Chapter 81

After Chu Xiaoyun left Zhou's house, he took the money bag entrusted to him by Gu Yuanwai from his waist in the morning, twirled it in his hand a few times, and decided to go to Gu's house to return the property to the original owner, and then go to the Zhuang Mansion to supervise the work. I looked up at the sun, it was already noon, I rubbed my stomach, I was already hungry. Zhou's house is much closer to Gu's house than to go back to the county government. Chu Xiaoyun decided to find a small stall on the street for lunch and deal with it.

Through a few alleys, it is the main street. Chu Xiaoyun sat down at a wonton stall, and said to the boss: "Here is a bowl of wontons, don't cook them too soft." "

Okay." The boss replied, "Chu Tutou, wait a moment, you still have two bowls ahead of you. , it's your turn."

"Okay, no problem." Chu Xiaoyun replied, putting his saber on the table.

When it was time for the wontons to come out of the pot, Chu Xiaoyun looked around boredly. Looking at the numerous shops on both sides, the endless stream of people on the street, and the vendors yelling for business, this kind of prosperity contains a peaceful life, which gave him a sense of accomplishment of being successful in guarding.

"Aunt Qian, I saw that woman who was kicked out by the Gu family went to your house in the morning, what was she doing at your house?" A sentence of conversation suddenly came to the ears of Chu Xiaoyun who was looking around. The word Gu family in the words caught Chu Xiaoyun's attention.

The woman who was kicked out by the Gu family? Chu Xiaoyun thought, are you talking about Zhou Ying? He couldn't help pricking up his ears.

"Don't say it, it's so early in the morning, it's really bad luck! Doesn't my family have a vacant house to rent out? She's here to rent out the house." The person called Aunt Qian who bought vegetables at the vegetable stall next to the wonton stall replied with a basket on her shoulders. road. After answering, he clasped his hands together and murmured, "Ah, Bodhisattvas and Buddhas of all walks of life, my old lady and my family are clean and self-sufficient. Don't let this bad luck contaminate my family." "Ah, why is she so embarrassed to come out and show off?

" Exclaimed in disbelief, "You didn't rent it to her, did you?"

"Who dares to rent a house to a woman who has been defiled and divorced by her husband's family? Isn't that asking for bad luck!" Aunt Qian hurriedly bowed to the sky again.

"Then has she rented a house?" the vegetable vendor asked.

Aunt Qian shook her head contemptuously: "Anyway, no one rents a house to her on our street." "

Ah, their Zhou family's house will be confiscated by the government. If they can't rent a house, where will she live?" The crowd of vendors next to her They all started to gossip.

"Yeah, she's still very pitiful. Think about how much Young Master Gu doted on her in the past. It's really up to the sky and down to the ground!" It sounds like the talking aunt seems to be very pitiful to Zhou Ying.

"Then you rent your house to her. Don't you also have a house to rent out?" Someone booed.

"Forget about it. My daughter is not married yet, so don't learn from it." The aunt who pitied Zhou Ying earlier said, "Besides, she offended the Gu family. The Gu family used to be in the surrounding states, not to mention our Hejing county." County, those are all big families who are second to none, who would make trouble with the Gu family, go and help her."

Aunt Qian curled her lips: "We ordinary people can't afford this kind of thing. After leaving, I have to go back and help her." The old man is cooking."

A person next to him said: "Don't eat too much at noon, Gu's family will hold a flowing water banquet tonight to entertain all the people in the city. I have seen a lot of chickens, ducks and pork being transported into Gu's house. The ostentation is really very angry. Go eat at his house with your stomach full!"

"Really? I don't know about this yet." Aunt Qian said pleasantly, "Then I have to inform my relatives in the suburbs. The Gu family is always generous in giving. Now to welcome Young Master Gu back home, this banquet must be very rich. Let's go."

Aunt Qian walked away with a smile, and the crowd dispersed.

