Chapter 144 Fangchuan Waterway (1)

Time flies, and it's winter again.

Because of the weather this year, first it was dry in summer, and then it was cold in winter. The livelihood of the people in Dacheng was also more difficult than in previous years. But fortunately, the people in Dacheng were good at farming, weaving, and saving. Although the harvest was not good that year, they could barely make ends meet with the help of surplus grain from the imperial court. The Hu people in the north were not so lucky. Their livestock had already died of thirst and starvation in summer, and a group of them died of cold and starvation in winter. The days became more and more difficult. The tribes suffered heavy livestock casualties, and some families could not even survive the winter.

Hu people nomads have no other source of food except for livestock, just as Chu Xiaoyun expected, they turned their minds on Dacheng again. The cavalry of Hu State frequently harassed the border of Dacheng and robbed the people on the border of Dacheng. Although the Dacheng border garrison had garrisons, they could not find a point of focus to deal with the harassment of the Hu people in this guerrilla situation.

The situation on the Dacheng border is becoming more and more tense.

Since autumn, Chu Xiaoyun has discovered that people with northern accents and their families moving south will appear on the streets of Hejing County from time to time. Thinking of the border conflict between Dacheng and Hu State more than 20 years ago, and the aftermath has not been cleared up, I can't help feeling worried.

Today, after a sneaky case was dismissed, Chu Xiaoyun went to Wei Jinghan's study to report on the recent arrests. The two of them talked about the tense situation at the border for some reason.

Chu Xiaoyun said worriedly: "In case of another disaster, Baixin who lost his homeland in the north will become refugees again and go south. The barbarians will inevitably follow the same pattern, mix in the refugees, and encourage the refugees to make trouble. This will inevitably lead to many problems, intensify conflicts, and even trigger The world is in turmoil. I don't know if the imperial court has a countermeasure."

Chu Xiaoyun told Wei Jinghan about his inner anxiety. It has been a long time since he came to this era, and the tone of his speech has gradually been assimilated by this era.

Compared to Chu Xiaoyun's uneasiness, Wei Jinghan, the head of a county, seemed much calmer.

"Xiaoyun don't need to worry too much. Everyone knows that eating a pad will make you wise, not to mention the court. The court has already considered this result. Didn't you find out that after the autumn harvest, people from the north came to join him on the streets of Hejing County Relatives?"

"I'm only worried because I noticed this." Chu Xiaoyun sighed.

Wei Jinghan smiled slightly: "Before the autumn harvest, the imperial court made publicity to the people, asking them to have relatives in the south go south to join relatives, and the imperial court compensated part of the expenses, and the imperial court made unified arrangements for those who did not. The autumn harvest in the north is completed earlier than in previous years. The people who have completed the autumn harvest have already retreated southward in an orderly manner under the organization of the imperial court, and they will definitely not give the barbarians another opportunity."

Wei Jinghan said slowly, but Chu Xiaoyun From this, I can hear that the great powers are as light as they are, and they are not in a hurry.

He was dumbfounded when he heard it, and he never thought that the Dacheng Dynasty in this era would have such organizational and executive abilities. In addition to the foresight and ability to act that shocked the court, Chu Xiaoyun couldn't help being puzzled.

How did Wei Jinghan, a seventh-rank sesame official, know such a secret?

He thought so, and asked the same question.

"How did your lord know?"

Wei Jinghan slightly stopped pouring tea, and continued to add water to his cup.

"The former classmates and mentors were mostly colleagues in the DPRK and China. It is not surprising to hear some rumors."

Is that so? Regardless of whether it is true or not, it is not appropriate to delve into this matter, Chu Xiaoyun smiled reassuringly: "So I can rest assured. I am afraid that barbarians will take the opportunity to cause trouble."

After Chu Xiaoyun felt relaxed, Wei Jinghan became serious instead: "After all, this is just a stopgap measure. Besides, even if the imperial court organizes the people to go south to transfer autumn grain in advance, what the people can take away is only soft food. There must be a lot of homes and things that cannot be taken away, but they will still be robbed and burned. After all, this is just a kind of helpless self-preservation, not an active and effective attack." "Only by driving the barbarians far away, can the people on our border be safe forever

! "Speaking of Wei Jinghan got up and went to the window, looking to the north: "I hope that one day when I become successful, there will be a general who will drive the barbarians to the desert, seal the wolf to live in the Xuxu, swallow the stone!

"

Chu Xiaoyun was stunned by Wei Jinghan's behavior. He didn't expect Wei Jinghan, a gentle scholar and civil servant, to have such lofty ambitions! He also seemed to see through Wei Jinghan's words of ambition and pride, the heroic demeanor of Dacheng soldiers chasing north to the desert under the setting sun. It's just that such a great cause also needs the flesh and blood of the soldiers to forge it. For a while, Chu Xiaoyun couldn't tell what kind of result he wanted.

