Chapter 67

The magistrate of Gyeongju met Chu Xiaoyun and the two in the government hall, and Mr. Wu from Gyeongju. After seeing the ceremony, Chu Xiaoyun handed over the case file of Zhihe Bookstore reported by Hejing County, and outlined the matter.

The magistrate of Qingzhou took over the dossier handed over by Mr. Wu and looked through it. His face became serious: "The barbarian wolf is ambitious, and his heart to covet my Dacheng has never ceased. After twenty years, it is unexpected that now it is established in the hinterland of my Dacheng. This matter is extremely urgent, and the government will immediately report it to the Ministry of Punishment."

After finishing speaking, the magistrate sent a post envoy, and sent it to the capital in an urgent manner six hundred miles away.

After dealing with the case of Zhihe Bookstore, the prefect of Gyeongju asked: "Is there any other important matter?"

Chu Xiaoyun talked about the case of Gu Qingyun, clearly explaining his intention.

The magistrate wondered: "You and the Jingxian government sent the files from the government office. Why do you want to come to the government office to retrieve the files now? But what new progress has been made in the case?"

To be on the safe side, Chu Xiaoyun did not reveal the truth : "It's not a new development, but the sufferer has come to complain again. Mr. Wei has assumed the post of Hejing county magistrate, intending to investigate and deal with old cases." The magistrate nodded and asked someone to fetch the

files for Chu Xiaoyun to read. Open the files and read them one by one, the more you read, the more ugly your face becomes. There is a world of difference between the archives of the government office and the archives kept by the county government, and the archives of the government office are called files.

Before looking at the files kept by the Hejing County Government, it was like a fog in the clouds. The description of the case was not rigorous, and even the basic plot was not perfect. After reading the archives of the government office, all the doubts I had when I read the archives of the county government were answered.

Previously, Chu Xiaoyun had seen the files of the county government. After his own investigations, although he knew that the case was full of mistakes and omissions, the files did not reveal why the government would send them back for retrial one after another. After reading the files kept by the government, Chu Xiaoyun Only then did Yun understand why the government office sent the case back for retrial.

The dossiers kept by the government office record the case in an orderly manner, with a clear context, and it can be clearly seen that the chain of evidence is not complete. The former county magistrate also commented on the file that everything was conjecture by the plaintiff, Zhou Sheng, and there was no factual evidence in the investigation, so the case will not be filed for retrial. Attached is the relevant file on Zhou Sheng's false accusation.

The magistrate of Qingzhou saw that Chu Xiaoyun's expression was not good, and asked: "What's the problem?"

Chu Xiaoyun closed the file and said respectfully: "My lord, this subordinate wants to make a copy of the archive file of the government office, and bring it back to Wei. My lord, take a look."

"Why is this?" Qingzhou prefect was puzzled, "The dossiers of the government office were also reported by you and Jing County."

Chu Xiaoyun said in a deep voice: "The existing files of this case in Hejing County are very thin. A large number of cases have progressed, and the evidence is missing for some reason. Now there are still some files left, and I don't know what to read. I hope you will make it happen." "

There is such a thing." The prefect of Qingzhou was quite surprised, and agreed to Chu Xiaoyun's request. Ask Master Wu to remake the dossier.

After Master Wu left, the prefect of Gyeongju got up and walked around, his tone full of deep sadness: "Three years have passed in a flash. The government still remembers that Zixi and I discussed this case at the beginning, but I didn't expect that it was my last meeting with him. See you."

Zixi is the word for Jing Shen, the former magistrate of Hejing County.

Chu Xiaoyun also heard about Wei Jinghan, the county magistrate, before coming to Qingzhou Prefecture, but he did not know that the magistrate had actually discussed the case with the previous county magistrate. Now it seems that the relationship between the former magistrate of Jing County and the magistrate is still quite close. Hearing the words, he said, "My lord's condolences. Mr. Jing is not in office, and the people of Hejing County remember him." The prefect of

Qingzhou waved his hand, not approving Chu Xiaoyun's consolation: "I and Zixi Boya Ziqi, We met each other when we were in the academy. I didn't expect him to leave so early, and for the rest of my life, I can only reminisce..."

