Chapter 122

A group of people rushed to the hawker's bun shop, but the door of the bun shop was closed. Compared with the surrounding shops full of guests, it looked very deserted.

It was closed!

"Is this... running away?" Some policemen asked when they saw him.

"This... The bun shop usually does business in the morning and during the day. Who eats buns at night." The centurion looked at the scene in front of him and explained awkwardly.

Chu Xiaoyun stood in front of the store and looked around: "The location of this store is so good, the rent is not cheap, right? Wouldn't it be a waste if you don't do it at night?" A group of them came over in a big

way , It has long attracted the attention of the people on the street and the businesses passing by. Seeing them stop in front of a steamed stuffed bun shop, many people on the street and nearby vendors looked over and stopped to watch. The owner of a nearby wonton shop heard their conversation, and said, "That's not true, the rent is expensive, and we all want to be busy twelve hours a day." After hearing this, Chu Xiaoyun asked, "Then you know the shop next door?

" Why doesn't the steamed stuffed bun shop do business at night?"

The owner of the wonton shop said: "Do it, who says not to do it. His family sells steamed stuffed buns during the day and roast meat at night, which is better than ours. We usually do it at the end of the Xu Dynasty. , They are often still busy at midnight and midnight."

"So long? Who will come to eat supper so late?" Chu Xiaoyun said, "Then do you know why their family is not doing business tonight?"

" This is not clear, I forgot something a few times and came back to pick it up, and saw that they were still open for business." No matter how stupid the owner of the Wonton Shop heard this, he could hear something, and pouted carefully, " His house was closed this morning. Sir, what happened to this shop?" "

Yes, it was closed in the morning." The owner of a noodle shop next to him also echoed. Hearing the question from the owner of the wonton shop, he listened with bated breath and stopped talking.

"Closed in the morning?" Chu Xiaoyun was quite surprised, and thought for a moment before continuing to ask, "Then their house opened this morning? Do you know why they closed suddenly?" The owner of the wonton shop said sincerely:

" I opened the door in the morning, but I didn't know what happened afterwards. It didn't take long to say that the family is in a hurry today, so I won't do business. I didn't see anyone coming. When I was outside the store, there were still many people who wanted to buy steamed buns, and they all said they would not sell them. Those who came to buy buns were unhappy and refused to leave. They yelled at him and asked him what was the matter. He couldn't come all the way and make this out. Isn't it a waste of time? He said something happened to the old man's house If something happened, I have to help him quickly. The big guy heard that something happened to his family, so he understands his difficulties, so it's not hard for him."

Chu Xiaoyun said: "His steamed stuffed buns are delicious?"

"It stands to reason that we They are all selling food, so I shouldn't make others prestige, but I still have to say something fair, his steamed buns are indeed better than the average ones. Especially the steamed stuffed buns, they make people want to eat them again. I always think about it." After the owner of the wonton shop answered Chu Xiaoyun's words,

he carefully probed, "Master, what's the matter?" Customers, all there to prove.

Many people are quite concerned about the situation of the hawkers in the bun shop: "Master, is there anything wrong with this man? We are still waiting to eat his buns. My son likes to eat his big meat stuffed buns the most. But it's not greasy. I came here late this morning, and I haven't bought it, and it's been a long time."

"Yes." Many bun shop customers testified.

After hearing everyone's discussion, Chu Xiaoyun said to the onlookers: "We asked him to confirm something. When we see him in the future, remember to report to the police in time. By the way, he is the only one working in this shop?"

"Hey, okay." The owner of the wonton shop readily agreed, and suddenly understood the meaning of the word "report to the official", and immediately screamed, "Report to the official? Master, what happened to their family..."

"It's nothing serious, everyone don't need to panic." Chu Xiaoyun comforted, "I'm not sure about anything yet, we just want to ask him for a question." "

Oh." The regular customers of the bun shop felt relieved.

"Is he the only one running this bun shop?" Chu Xiaoyun asked again.

