Chapter 141

That night, the urgent secret letter from Liubaili was sent to Qingzhou Prefecture by the postman. Chu Xiaoyun was not idle in the county government office, he went to see the old farmer in the prison overnight and told him about Li Dakui's death.

The old farmer was wary when he heard the words, and kept silent in the face of Chu Xiaoyun's enlightenment. It was the first time for Chu Xiaoyun to encounter such a stubborn person who refused to speak up, and he didn't have the habit or hobby of extorting confessions by torture, so there was nothing he could do for a while. It seems that things have to wait for tomorrow's court trial and the arrival of the family's female relatives.

On the second day, the mother and son of the Wei family came. As soon as they were promoted to hall, they expressed their demands, hoping that the murderer would be severely punished, and life for life.

The Zhang family also sent Pei Jin. Pei Jin expressed his apology to the Wei family mother and son as an employer, and also conveyed the Zhang family's apology to the Wei family mother and son, and expressed his willingness to assist the Wei family father and son to deal with the aftermath and give the Wei family reasonable compensation. But this mention was vetoed by Wei Yuan: "I only hope to get a fair ruling from my lord, I don't care about money!"

Besides the plaintiff and the accused, to Chu Xiaoyun's surprise, the Gu family also sent someone here. He also said that the master hired a fight, hoping that the Yamen can find out the real culprit as soon as possible, so that the treasurer Wei's spirit in heaven can rest in peace.

In the courtroom, facing Wei Jinghan's pressing step by step, the old farmer's inner defense collapsed, and he admitted that Wei Tang did not slip and fell to his death, but the fact that his family had murdered for money.

Seeing the old farmer confess to murder, the Wei family mother and son cried in the courtroom, demanding that the government immediately sentence the old man Li and his son to death. Wei Jinghan patted the gavel several times to comfort the Wei family mother and son.

The Gu family document who was listening on the sidelines also said: "Since the murderer has confessed, I hope Master Wei can convict the father and son as soon as possible and give justice to the shopkeeper Wei." Wei Jinghan did not answer directly, but ordered someone to take a piece of paper

. Show the note to old man Li: "Old man Li, you can see clearly, the handwriting on this note belongs to your son Li Dakui."

Old man Li took the note from the yamen servant, and said after a while: "It is indeed in the child's handwriting."

"Okay." Wei Jinghan ordered someone to take back the note, and then calmly responded to the previous appeal of the Wei and Gu families: "Wei Yuan, you The county can understand the heart of bereaved father; the county also deeply admires Mr. Gu's righteousness. However, Li Dakui, the son of the old man Li, who is the main murderer in this case, committed suicide in the pond in the backyard of the Zhang Mansion last night. , Old Man Li can't make a final judgment for the time being. Come here, and return Old Man Li to the prison for another trial."

Two guards on the side came over and carried away Old Man Li who was stupefied. When the old man Li was about to be taken out of the court, he struggled and shouted like a ghost: "My lord, Mr. Wei. I, my son Li Dakui, am I really dead?"

Wei Jinghan said: "Didn't you just identify Your son's handwriting is so unique, could it be that the county is still lying to you while sitting in this courtroom? It's ridiculous!" Old

man Li looked at Pei Jin in the courtroom, but Pei Jin turned his face away and didn't look at him. Old man Li was dragged away by the guards in despair.

Chu Xiaoyun looked at the old man Li who was dragged out with a decadent aura, but his face was in disbelief. It's not that this man doesn't care about his son's death. Why was he indifferent when he told him last night? But what makes him even more incredible is, why did the adults say that Li Dakui committed suicide in fear of crime? He had seen the scene with his own eyes last night, and the conclusion at that time was that he had slipped and fell into the water.

After the old man Li was taken into custody, Wei Jinghan slapped the gavel: "There are still important witnesses in this case who have not yet arrived, and the trial will be retried at a later date! Withdraw from the court!" There was a

sound of "Wei——wu——" from the yamen servants in the courtroom. The Zhang family, the Zhang family, and Pei Jin who represented the Zhang family all bowed to the top of the courtroom.

After retreating, Chu Xiaoyun went to Wei Jinghan to inquire about his doubts. Wei Jinghan showed Chu Xiaoyun the evidence handed over by Pei Jin, the housekeeper of the Zhang family before his promotion today: "The Zhang family found this at Li Dakui's residence."

Chu Xiaoyun took the note with a few crooked lines, and Li Dakui said that he became greedy because of his greed for money for a while, and he was willing to sacrifice his life to Wei Tang, hoping not to implicate the young and old in the family.

"Since that's the case, why did old man Li recognize the handwriting just now, but still suspect the cause of his son's death?" Chu Xiaoyun was puzzled.

Wei Jinghan said: "This county doesn't understand either. You have to solve this question."

Chu Xiaoyun squeezed the note in his hand: "I hope there will be an answer from the Qingzhou government."

