Chapter 55

five years ago.

Seeing the back of Zhou Sheng leaving, Mrs. Gu hesitated for a moment and asked: "Master, have you really considered it?"

Member Gu said: "Our Gu Zhou family has always been friendly, and the two children are married by fingertips. Because the Zhou family regretted their marriage today when their family was in decline. My Gu family has always advocated obedience to morality, so how can I just ignore it when it's my turn. Besides, we have an obligation to take care of his child after the death of a close friend. Zhou Ying's child is educated and sensible. Well, I think she is just right for our Yun'er."

Mrs. Gu sighed: "Alright, master, you are the one who decides."

A few days later, Gu Qingyun fulfilled the marriage contract of his father's generation, and married Zhou Ying with a lot of red makeup. The Gu family did not dislike the Zhou family's fulfillment of their marriage contract, and the tortuous love between Gu Qingyun and Zhou Ying, a talented man and a beautiful woman, became a good story in Hejing County for a while.

At the beginning of the marriage, the young couple was very happy and happy. However, with Zhou Sheng's several comebacks all ended in failure, conflicts gradually arose between the young couple.

"My husband..."

Seeing his wife's hesitation to speak, Gu Qingyun, who was doing accounts, stopped the pen in his hand, and said with a smile: "You and I are already husband and wife, so you may as well speak directly if you have something to do."

Zhou Ying coyly Cai said: "Brother made a deal, and originally negotiated the price with the seller, who knows that the recent heavy rain has caused the price of the goods to rise a lot overnight, the seller refused to sell at the original price, but the seller is waiting to ask for the goods. This is a change of hands It would be a pity if you don't do a business that can make you money."

Gu Qingyun said with a smile: "It turns out that my brother-in-law has something to do, we are already relatives, this job must be busy. How much money do you need?"

Zhou Ying hesitated and stretched out a hand: "Five, five taels..."

"I thought it was how much it would cost. With this little money, you and my wife have nothing to say." Gu Qingyun looked at his beautiful daughter-in-law Zhile, and immediately took five taels of silver from the brocade box on the side and handed it to Zhou. Ying, "Hurry up and send it to my brother, so that he can solve his urgent needs earlier." "

My husband, you are so kind." Zhou Ying stood on tiptoe, kissed the corner of Gu Qingyun's mouth, and ran away shyly.

Gu Qingyun touched his cheek kissed by his wife, and he didn't recover for a long time. People walked a long way before touching the place where they were kissed and giggling.

Not long after, Zhou Ying found Gu Qingyun again: "Husband, my brother wants to start a business, but he has no cash on hand. Can my husband help me out? He will return it after a while." Didn't the last

business make money? , why did you run out of cash so quickly? Although Gu Qingyun was puzzled, thinking that businessmen always have some unexpected needs, he asked: "I wonder how much brother is short?" Zhou

Ying said: "Ten taels of silver."

A lot?"

Zhou Ying pouted and said: "Sister, are you worried?"

Gu Qingyun hurriedly said after hearing this: "No, it's just that my brother doesn't know what kind of business to do, can I help you refer to it?" "

Brother is a strong person. He would rather not do business, and he doesn't want to mention it to me..." Zhou Ying covered her face and swallowed hard.

Seeing his daughter-in-law's expression like this, Gu Qingyun asked someone to take ten taels of silver from the warehouse to Zhou Ying, and explained: "It is also because of our relationship that we asked each other. Madam, don't worry, the silver is here, take it. "

The husband is the best." Zhou Ying gave Gu Qingyun a big hug, and Gu Qingyun couldn't help but laugh.

Some time passed.

Zhou Ying stumbled into Gu Qingyun's study: "Husband, brother, the goods for this business were seized by the government at the Gyeongju Wharf due to incomplete government procedures, and I need some money to settle the relationship. My sister-in-law just gave birth to a baby, and the family The expenses are really high..."

"I told my elder brother before that we can't do business that crosses the border, and we can't take advantage of loopholes in order to save money, so as not to lose the big because of small things. My brother just doesn't listen." Gu Qingyun frowned. brow.

"What's the use of talking about it now. If you don't go to deal with it, the cargo will be seized, and my brother will lose everything, and people will be chasing debts everywhere." Zhou Ying said urgently.

"You take this money for emergencies, but you must tell your brother that you can't do these outrageous businesses in the future." Gu Qingyun asked the accountant to fetch the money and hand it to Zhou Ying.

