Chapter 87

The two returned to the place where Zhou Ying set up a stall before, but Zhou Ying really wasn't there anymore.

Chu Xiaoyun asked the vendor next to him: "When did that woman start to set up a stall here?"

The vendor next to him saw that it was Chu Xiaoyun who had gone and returned just now, and was called "Chu Butou" by Zhou Ying. Knowing the purpose of this county yamen arrester's questioning, he felt a little nervous, and he hesitated in answering: "...that woman, she came here to set up a stall two months ago."

Chu Xiaoyun thought back to seeing her just now When it came to Zhou Ying, the hawkers on both sides deliberately kept a distance from her stall. Logically, these people would not let her set up a stall here. How did Zhou Ying get a stall in this bustling street?

"Oh, how is her business?" Chu Xiaoyun asked again.

In addition, a peddler saw that Chu Xiaoyun came to inquire about the divorced wife of the Gu family, and he spoke kindly, and couldn't help but approached him curiously: "She hasn't sold a single thing in the past two months. You just opened it for her." What about Zhang?"

Su Wen couldn't believe it when he heard this: "Didn't Sister Zhou say that his business is okay?"

Chu Xiaoyun patted Su Wen's hand comfortingly, and said to the peddler who approached him, "Since there is no business, Why does she still come to set up a stall every day?"

The peddler curled his lips after hearing this: "This stall was earned for her by a policeman from the county government. If she doesn't come, this stall will belong to someone else.

" The one who can stand up for Zhou Ying is probably Yu He.

Su Wen couldn't help asking from the side: "Why don't you buy her things? Sister Zhou's embroidery is so good!"

The peddler gave Su Wen a strange look: "This...do you need to ask? Besides, her things It's also expensive. Rich people don't buy it, and ordinary people have nothing to spend that money on."

Chu Xiaoyun said: "She has no income, what does she live on?"

The peddler said: "Listen to the people around her, she is now washing clothes for others to support the family. Because no one wanted to ask her to do laundry at the beginning, she just She charged half of the money from others, because it was cheap, and later someone asked her to wash it." After

hearing this, Chu Xiaoyun said "Thank you" to the peddlers around, and pulled Su Wen away from the place where Zhou Ying had previously set up a stall.

When Su Wen returned to the carriage, he began to wipe his tears. Chu Xiaoyun comforted him: "There is no unparalleled road, don't worry." Chu Xiaoyun

brought Su Wen back to the county government office, and everyone in the county government office was shocked. .

Chu Xiaoyun went to the county magistrate's study to sell holidays, and Fang Lingfeng was there. Wei Jinghan was also very surprised when he saw that Chu Xiaoyun came back without being called, "Isn't it because you haven't been called yet, why did you come back?"

Chu Xiaoyun smiled and replied: "The practice is almost done, I'm sorry to be empty, but I'd better come back It's more at ease to work."

Wei Jinghan said: "That's fine. I'm letting you take a long vacation in the hope that you can protect yourself. Now that you can protect yourself, it's better to come back." Chu Xiaoyun talked to

Wei Jinghan about his travels. By the way, I saw it when I passed by Wang's house.

After hearing this, Wei Jinghan sneered: "What's so strange about that. That Wang Ming, his grandfather was a follower when the Minister of the Ministry of Justice was the magistrate of Hejing County. His grandfather watched the Minister of the Ministry of Justice grow up." Chu Xiaoyun

's His mouth formed an O shape in shock.

Wei Jinghan didn't seem to be surprised, so he only said to Chu Xiaoyun: "You came back in time, and it's almost time now, just go for a walk."

Chu Xiaoyun was surprised: "My lord, are you going too?"

Wei Jinghan glanced Chu Xiaoyun: "Aren't you talking nonsense?"

Chu Xiaoyun remembered that all the officials from other places came here, so it didn't seem strange for the magistrate to go there.

When Chu Xiaoyun returned to the small courtyard of the arresting house, Su Wen had already washed up. When he saw Chu Xiaoyun coming back, he happily went up to him: "Husband, shall we go home tonight? I haven't been home for a long time. "

Chu Xiaoyun said: "We have to go for the joy of the full moon of Wang Mentou Lin'er today. Now that we have a carriage, we can come and go freely." "

Great." Su Wen almost jumped up, Chu Xiaoyun hurriedly caught him, "Hold on, be sure to hold on."

