling that we have not been bitten by any mosquitoes along the way, but we have been besieged by mosquitoes many times when we arrived here. Why is this?" "

This family's yard is so clean, and the house must not be worse." A The policeman suddenly realized, "Could it be that there is something underground that attracts mosquitoes and flies?"

The policemen looked at each other in blank dismay. Someone boldly said: "Wei Tang?"

Everyone gasped.

"Then this family is flushing the yard with water, are they washing the blood?" another policeman said quickly.

Chu Xiaoyun's face was livid, and he wiped the hand that slapped the mosquito blood on the soapy clothes: "Go and have a look and you'll know." If in modern society, there are

laboratory equipment, it is possible to test the mosquito in the palm of his hand. The blood of the two mosquitoes can be compared and the results can be obtained. It's a pity that this was in ancient times when technology was far from that level.

Chu Xiaoyun led the policemen down the forked road ahead, and pushed away the firewood gate in that family's yard. Standing in the yard and looking at the yard, you have a different perspective than standing on the field ridge to look at the yard, and you can see everywhere more carefully.

Chu Xiaoyun scanned the yard around, and he also identified the source of the mosquitoes.

"Is anyone there?" Chu Xiaoyun shouted into the house after looking at the farmyard.

An old man dressed as a farmer came out of the house, and when he saw Chu Xiaoyun and his party, he hurried up to greet him: "These servants... I don't know what's the matter with you servants coming to the humble house?"

Chu Xiaoyun heard the farmer's voice, and he will Looking back at the courtyard, he looked at the person in front of him: "Are you the owner of this family?"

"The villain is right." The old farmer replied respectfully.

Chu Xiaoyun glanced at the yard again: "Your yard is very clean, and it's still flushed with water in this severe drought." "

The weather is too hot, and there is a sick person at home who can't stand the heat. The big family can use ice cubes, so they can only go to the river to fetch water and sprinkle it to cool off a little." Hearing

Chu Xiaoyun's question, the old farmer's expression changed slightly, and he quickly returned to normal. But the slight change in expression at that moment was still captured by Chu Xiaoyun.

"Really." Chu Xiaoyun smiled, "Can we go in and visit the patient?"

"This..." the old farmer hesitated.

"Why, could it be that the patient is a young daughter-in-law who just gave birth?" Chu Xiaoyun asked.

"That's right." The old farmer panicked, "The messenger insists on seeing him, so please come with the little old man."

Before entering the house with the old farmer, Chu Xiaoyun pointed his eyes at the bamboo clump on the left side of the house. The policeman who stayed behind understood what Chu Xiaoyun meant, and after Chu Xiaoyun went in with the old farmer, he found a few hoes from the farmer's house and walked towards the clump of bamboo in the corner of the house.

Following the old farmer into the house, Chu Xiaoyun saw a person with a sallow face lying on the bed in the house. But on such a summer day, the patient was covered with a thick quilt and a hat.

"Didn't it mean that the patient is afraid of the heat? Why is the cover so thick? Wearing a hat?" Chu Xiaoyun asked.

"This... the doctor said, to protect against heat and wind, the old farmer said.

Chu Xiaoyun didn't care about his words, because at this moment he saw a section of gauze exposed from the raised corner of the quilt.

This is the only treatment needed for trauma. Seeing this, Chu Xiaoyun stretched out his hand to uncover the patient's quilt. The old farmer at the side stopped him again: "Master, why is this?"

"Let me take a look at this injury." Chu Xiaoyun said as he lifted the quilt.

The old farmer murmured and explained: "The dog went up the mountain to collect firewood a few days ago, and accidentally fell down the hillside, so his leg was injured."

Chu Xiaoyun looked at the gauze on the lying patient's leg, stretched out his hand to pull. Whether it was a knife wound or a fall, you can tell at a glance.