After that, Chu Xiaoyun went to The old man Li was visited by the prison, and the old man Li's state at this time was very different from before. Even when he admitted that he was greedy for money and murdered, he was not so depressed. But facing Chu Xiaoyun's question, he still didn't say a word. Chu Xiaoyun also felt that this person was really stubborn, and he didn't know what was the point of carrying it like this. When his family members come back, the case will still be revealed.

In the evening of the next day, Gyeongju government sent back news. The relatives written in the old man Li's address were also the last time Hejing county police officers visited the family, which has long since disappeared. When asked about the neighbors, they all said that the family had little contact with outsiders and didn't know them well. When the Gyeongju police quickly described the face of the owner of the house to them, the neighbors shook their heads unanimously: "I have never seen this person." This is really

strange, but it is also its flaw. Chu Xiaoyun took the reply letter from the Gyeongju Government Office on this matter, and went to the prison to interrogate Old Man Li again. Along the way, Chu Xiaoyun considered his words, thinking about how to pry Old Man Li's mouth open, so what if he was a dead man.

Chu Xiaoyun was thinking about something, and lowered his head all the way outside the prison until the guarding jailer greeted him.

Chu Xiaoyun raised his head to return the salute to the jailer, and saw a woman in a calico shirt twisting a food box in front of him, frowned and said, "Why did you let someone in to deliver food at such a late hour?" The jailer looked puzzled

. Looking at him: "The woman said that she had your consent."

"My consent?" Chu Xiaoyun was puzzled, "Why didn't I know?"

The jailer was very surprised: "But she came with your token."

"What, my token?" Chu Xiaoyun said Reaching out to touch his waist, his head-catching token is really gone.

"How did this person get my token!" Chu Xiaoyun was annoyed, and he didn't care too much, and shouted at the guarding jailer, "Stop that woman, she stole my token and came to visit the prison, I don't know What do you want to do!"

The jailers who heard Chu Xiaoyun's shout jumped into action, drew their sabers and ran towards the woman twisting the food box. The woman also heard the movement, but instead of fleeing for her life, she threw away the food box and ran all the way to the place where old man Li was being held. She reached out to take the hairpin from her head, opened the door of the prison, and stabbed at the old man with the hairpin. The old man Li who was frightened and dumbfounded.

At the critical moment, Chu Xiaoyun arrived. He didn't have time to enter the cell to stop the assassin, so he raised his hand and threw in the saber that had been drawn out of its sheath, just in time to block the female assassin's stab at Old Man Li.

The hairpin in the woman's hand fell to the ground, but she rushed towards old man Li without giving up, as if she had a tendency to die endlessly. The moment Chu Xiaoyun flew out of the saber, he also rushed into the prison, and fought back and forth with the woman.

The woman saw that the assassination was hopeless, and she was not Chu Xiaoyun's opponent, so the moment she was caught, she bit the poison hidden in her mouth.

Chu Xiaoyun pinched the woman's neck, and was about to ask her who sent it, but found the woman vomited blood. This was the first time he encountered such a situation, and he was a little panicked. He hurried to break the woman's mouth, trying to take out what was in his mouth.

The woman smiled miserably at him: "It's too late."

Chu Xiaoyun grabbed his shoulder and asked eagerly, "Who are you? How did you get my token? Who sent you here? Why did you kill him? "

The woman gave Chu Xiaoyun a sneering look, and her voice was intermittent: "Is the famous... famous... Chu Butou so naive? I... am going to die, do you think... will tell you?" The

woman After speaking, he grinned again with a mouth full of blood, tilted his head, and died in Chu Xiaoyun's hands.

Looking at this scene, the jailer chasing after him asked helplessly, "Chu Butou, what... what should we do now?"

Chu Xiaoyun checked the woman's breath and pulse, and she was really out of breath. With a heavy heart, he said to the guard guard: "Go and ask Mr. Zuo and your lord. Then let Mr. Zuo inspect the food box." Then he found

his token from the woman and held it in his hand, stretched out his hand and squatted The trembling old man Li in the corner: "Change a place to talk to me."

After changing a cell, Chu Xiaoyun said to the shocked old man Li: "See, you can't live if you hide the truth. The only way out for you now is to talk to me." With the cooperation of the government, maybe a life can be saved."

Old man Li trembled for a while before he stammered: "I said, I said. Save me, save my family."

Chu Xiaoyun and old man Li There was a sound of footsteps outside his cell, and a group of yamen servants surrounded Wei Jinghan and walked over. Fang Lingfeng followed behind. Most of the yamen servants stayed outside the cell, only the two yamen servants and Fang Lingfeng who carried the official hat and chair followed in. The yamen servant put down his chair, and Wei Jinghan waved his hand to signal them to go out.

Only Wei Jinghan, Fang Lingfeng, Chu Xiaoyun and Old Man Li were left in the cell.

"Finish." Wei Jinghan said after taking a seat on the chair.

"Yes, my little old man is telling the truth." Old man Li kowtowed to Wei Jinghan, knelt on the pile of straw on the ground, and told him everything he knew.