The owner of the wonton shop said: "No, although his store looks small, it still employs a lot of people. Occasionally, if it is too busy, it will hire small workers to do odd jobs, and sometimes the wife will come to the store to help. It's just that his wife hasn't seen much in the past two days, so it turned out that something happened to his father-in-law's house." "

Then do you know where his family lives?" Chu Xiaoyun asked.

"I don't know about this." The peddler in the surrounding shops said.

"Okay, thank you." Chu Xiaoyun thanked the wonton shop, then turned to the centurion and said, "Let's go, go back and find out where this guy lives." The centurion was puzzled: "How do you find out?

"

" He needs a registrant for this store, just look for the registrant of the house by name." Chu Xiaoyun said.

"Oh, oh, good." After all, the guard battalion and the arrester are not the same thing, and there is still a clear distinction between right and wrong in the investigation.

Soon, the group returned to the county government office and checked the relevant Baojia information at the signing office overnight.

"No. 28, Xiaohutong Street? Why does this place name seem familiar?" the centurion asked while holding the Baojia directory.

Chu Xiaoyun said with a cold face, "Of course we are familiar with each other. We have been to his house twice." "

Ah?" The centurion was puzzled, "When?"

Chu Xiaoyun picked up the saber that had been checked and placed on the desk case before, tidied up his soap clothes, and went out and said to a policeman waiting outside the door: "No. 28 Xiaohutong Street, next door to Qian Zhu's house. Hurry up." !"

All the arresters were blowing away like the wind.

The centurion heard Chu Xiaoyun say "next door to Qian Zhu's house" and finally remembered where No. 28 Xiaohutong Street was. They had indeed been there twice. Yesterday they went to inquire about the situation of Qian Zhu's family and the surrounding residents. Did you hear anything the night Qian Zhu died? I asked again during the day today. There was only a young daughter-in-law in that family who stayed at home.

Seeing that the people in the arresting house had left, the soldiers of the guard battalion looked at the centurion and asked, "Boss, shall we go?" The centurion

gritted his teeth, "Go, why not!"

The number is the neighbor next door to Qian Zhu's house. The house near the alley is also the most likely route for the murderer to escape, and the house where the murderer is most likely to be found. In the morning, Chu Xiaoyun took someone to question her. Seeing that her family was weak, when she asked about the rest of the family, the hostess said that they were newly married and had no children, and her husband was away busy with his livelihood, so she was the only one who stayed at home during the day. But the hawkers near the bun shop all said that he often went to help in the bun shop.

On the way to the bun shop vendor's house, Chu Xiaoyun discovered an even bigger doubt. There was only a place of business in the bun shop, but no residence. He thought that the hawker's family should live in a place without facing the street, so he rented a house on the bustling street. Surprisingly, however, the place where the Baozipu hawker lives is facing the street. Why don't they set up shop in their own home? Saving the cost of renting a house is not as good as saving the hardship of running around. Why bother? Moreover, it is not that the bun shop hawker's residence does not have a shop at all, but a small fabric shop. If the bun shop hawker's daughter-in-law wants to guard the textile shop at home, then the woman who is helping the bun shop is who?

Of course, no matter what the reason behind this is, one thing is certain, there is definitely something wrong with this peddler. Otherwise, he wouldn't be a neighbor with Qian Zhu, but his wife said that she didn't hear anything that night. It was already the next morning when people from the arresting house and the guard camp came to question him.

When he arrived with all the people, the policeman who he asked the posthouse to guard Qian Zhu's house had already searched the bun shop hawker's house. Seeing Chu Xiaoyun's arrival, the leader of the team quickly stepped forward to greet him: "Boss, they all ran away."

Chu Xiaoyun asked as he walked towards the bun shop vendor's house, "How are you sure they ran away?

" It's all taken away, and it's a mess everywhere. It looks like you don't plan to come back." The leader of the police who came to report said.

"Let's take a look first." Chu Xiaoyun said.