"Thank you, husband." Zhou Ying took the money and said as she walked out.

Gu Qingyun shook his head helplessly.

After calming down for a few days, Gu Qingyun took money from the family, holding the brocade box in the bedroom, watching that most of the money in it disappeared within a day. Feeling that the family didn't seem to have any big expenses in the past two days, he turned his head and asked his wife who was doing her makeup in front of the dressing table: "Ma'am, has there been any big expenses at home in the past few days? What happened to the money in this brocade box?" Are you missing so much?"

Zhou Ying waved the maid who was serving her to comb her hair to go out, and said after the maid went out, "Yesterday my brother came over and said that a shop in the food street was about to change hands. As long as you take it down, whether you rent it out or start your own business, it's a sure-fire business. He wanted to take it down, but his hands were a little tight, so he came to us to borrow some. You were not at home yesterday, so I did it myself Lord."

Gu Qingyun closed the brocade box, calmed down and said: "Madam, I have no objection to lending money to brother. But we have lent him money so many times, has he ever paid it back?"

"What does my husband mean by this? Is he afraid that my brother will not return your money? Didn't he already return the five taels of silver he borrowed earlier?" Zhou Ying felt greatly wronged.

"Okay, that's what I said was not rigorous. Apart from repaying five taels of silver intermittently, brother, how did you ever repay the money you borrowed so many times?" Gu Qingyun asked back.

Zhou Ying took out two taels of silver from his cuff and threw it to Gu Qingyun: "Brother came to me yesterday and told me that he made some silver. Although it was not much, he must pay back our money first." "He will pay you back.

" Two taels of silver, I will take twenty taels of silver from you. He knows how to do this business." Gu Qingyun looked at the two taels of silver that he subconsciously caught, and said angrily.

"Why do you treat my elder brother like this? You know, when I was ten years old, I accidentally fell into the river. If my elder brother hadn't tried to rescue me regardless of the danger, Zhou Ying... Zhou Ying would have been a water ghost in the river long ago." Zhou Ying said. Started to sob.

"..." Gu Qingyun couldn't bear to blame his wife Lihua in the rain, "Okay, this is only one time, next time if my brother comes to ask you to borrow money again, you ask him to come to me." In the middle of borrowing money like

this I don't know how many times it happened. One day, Gu Qingyun wanted to go out to discuss business, so he said to the shopkeeper he hired next to him: "Shopkeeper Wu, take that money with you, we are going to discuss this business today, and there are several other employees who are also competing with us. The other party asked The money and the goods must be cleared, and we must prepare the money when we go. In case the business is negotiated, if the money is not enough, someone will take it first."

Wu shopkeeper turned the abacus and replied: "The young lady took part of the money . , Said it was an urgent need at home. There is not enough cash now."

"What? When did it happen? What is the urgent need at home? Why don't I know?"

"It was not long before you came here. What is the urgent need at home... Here, she is the young wife and the owner, and I am a hired shopkeeper. It is not easy to ask." Shopkeeper Wu murmured.

Gu Qingyun was so angry that he turned around twice: "Hurry up, call someone to go to the bank and take out a sum of money. Let's go to the Yihe Mountain Villa to discuss business first, and let the guy who withdraws the money send the money directly to the Yihe Mountain Villa Be quick! Without my written order, you are not allowed to give money to Madam casually." "

Yes, I will do it right away." Shopkeeper Wu hurriedly said after seeing that his usually good-tempered boss lost his temper.

Gu Qingyun can't remember how many times he quarreled with his wife because of borrowing money, but his wife always insisted on going her own way, which hurt him very much. Now that the Spring Festival is approaching again, according to the practice of taking care of the family, the monthly money and festival expenses of this month of the Spring Festival are wrapped in red silk cloth, and the boss personally distributes them to the hands of the guys to show the festive and the boss treats everyone Guy's blessing. Previously, this was all done by Gu Yuanwai, but now that Gu Yuanwai has watched his son grow up, he has become more and more responsible. This year, the matter of distributing the monthly money for the Spring Festival to the guys is left to Gu Qingyun.

Gu Qingyun asked the cashier to pay out the money in advance, and prepared to bag it the next day.