At this time, the owner of the wonton shop also brought up Chu Xiaoyun's wontons: "Chu catcher, take your time."

Chu Xiaoyun stopped the owner of the wonton shop: "The Gu family is hosting a banquet for the whole city today?" "

Yes Ah. Catcher Chu, don't you know?" The owner of the Wonton Shop said excitedly, "I'm going to go out to see the excitement at this stall today."

Chu Xiaoyun was incredulous: "The servants of the Gu family don't Are they all dismissed? Where do people come to do these things? Besides, there are so many people in the city, if they really want to go, can their family invite them over?" The owner of the wonton shop smiled and said: "Young master Gu regaining his freedom is a certainty

. , the Gu family began to recruit people back one after another. The streets in front of and behind the Gu mansion are all the property of the Gu family; it can even be said that the entire east city of Hejing County is almost all the property of the Gu family. In the past, more than half of the people in our county It was relying on the Gu family to eat. Later, something happened to Young Master Gu, and the Gu family's business shrank, giving up a lot of property. But it's okay to have a running banquet like a thief. Every time the Gu family engages in such a big ostentation, the streets near the mansion Every household in the city is a helper, and every household is a place to host a banquet. In the past, when Young Master Gu got married, the Gu family also hosted a banquet to entertain the whole city. This is not a problem at all." Although Hejing County is only a county seat,

but It is located in an important water and land transportation route, and it is a relatively prosperous county. According to Chu Xiaoyun's understanding of Hejing County after working in the arresting house for so long, the population of Hejing County is about 80,000, which is not a small-scale county in modern society. Even if not all the people in the county go, but people from the suburbs and the countryside may also come to the city for this purpose. For example, Aunt Qian just now was going to inform her relatives in the suburbs of the city that the actual number of people dining should be quite a bit more. It can accommodate nearly 100,000 people to eat at the same time. If this kind of mobilization and cooperation ability is put into modern times...

No, it would be even more terrifying in the era when division of labor and cooperation were not so popular in ancient times!

It is said that it is impossible to allow others to snore and sleep on the side of the couch. No matter who the superior is, such ability is a thorn in the side and a thorn in the flesh of those in power. Not to mention anything else, assuming that he is the one in power, if such ability cannot be completely controlled by himself, it is absolutely intolerable. He still remembered Shen Wansan, the richest man in the Ming Dynasty who he knew from history books in the modern society. What is the reliance of the Gu family to make such a high-profile publicity? Are you not afraid of getting burned?

Chu Xiaoyun felt that even if he didn't pay back the money bag, he still had to visit the scene.

Thinking of this shocking fact, as a policeman in his previous life, Chu Xiaoyun, who had always established a sense of stability in his heart, could no longer eat with peace of mind. Looking at the people around them, they still looked beaming, unaware of all the possibilities that might be hidden in the potential storm.

Chu Xiaoyun absentmindedly ate a few mouthfuls, paid the money and hurried to Gu's house.

Not more than a month later, Chu Xiaoyun came to the Gu family mansion again, and the scene he saw was completely different from Xiao Se when he came last time. Every household on both sides of the street hung red lanterns and long strings of lanterns. There were traces of firecrackers set off in front of many houses, and some children were lighting firecrackers with small firecrackers. Every household, old and young, is full of festive atmosphere, and congratulates each other when they meet. If Chu Xiaoyun hadn't remembered the time, he would have thought it was the Spring Festival.

The entrance of Gu's house is even more crowded, and there is an endless stream of people who come to ask for a lottery. The street where Gu's house is located is busier than the busiest commercial street in Hejing County where he had dinner just now.

Such a huge contrast, if Chu Xiaoyun hadn't witnessed it with his own eyes, Chu Xiaoyun would never have believed that all of this was true. But in just one month, it is simply incredible.

Chu Xiaoyun stepped forward and said to the servant at the door: "Chu Xiaoyun, the house arrester in Hejing County, is visiting, please inform me."