Fortunately, such a problem does not need to be decided right now, and it does not need to be considered by a small county headhunter like him. Chu Xiaoyun put down the serious thoughts in his heart, and reported to Wei Jinghan about the arrests in recent days.

After the official business, Wei Jinghan smiled and said to Chu Xiaoyun: "Today's winter solstice, the imperial court has half a day off for bathing. Go back early and have a good holiday with your little husband and Xiao Shuyu." Chu Xiaoyun just remembered that

today It's already the winter solstice, no wonder Su Wen planned early in the morning to buy some mutton to stew soup and eat around the stove in the evening.

Thinking of this, Chu Xiaoyun couldn't hide a smile on his face. He said goodbye to Wei Jinghan: "Then I will leave.

" During the time spent in Yamen, Wang Sanqiang would go home together in the carriage of Chu Xiaoyun's family. Today, it is rare that there is no urgent matter in the yamen's arrest room, and neither of them need to work in shifts. After changing their clothes, they will go home together as usual.

In addition to the gate of the county government, there is a lively market outside.

The streets of Winter Solstice and Jing County are very lively. Although Xiao Shuyu has a quiet name, he has a very eccentric personality. He especially likes to be lively and is very curious about everything on the street. He didn't want to sit in the car at all, and cried as soon as he hugged him.

Su Wen saw it and said with a smile: "The streets are busy today, and I don't want to take a car. It's too early for the office today, and we have to go shopping, so it's better to walk." Chu Xiaoyun looked at the carriage: "If you don't drive the car,

we Where should I put the things I bought?"

Since he was going to walk, he definitely wanted to hug his son. Xiao Shuyu, who has been around for more than ten months, is already a fat boy weighing more than 20 kilograms. He certainly cannot let his little husband carry him with such a heavy weight.

Wang Sanqiang hurriedly took the rein from Chu Xiaoyun's hand: "Brother, don't you still have me here."

Chu Xiaoyun looked at Wang Sanqiang, and it was the best arrangement so far.

"Okay, then let's go." While speaking, Chu Xiaoyun took the little book from Su Wen's arms and hugged it on his shoulder, and pulled Su Wen by his side with the other hand: "Wen Wen, follow closely. There are many people on the road. Be careful."

Xiao Shuyu was lying on his father's shoulder, chewing on his fingers, watching the endless stream of people on the street, his eyes were full of excitement and curiosity.

Wang Sanqiang took the reins and followed the family of three to eat dog food, thinking enviously that he could marry a daughter-in-law anytime, the girl and both children are fine. Another fat boy can walk around like this.

The streets are full of festive atmosphere, prosperous and lively. The shopkeepers of the shops facing the street are all smiling, and the business must be booming. The business of a silk garment shop in front is particularly prosperous. New clothes are made in winter, and the shop is packed to the brim with customers.

"Ah, the business of this clothing store is good. I happened to pass by when his store opened two days ago, so I went in to have a look. His clothes are very well made, the colors are very good, the quality of the fabric is good, and the price is also good. But at the time Yu'er didn't buy it because it was inconvenient." Su Wen pointed to the thriving ready-made clothing store, "Husband, should we also go to see it today? It's the Chinese New Year, buy some fabrics and go back to make new clothes for the New Year."

Chu Xiao Yun turned his head to look and found that the shopkeeper was standing at the door to greet the guests, and the shopkeeper looked very familiar. After a closer look, it was discovered that the person was actually Wei Yuan. He remembered that in the case of Wei Tang, Wei Yuan refused the Gu family's huge compensation. That being the case, with the conditions of the Wei family, where did they get the money to open such a large shop?

Looking again at Wei Yuan who was welcoming the guests with a happy face, he replied: "Okay. Let's go and have a look."

He said and walked towards the shop.

Walking to the door, Wei Yuan who greeted the guests also saw them, and greeted them with cupped hands: "Chu Butou, are you busy, or are you shopping?" "

Business is booming." Chu Xiaoyun said, pointing to himself in casual clothes , "Of course I went shopping. My wife said that your clothes and fabrics are very good, and I want to buy some to make clothes." Hearing what

Chu Xiaoyun said, Wei Yuan cupped his hands and greeted Su Wen who was beside him, and then said: "Welcome Welcome, please come inside."

Chu Xiaoyun looked into the shop, the inside of the shop was much wider than it looked. A front door facing the street was reserved, and the rest of the shops facing the street were rented out to others to set up shop, and several other adjacent shops were opened up and combined together. Therefore, the inside of the shop is far wider than the front.

To open such a large shop, you need some capital.

"Congratulations to shopkeeper Wei. I haven't seen you in a few months, and you have opened such a big shop." Chu Xiaoyun said calmly.

Wei Yuan was taken aback for a moment, then smiled and said, "Chu catcher won the prize. This shop is not mine, I'm just a shopkeeper who helps others."

Could it be that Wei Yuan finally accepted the compensation from the Gu family?