Chu Xiaoyun saw the tears in the eyes of the Gyeongju prefect, and was shocked for a while. He didn't expect that there was such a friendship between the two of them. He didn't know how to express it for a while, so he could only murmur: "My lord has a deep love for the same family, and the magistrate of Jing County has knowledge, so I should feel comforted." Only then did the prefect of Gyeongju realize that he had lost his composure in front of a junior subordinate, and he held back the corners of his eyes

. Tears, restraining his emotions, said: "Zixi told me back then that this case is very strange. There is no evidence for Gu Qingyun's murder of his wife. It is suspicious

that his brother-in-law Zhou Shengpan did not magnify it." attitude, but Chu Xiaoyun was still quite shocked by what the magistrate said, but he thought of another point and couldn't help asking: "Then why did the magistrate of Jing County arrest Gu Qingyun later?" The prefect of Qingzhou said: "

This I don't know. The meeting was hasty that day, and Zixi only told me that he found that the case was deeply hidden and had a lot of mystery, but there was no evidence to support it. However, he also told me that once he got conclusive evidence, he would definitely I will let you know. The county magistrate and others are very powerful in Hejing County. Before leaving, he begged me that there are many doubts about Gu Qingyun's case. If someone puts pressure on Gu Qingyun, I must help him stand If the death penalty is reported, it must not be reported to the Ministry of Punishment. I don't know if Zixi knew at that time that he was seriously ill, so he entrusted me with it. But, why didn't he tell me that he was seriously ill..." Can't think of this

case And so hidden. Chu Xiaoyun felt very tormented when faced with a big official in the frontier who analyzed his heart in front of him, and he didn't know how to persuade him, so he could only comfort him: "My lord's condolences...Since there are many doubts about this case, why didn't your lord supervise me after the death of Mr. Jing? Hejing County retrial the case?"

While comforting, Chu Xiaoyun did not forget to ask his own doubts.

The prefect of Qingzhou looked at Chu Xiaoyun: "You are still young, and official affairs are not that simple. Three years ago, our government was not as good as the governor of Qingzhou, and we had more than enough energy. The Houhejing county government still sentenced Gu Qingyun to death, reported it to the government government, and was sent back for retrial."

Could this be the reason for the tug of war? Chu Xiaoyun was still a little puzzled, and was about to ask again, when Fang Lingfeng beside him kept coughing. Chu Xiaoyun looked at Fang Lingfeng out of the corner of his eye, but saw that the other party was also looking at him with his fist pressed against his lips.

It seems that he was not allowed to ask, so Chu Xiaoyun had no choice but to give up.

At this time, Master Wu came in with a reprinted dossier, and the mood of the prefect of Gyeongju has returned to calm: "The people of Hejing County are tough, and the county magistrate and others have been operating here all year round. It is not easy for him to be an official. Master Wei is now in Hejing County County magistrate, I hope I can live up to the high expectations of the imperial court."

The turning point of these two sentences was quite blunt, and Chu Xiaoyun didn't know who the prefect of Qingzhou was talking about. He could only say in a vague way: "Thank you for your compassion."

Chu Xiaoyun took the re-enacted dossier handed over by Master Wu, and glanced through it in a hurry. , we will do our best to solve this case."

The prefect of Gyeongju nodded in satisfaction.

When he was about to say goodbye and leave, Chu Xiaoyun thought for a while, but still couldn't hold back and asked: "Master Zhifu, I don't know how the government's alms shop works. Street beggars, especially those with mental impairment, can Did you get alms?"

The magistrate was quite puzzled: "There are many homeless beggars on the streets of Gyeongju Prefecture? How can this government not know. Refugees are rescued, and there are corresponding rescue measures for different situations, and those who need it can go to the almshouse for help."

Chu Xiaoyun described what he saw yesterday: "This kind of person's intelligence has been damaged, and I'm afraid they can't ask for help on their own."