When the servant at the door saw Chu Xiaoyun, he showed a warm smile on his face: "Chu Tutou is our young master's great benefactor. Our master and young master have ordered that Chu Tutou visit without notification. Please follow me in."

I didn't expect that I could still have such a face in the rich and powerful Gu's family. If it doesn't work at all, it's impossible.

Stepping into the Gu Mansion again, it was obviously not the first time, but Chu Xiaoyun felt as if he had come to a completely unfamiliar house. The haze that shrouded the house at the beginning has completely disappeared, and the house is brightly lit; there is no smell of candlelight and paper money, and there is no longer the lingering Sanskrit music.

Chu Xiaoyun was shocked by the scene in front of him and stopped. A figure came forward to greet him: "Chu Butou, why are you standing here? Please follow me to the main hall."

Then he lightly reprimanded the servant who led the way: "Why do you neglect Chu Butou so much?"

The servant who led the way bowed his head and stood back Aside: "Little one..."

The person who came up to him was Gu Qingyun. Hearing Gu Qingyun's reprimand, Chu Xiaoyun said with a smile: "The mansion is so grand, I'm fascinated by it. It's none of my business."

Gu Qingyun bowed his hands and saluted: "Captain Chu, why don't you let anyone tell you that you're here? In a word, I will send a car to pick you up. The servants who go to the county government to submit a post will not do anything."

Chu Xiaoyun was a little puzzled, but he didn't have time to think deeply, and his attention was caught by Gu Qingyun's wrist. The blood oozing from the gauze wrapped around her was attracted.

"Young Master Gu...why are you still bleeding?" Today can be said to be Gu Qingyun's happy day, and it is a bit unpleasant to mention the injuries he suffered in the prison, but Gu Qingyun has recuperated in the county government for so long. The Gu family will definitely have top-notch medical care. Why did the wound open instead?

Gu Qingyun took a look at his arched hand and put it down. The wide sleeves covered the wound on his wrist. Gu Qingyun said casually: "It's okay, it's okay. I came back yesterday to meet the elders of the clan. Dear Cha Tai Too many, maybe I'm tired."

"Then you should do less activities recently." Chu Xiaoyun warned, "Don't leave any hidden dangers behind."

"Thank you, Catcher Chu, for your concern." Gu Qingyun hid his hands in his sleeves, He gestured in the main hall, "Boss Chu, please come inside."

Chu Xiaoyun waved his hand quickly: "I'm very busy now, so I won't sit down. I'm here to visit your father, and I need Mr. Lao Gu to help pass the word on." "

"Well... is there something so urgent that you can't go later? The county magistrate and Lord Bo will come soon..." Gu Qingyun said.

The Gu family also invited the magistrate to come? There are so many things going on today, it's really messy. However, Chu Xiaoyun didn't have time to digest this when Yu He was busy in the Zhuang Mansion by himself and was still waiting for him to sign. He said to Gu Qingyun: "Zhuang Di has absconded, and the property in the mansion is still waiting for me to count. I have to ask Mr. Gu to help you please your lord." "Brother

Zhuang and I... Zhuang Di, originally thought that Boya Zi But I never thought about it..." Gu Qingyun was quite sad when he heard Chu Xiaoyun said that he was going to investigate the Zhuang Mansion, "Since Butou Chu has official duties, Gu will not force him to stay. My father greets guests in the main hall , I will ask the servant to take you to the flower hall. I will invite father."

"Don't think too much, Mr. Gu, it's not your fault." Chu Xiaoyun comforted.

"Hey——" Gu Qingyun let out a long sigh, with all his intentions said, "Chu Butou, please wait a moment."

The author has something to say: :41:51 During the period, I voted for the overlord or the little angel of the irrigation nutrient solution~

Thanks to the little angel of the irrigation nutrient solution: Qian.21 4 bottles;

Thank you very much for your support, I will continue to work hard!