The next day, he took down a copper stove from the shelf in his study, only to find that the fifty taels of silver he had put in it yesterday had disappeared. Gu's mansion dare not say that its walls are iron and steel, but Jian's mansion has not been stolen so far. Gu Qingyun suddenly had bad thoughts in his mind.

He stepped out of the study and was about to go to the bedroom to look for his wife. When he turned around the corridor, he saw his wife returning from outside with her maid.

Gu Qingyun walked towards the gate, stopped his wife, turned away the maid, and asked as restrained as possible: "Have you ever seen the fifty taels of silver I put in the copper stove in the study?" "Ah? What kind of

silver, I have never seen it before." " Zhou Ying looked dodgy, "Did you put it somewhere else? Don't ask me everything. Besides, why don't you put it in the cash drawer if you have money?"

Gu Qingyun stared at his wife: "Why don't I put the silver in the cash drawer? Don't you understand? I obviously put the silver in the copper furnace, and I never let outsiders enter my study. Maybe it has long legs and ran away?" ? That money is what my dad asked me to use to distribute the monthly money for the Spring Festival to the shopkeepers and guys in various shops. You really didn't see it?" "No."

Zhou Ying concealed, "How do I know what's going on."

Gu Qingyun glanced suspiciously at Zhou Ying's dusty appearance: "Where did you go this early in the morning? Did you give the money to your useless brother again?" "What's wrong with you

? Suspicion? After you ordered me, I have to talk nicely to your accountant and steward for every penny. Why, now I don't even have the right to go out. Do I have to talk to your doorkeeper when I go out in the future? Report? It's fine if you insult me, why are you talking about my brother? My brother is not here, so he can provoke you?" Zhou Ying fought back not to be outdone.

"I have never lost anything since I built my house. Well, I won't talk about it. If you want to spend such a large sum of money to go out, shouldn't you tell me?" "You are so funny.

You I don't know if Gu's mansion has lost anything since it was established, and what does it have to do with me? You came to question me when you misplaced and lost money!" Zhou Ying became more and more annoyed as she spoke, "I am the young lady of Gu's mansion, it's you The Gu family's Ming media is getting married, and the eight-carrying sedan chair is brought in. I didn't follow me. But how did your Gu family treat me, the future mistress? As long as I have the status of master in your family, I won't be in today's situation "

Gu Qingyun shook his head angrily: "Yes, yes, you see, you take your Gu family one by one, do you regard the Gu family as your home? Do you regard us as your family? Our Gu family does not regard you as the master, Is it short for you to eat or short for you to wear? Are you not afraid of ignoring your conscience when you say this?" "

My young lady would have to speak nicely to one of your housekeeper's servants if I spent a penny, what do you think? If I go out, others will laugh my ass off! How dare you call me ignorant of my conscience?" Zhou Ying sneered.

"Yun'er, what's going on. There was a lot of noise early in the morning." Mrs. Gu and Mr. Gu came over when they heard the quarrel, and said to Gu Qingyun, "Think about whether the money was put somewhere else "

Then he turned to Zhou Ying and said, "If you take it, just tell me, it's all a family, and it's not good to let the servants see it because of such a small amount of money." "Yo,

for fifty taels of silver, a Everyone is on the move. Don't you think I took it? Why are you so pretentious? It's all because of you if the servant sees it. What does it have to do with me!" Zhou Ying sneered, "Did you see that? , your parents guard me against thieves every day, I really don't know what evil I did in my last life to marry into your Gu family!" "Slap——"

A slap landed on Zhou Ying's face, hitting Zhou Ying hard. Ying was immediately stunned.

"You, you dare to hit me?" Zhou Ying covered her face and looked at Gu Qingyun in disbelief.

"That's all you need to say about me. How can you slander my parents who treat you like their own daughter? If my father hadn't insisted, our engagement would have broken up long ago!" Gu Qingyun was very angry.

"I can see it. Your family fulfilled the marriage contract at the beginning just to earn a good reputation in front of the world. How much benefit did your family get from this reputation? Why, now that the business has grown, you want to cross the river and tear it down, right? ? Okay, I'll go! Let's see how long your Gu family can be prosperous!" Zhou Ying turned her head and left.

"These two children, why are they arguing like this. Yun'er, hurry up and chase after them!" Mother Gu said anxiously.

Gu Qingyun's original apology was aroused by Zhou Ying's curse, and he couldn't help shouting: "Go, let her go, it's better to die outside!"