The magistrate looked at Chu Xiaoyun: "I didn't expect you to have such a heart of benevolence. This government will let people pay attention." "

Chu Xiaoyun thank you sir." Chu Xiaoyun was overjoyed when he heard this.

Although entering the government office suffered some setbacks, the results of meeting the magistrate were beyond Chu Xiaoyun's expectations. With these files, Gu Qingyun's acquittal is a certainty. Gu Qingyun, who was wrongly imprisoned for three years, is finally about to be free. Thinking of his own efforts in this, Chu Xiaoyun is quite proud. But thinking of the silly beggar he saw yesterday, Chu Xiaoyun's excitement faded again.

Fang Lingfeng seemed to be pinching his head and said: "Chu's arresting the head is really awe-inspiring. The matter of a homeless beggar can also disturb a big official in the frontier."

Chu Xiaoyun pretended not to understand Fang Lingfeng's joke, and he asked: "Fang Concierge , do you think the magistrate will send someone to find that wandering scholar?"

Fang Lingfeng rarely smiled: "I'm not the magistrate, how would I know."

Chu Xiaoyun paused and asked: "I was in the government office just now, why didn't the concierge not Let me ask?"

Fang Lingfeng sneered and said: "At that time, the magistrate was just a boss of the government office, and his involvement in this case was not justified, and you want him to use the name of favoritism?" Inquiring about cases that are not under his

jurisdiction , this matter can be big or small; however, if it is connected with the name of favoritism, it is a taboo in the officialdom. Chu Xiaoyun Chu Xiaoyun thought about it, and felt that his official experience was still too lacking, and he didn't think carefully. Those articles that write about how modern people thrive after traveling through ancient times seem unreliable, at least not for me. Not to mention anything else, in many aspects of myself, I really don't see as thoroughly as the paralyzed face in front of me.

Thinking of this, Chu Xiaoyun looked at Fang Lingfeng more inquiringly: "Fang Concierge is so far-sighted, why is he willing to be just a concierge?"

Fang Lingfeng did not directly respond to Chu Xiaoyun's naked inquiry, but took this Fen explored and kicked back: "Chu Butou seems to have great ambitions in his heart, and I hope you can get what you want."

Chu Xiaoyun showed an unknown smile, and didn't ask any more questions. Before, he thought that Fang Lingfeng was so outstanding, but he was willing to be a concierge. He might be a martial arts master supported by a wealthy family. Now that he is quite transparent about court affairs, his previous idea was rejected again.

Fang Lingfeng did not answer his question directly, and had already exposed his identity in front of him. Chu Xiaoyun felt that he was not at a disadvantage in this merger.

But no matter what Fang Lingfeng's real identity is, according to the current situation, they should not be confrontational. After confirming this, Chu Xiaoyun was relieved a lot.

It was already late that day, and the group continued to stay at the post house, and set off on the second day.

Returning to Hejing County a few days later, Chu Xiaoyun reported the trip to Wei Jinghan, including the assassination on the road, the similarities and differences of the files, and the relationship between the magistrate and the former magistrate Jing.

When discussing the case, Wei Jinghan said: "Master Daojing, the magistrate, mentioned this case to him at the beginning. There is a great mystery, except that Gu Qingyun is not the murderer of his wife, what mystery can there be?"

Chu Xiaoyun thought for a while: " According to the humble opinion of my subordinates, did Mr. Jing also discover the truth that Zhou Ying is not dead?"

Wei Jinghan was silent for a long time: "Maybe."

Chu Xiaoyun said: "Gu Qingyun was wronged, Zhou Ying may not be dead, this is the current plan , let's find out the person who may not be dead first. The truth of the case can be revealed. I request to go to the Zhuang's mansion to find out."

Wei Jinghan nodded, then shook his head: "If this case was really concocted by Zhuang Di, how can there be such a thing? It's easy for you to come to the door to find out the truth. If you want to find out, go on a night patrol with Fang Lingfeng."