Chu Xiaoyun led people into Qian Zhu's neighbor's house, and sure enough, the house was in a mess, and it seemed that he had indeed left in a hurry. Chu Xiaoyun looked around in the chaos, and there was no other clue except that the family seemed to have run away.

Coming out of the house, Chu Xiaoyun walked around the peddler's yard, suddenly he felt something was wrong. After wandering around the yard for a long time, he finally found out that something was wrong.

The house of this family is much shorter in depth than that of Qian Zhu's house next door. This kind of planned back-to-back street-facing houses in the county may have different widths, but the interiors are the same. The steamed stuffed bun hawker shop is obviously shorter than the Qian Zhu shop next door.

Thinking of this, Chu Xiaoyun performed lightness skills and flew up to the roof to check. On the roof, he saw a scene he couldn't believe.

After a while Chu Xiaoyun flew down to the roof, the centurion came over and asked: "What are you doing on the roof?"

Chu Xiaoyun said: "You can go and see

for yourself." Strength, light work is not very good, but climbing a roof can be reluctant. Although louder.

Not long after, the centurion also came down with an unbelievable expression on his face: "Here, and the bun shop we went to just now, are two streets back to back?

" There is an alley. But this alley is a dead end, because a wall was erected in the middle to separate them. If there was no wall, the two streets could have been connected to each other through this alley." Chu Xiao Yun said, "The first time I saw this alley, I thought it was strange. There are no other people in it, so how could a useless alley be planned. It seems that this alley is useful."

Then Chu Xiaoyun said again: "There are obviously houses between the bun shop and the hawker's house, and the interior is the same as other houses, why does his house look so short?" Chu Xiaoyun said as he walked

in : "There must be a mystery in this room."

Everyone followed Chu Xiaoyun back into the room, lit many candle lamps, groped and checked the room inch by inch, and finally found the secret door. Open the door, there is a huge space inside. They found the secret door on the opposite side in the mezzanine, and opened the secret door on the opposite side, which was the warehouse of Baozipu.

When Chu Xiaoyun and the others walked out of the steamed stuffed bun shop, the hawkers and diners in the nearby shop almost dropped their jaws in shock.

The arresters of the county government and the soldiers of the guard battalion evacuated the surrounding people. Chu Xiaoyun led the policemen to inspect the room carefully, and found that there was a basement under the sandwich room between the two houses.

The basement is now empty, and even the floor seems to have been cleaned, and the first floor is not stained. But Chu Xiaoyun didn't believe that such a large basement was empty of anything. He asked the police officers to search the basement and the middle room like a carpet. Although they didn't find anything directly, he finally found a small handful of mud that hadn't been cleaned up in a corner.

Chu Xiaoyun held that kind of mud in his hand, and he found that kind of mud looked familiar to him. It is the mud where the pig iron was unearthed many times. In other words, pig iron was once stored here.

Pig iron again.

Chu Xiaoyun straightened up and asked the police to seal off the two connected houses. He led his men back to the county government quickly, and ordered Wei Jinghan, who had fallen asleep, to be dug up.

"My lord, please go to the sea to arrest the documents. The so-called witness peddler is suspected of privately buying and selling pig iron!" Chu Xiaoyun said and handed Wei Jinghan a handful of mud wrapped in a handkerchief found in the basement of the peddler's home.

"Unexpectedly, this would involve pig iron!" Wei Jinghan held the handful of mud with a stern expression. Everyone knows that those who secretly smuggle pig iron are either from King Yan or Hu people. It seems that in Hejing County, under the surface calm, there are still many whirlpools.

The author has something to say: Thank you for the little angel who voted for me or the irrigation nutrient solution during 2020-11-29 23:15:24~2020-12-01 21:33:04~ Thanks for the

irrigation nutrient solution Little Angel: 21 bottles of CHOUU; 10 bottles of rice balls; 1 bottle of 1046;

thank you very much for your support, I will continue to work hard!