Su Wen touched his growing belly, "I don't know when the little guy will move."

Chu Xiaoyun stretched out his hand to cover Su Wen and touched himself. On the hand on the stomach: "It's really a miracle, there is a baby inside."

Su Wen opened the mouth with annoyance as soon as he uttered these silly words.

Chu Xiaoyun took a bath and changed clothes, and was about to go out with Su Wen, when they happened to meet Yu He who had returned from patrolling the street. Speaking of going to Wang's house, Yu Hedao himself was preparing to go when he came back; he also heard that Chu Xiaoyun bought a carriage and asked him to wait for him and go together.

On the way to Wang's house, Chu Xiaoyun and Yu Hejun sat on the frame outside, chatting along the way, talking about Zhou Ying. Chu Xiaoyun asked: "Did you earn that booth for her?"

Yu He said: "It happened to be on the street patrol that day, and the peddlers around wouldn't let her be next to her. This is too domineering."

Chu Xiaoyun nodded "Thank you very much."

Yu He looked at him inexplicably: "I'm not helping your daughter-

in-law, why are you thanking me?" It became something I took on by myself, and others helped me, so I unconsciously said thank you.

Su Wen opened the curtain and poked his head out, smiling: "You helped his wife's good sister."

Yu He rolled his eyes when he heard that. Chu Xiaoyun was extremely grateful to his little husband in his heart.

At Wang's house, Chu Xiaoyun met the owners of the official sedan chairs he had glimpsed through the cracks in the door, and many officials from other counties and Qingzhou Prefecture.

Yu He smiled and said: "It's worthwhile for the head of the door to do what he is. Even the inspectors and chief envoys of the Qingzhou government have come, and his master's face is really great."

Chu Xiaoyun's face was deep: "It's the servant of the Ministry of Punishment who has a big face."

Yu He shrugged his shoulders: "The prime minister's servant is a third-rank official, I have seen it today."

Chu Xiaoyun joked: "You are sore."

After that day, life resumed the way it used to be. After having dinner at Wang's house that day, Chu Xiaoyun took Su Wen back to his long-lost home. I have to say that Wang Sanqiang's mother, Third Aunt Wang, cared very much about Chu Xiaoyun's entreaties. The house was spotless, the yard was cleaned neatly, and the eggs laid by chickens and ducks were also sold by Third Aunt Wang to save money.

The first night was quite safe, and no assassins were encountered.

On the second day, Chu Xiaoyun sent Su Wen to Zhihe Bookstore as usual, and then returned to the Yamen Yingmao by himself.

The second night was also home to live, and it was quite safe, and no assassins were encountered.

After a few days like this, the vigilance in Chu Xiaoyun's heart dropped slightly. He was about to start thinking that the assassins had given up on assassinating him because he had been away for several months and couldn't find anyone.

Su Wen returned to Zhihe Bookstore and worked harder than before, studying hard every day. He missed a lot of homework when he went out for two months, and the students of Zhihe Academy had already learned the previous ones, so he had to make up for what was left behind. Every day from the morning to the academy to the afternoon when Chu Xiaoyun came to pick him up from the Yamen, except for the midway meal, he was immersed in his studies.

Duan Chengyang was rather puzzled, since this kid doesn't need to be tested for fame, why is he working so hard. So he persuaded: "A combination of work and rest, besides, you have a child now."

Su Wen said: "I'm two months behind in class, if I don't hurry up, I won't be able to catch up. When I have a child, I won't be able to go back to school. "

Duan Chengyang said: "What you have learned now, daily literacy should be no problem."

Su Wen smiled shyly: "I just want to help my husband if he needs it in the future."

Duan Chengyang Said: "That doesn't have to be the case. In the future, if you need it, you can come to ask anytime."

When the two were talking, the twins of Duan's family came to ask Su Wen to go out to play. Duan Chengyang said: "It's noon now, Take a break."