Chu Xiaoyun was wondering, Wei Yuan said again: "This shop belongs to the boss Zhou Yingzhou. After my father passed away, she came to me and said that she wanted to open a new shop with a focus on ready-made clothing. My father was in the cloth business before. Our Wei family has experience and foresight in this area, and asked me if I would like to cooperate with him. If yes, I will be the shopkeeper of the new store and be responsible for the operation of the store. Where can I find such a good thing, not to mention the last period of my father's life Thanks to her care, the family's livelihood improved, so I came here. Now the business in the store is still good, and it can be regarded as living up to high expectations."

So it was.

Wei Tang used to be the head shopkeeper of a business in the Gu family, so he must have extraordinary management skills. As his son, it is reasonable for him to inherit his father's business and have the talent and ability to do business. Moreover, Chu Xiaoyun once heard people mention that Wei Yuan's business ability had already emerged in the Gu family, and people said that his future achievements must not be inferior to his father's.

Because of this, Chu Xiaoyun couldn't understand what kind of confusion Wei Tang made in the Gu family back then, which caused the Gu family to rather lose a head shopkeeper of the industry, and have a successor shopkeeper who inherited and developed his father's abilities. To sweep it out the door. After hearing about the accident in Wei Tang, he was willing to give great help to the Wei family.

He also knows the relationship between the Wei family and Zhou Ying, and it is of course a good thing that such a cooperation can be facilitated. It's just that when I think about the relationship between Zhou Ying and Gu Qingyun, and the relationship between the two parties and the Wei family, I think it's weird.

Chu Xiaoyun was immersed in his own thoughts, and had no intention of going in. Wei Yuan couldn't figure out what he was thinking, and thought about his identity, and didn't say much, until a pleasantly familiar voice sounded behind everyone: "Xiaowen? Chu Butou?"

"Sister Zhou." Su Wen's excited voice came. Hearing the shout, Chu Xiaoyun came back to his senses. He looked sideways, and the person standing on the street under the steps of the shop was indeed Zhou Ying.

Zhou Ying came over and said to them enthusiastically: "My new store, come in and have a look."

He said to Wei Yuan: "You greet other guests, and I will show Chu Butou's family around."

That day, Su Wen bought Chu Shuyu a festive red coat for the winter solstice at Zhou Ying's place, and also bought I bought a lot of fabric and went back, saying that I would make new clothes for the family for the New Year. It also includes cloth for Wang Sanqiang's mother and son. Aunt Wang is getting old, and she suffered from long-term illnesses before, so her eyesight is not good for threading needles. Su Wen will also do it together.

Zhou Ying wanted to give clothes to Xiao Shuyu, but Su Wen and Chu Xiaoyun did not agree, and finally accepted a toy hydrangea that Zhou Ying gave Xiao Shuyu.

This winter solstice, on the way Chu Xiaoyun and Wang Sanqiang agreed that the two families would celebrate the festival together, and on the way back, they took Aunt Wang to Chu Xiaoyun's small courtyard.

After returning home, Su Wen started to play with the fabrics he bought. Chu Xiaoyun's skill in cooking is that he can't starve to death, but he can't make complex meals like mutton soup. Aunt Wang packed up the leg of lamb, drove Chu Xiaoyun to take care of the child, and beckoned her son to help. The two families get along like a family, enjoying themselves happily. The small yard is full of laughter and laughter, and it is peaceful.

Chu Xiaoyun teased Xiao Shuyu, watching Su Wen keep cutting and threading the needle, his eyes fell on the thimble in Su Wen's hand. He remembered the finger pull Su Wen picked up on the road when the thimble was just passed through. At that time, the family was poor and had no money to buy a thimble, so Su Wen just made do with the finger puller as a thimble, but he didn't expect it to take so long.

Chu Xiaoyun's heart was moved: "Wenwen, let's replace that thimble with a new one."

Su Wen stopped the work in his hand and turned his hand to look at the thimble on his finger. It's very emotional, and I'm not so used to changing it. Just use it first, and replace it when it breaks."

Now that the family is well-off, he knows that Su Wen is not wronging himself for money, but because he really has feelings. Seeing that Su Wen insisted, Chu Xiaoyun didn't insist.

At this time, Aunt Wang made mutton soup, stewed the leg of lamb, and greeted Chu Xiaoyun and his wife for dinner. The two families became a family and had a lively winter solstice.

On the second day, Chu Xiaoyun went to the Yamen in high spirits. As soon as the front foot stepped into the gate of the arresting room, the arrester came to report on the back foot.

"At a fork in a waterway in Fangchuan County next door, a fisherman cast a net by mistake and caught a well-preserved corpse. When the fishing house appeared on the scene, someone in the crowd recognized that the corpse had been a year old. A fugitive witness in Qianhejing County. Fangchuan County is worrying about the unnamed corpse. Hearing the news, he sent someone six hundred miles to send an urgent letter over. My lord is waiting for you in the study to discuss matters." The author has something to say

: I didn't have time to update yesterday because I had something to do, and today I will send a fat chapter. ^_^.