Su Wen didn't want to take away Mr.'s kindness, so he agreed.

Duan Chengyang has twin children, one is a daughter named Duan Yufei, and the other is a twin named Duan Yuyang. The two are two years younger than Su, both are unmarried, chattering and very lively.

They went out together, Duan Yuyang, the twin of the twins, said: "The Mid-Autumn Festival is coming soon, shall we go to Xiushui Street in Dongcheng City? The mooncakes made by the Phoenix pastry shop there are delicious." Daughter Duan Yufei

said She smiled and said, "You like eating sweets so much, be careful to grow into a big fat man, you won't be able to get married in the future."

"No way, I will ask Chu Tutou to introduce me to someone from their yamen in the future, just like Chu Tutou. He often buys pastries for Brother Su Wen." Duan Yuyang's eyes showed longing look.

Duan Yufei curled her lips: "Give up, brother Chu is the only one who can't see such a delicious ghost like you. Brother Chu likes a quiet and handsome man like brother Su Wen." After finishing speaking, he ran away laughing

.

"Duan Yufei, stop for me. Who do you think is a gourmet?" Duan Yuyang chased after her, still yelling.

Su Wen watched them bickering back and forth, it was very lively. This is the liveliness that this age should have. In comparison, I seem a bit boring, and I don't know what my husband likes about him. But thinking of her husband's kindness to him, and thinking of how his husband would still be liked by others, Su Wen felt like eating honey, very sweet.

After walking for half an hour, Su Wen discovered that the Xiushui Street they were talking about turned out to be the street where Zhou Ying set up a stall yesterday. Seeing that Zhou Ying's stall was getting closer and closer, Su Wen suddenly stopped. He waved to the twins: "Go to the embroidery stall in front and buy me some embroidery, okay? It's the kind that can be framed and hung on the wall. She can pay whatever she asks, don't bargain." Duan Yufei asked

strangely "Brother Su Wen, you're almost here, why don't you go buy it yourself?"

Duan Yuyang also looked at him curiously.

Su Wen said: "I don't need money to buy her. When you buy things, just buy things and don't carry anything else."

He took off his purse and prepared to hand it to Duan Yuyang, only to find his purse I bought it from Zhou Ying's stall a few days ago. Didn't this help you wear it all at once?

He hurriedly asked, "Where's your bag? Put it in your purse."

After spending a lot of time explaining the reason, the twins finally went shopping with Su Wen's money, and Su Wen found a place to hide it. Not long after, the twins came back with some embroidery.

"A pair of brocade paintings cost half a tael of silver, and her embroidery is too expensive. But let's take a good look, and we each bought some. Brother Su, which one do you want?" Duan Yufei asked.

The two spread out the embroidery they bought in front of them. There are cloaks, round fans, towels, and brocade paintings.

Su Wen asked them to choose first, and the remaining brocade painting was his own.

After distributing things, Su Wen remembered: "If you buy things casually, will the adults in the family have any objections?"

The twins looked at Su Wen curiously. Duan Yufei said: "We bought it with our own money, why should we have any opinions?" "

And her embroidery is really good, and the fabric is also very good. Although it is more expensive, it is worth the price. I feel that everyone will rush for such things Yes, why is there only people looking at it, but no one buying it?" Duan Yuyang asked strangely.

Su Wen gave a general overview of the situation, and the twins were particularly emotional: "She and her husband are so pitiful, and she also met bad people, so pitiful. But everyone is so isolated from her, it's too snobbish. I'm on good terms with me." Tell my sisters, let them go and help."

Su Wencai remembered that the Duan family is also a little famous in Hejing County, and the people around them are also people who have no worries about food and clothing. I unintentionally helped Zhou Ying to promote it. Although it was a drop in the bucket, I hope it can help a little.

Because he had to pass by Zhou Ying's stall to buy mooncakes, Su Wen didn't go there. He found a place to wait, and asked the twins to bring some back when they bought mooncakes. Thinking of Wang Sanqiang, who had been helping him to take care of his family courtyard, and Yu He, whose family was not in Hejing County, and wondering whether to give a copy to the county magistrate, Su Wen asked the twins to buy four mooncakes for him.