Chapter 111

After dividing the work, the two will split up. Yu He took a few policemen to visit the villagers, and then went back to check the files; Chu Xiaoyun decided to go back to the Yamen first, he had some information to check before making any plans.

Back in the county seat, it was past lunch time. Chu Xiaoyun took out some pieces of silver from his bosom and handed them to the following policemen, asking them to find a place to eat, while he went back to the Yamen first.

When Chu Xiaoyun returned to the yamen, Su Wen was holding a pile of circular documents borrowed from the warehouse and staring at them, and from time to time he used a pen to write and draw on the paper. On the round table in the small room, there was still an untouched lunch.

Su Wen looked at it very seriously, and didn't even know when Chu Xiaoyun entered the house, until Chu Xiaoyun called "Wen Wen" before looking up from the pile of paperwork.

"Husband, you are back!" Su Wen said pleasantly, with an excited tone, "How is the situation in Baishui Village?

" Lunch?"

His tone was distressed.

Su Wen glanced at the lunch on the table, and said with a smile: "I want to read the rest of the paperwork before eating. I didn't expect the time to pass so fast. Yang Zi and the others are so kind, they even specially served me from the dining room." Bring lunch."

"You can watch after eating." Chu Xiaoyun said with distress, "Besides, there is a baby, but now you are alone without food, and two of you are starving."

Su Wen pretended to be angry: "Are you afraid that I will be hungry, or that the baby will be hungry."

"No, what I mean is..."

Seeing Chu Xiaoyun's stuttering explanation, Su Wen couldn't help laughing again. Sheng Lai: "I was thinking that there wasn't much left, and I didn't want to let it go, so as not to trouble me again later."

"After that, don't go hungry." Chu Xiaoyun was afraid that Su Wen would think that he cared about the child and not him, but he really felt sorry for Su Wen. When he picked it up, it was a small one, but now he has managed to raise it to be round and round. He can't bear Su Wen to suffer any more. He had no choice but to put the meals on the table into the tray one by one, "I'll go to the kitchen to warm up the meals for you."

Su Wen looked at him with wide and round eyes: "Don't you take a look at the results of my arrangement first? "

Seeing those eyes looking down at him innocently, Chu Xiaoyun couldn't help but have some charming thoughts. But now is obviously not the time, so he can only pick up the tray on the table and go out: "You can talk while eating later." After

a while, Chu Xiaoyun came back after reheating the food. In addition to Su Wen's original meals, he also took a few steamed buns left over from the morning in the kitchen. He took out the meals from the tray and put them on the table one by one, then put the plate of buns and steamed buns on his office case, and said to Su Wen, "Wen Wen, go and eat." Su Wen looked at the plate in his

hand : "Husband, you haven't eaten yet? How can you only eat this."

"You go to eat, let me see the results of your arrangement. Things seem to be getting more and more complicated, I have to find out the clues quickly, I don't have time Eat other things. Don't worry, I have rough skin and thick flesh, so it's fine."

Chu Xiaoyun put down the plate, helped Su Wen to sit at the table, arranged the bowls and chopsticks for him, and then returned to his office. While reading the results compiled by Su Wen, he picked up a steamed bun and stuffed it into his mouth. Watch while eating.

While eating, Su Wen said to Chu Xiaoyun: "I mainly found one place that is rather strange. According to the file records, the person who came to the Yamen to collect the body of the pharmacy shopkeeper was a relative or friend of the pharmacy shopkeeper. Where is his family?" Chu Xiaoyun

looked I compared the page numbers of the dossiers annotated by Su Wen one by one, and finally said: "It makes sense, this is a problem. At the beginning, the main attention was not on this, and these details were ignored."

Su Wen took a sip of the soup and said: "The relative and friend who came to collect the body of the shopkeeper of the pharmacy, I took out his address. If you want to investigate, you can take it away directly. The document issued by the yamen after Qiuyue seventeen years ago I have read the notices and have summarized the main content in the back, you can see if there is any content you need."

"My Wenwen is really capable." Chu Xiaoyun praised sincerely, and conveniently carried the addresses of relatives and friends of the pharmacy shopkeeper who came to the Yamen to identify the corpse in his arms.

Chu Xiaoyun read all the documents and notices compiled by Su Wen, but found no relevant notices in response to the rumors in the market. He quickly flipped through the documents and notices that Su Wen didn't have time to read, but there was no information he needed.

If there are many rumors that damage the reputation of the Yamen, the Yamen should make corresponding opposition. Chu Xiaoyun was puzzled by this. Is it because the villagers of Baishui Village lied, speculated on their own, or there were other reasons?

Chu Xiaoyun was examining the possibilities, and the policeman who came back from dinner came to report: "Head, we are back."

Chu Xiaoyun received the paperwork on the desk, and said to the policeman who came to report: "Get ready, we'll go to the shopkeeper's house right away."

Then he said to Su Wen: "Wenwen, I'm going out to investigate the case, today you sort out these paperwork and take a rest. Don't be too tired. The baby is also very hard." Su

Wen Glancing at the arrester outside the hut, a red cloud flew over his face: "What are you talking about?"

Chu Xiaoyun followed Su Wen's gaze to see the subordinates outside the door, and laughed: "Okay, don't say, don't say it." Say it."

A few police officers outside the door heard the couple's conversation, and hurriedly slipped away knowingly.

Chu Xiaoyun took a few police officers to the original site of the pharmacy where Dunzi sold herbal medicine. Indeed, as Yu He said, the store has already changed its location, and the current owner doesn't know about the shopkeeper of the pharmacy at all, and most of the surrounding businesses don't know the shopkeeper of the pharmacy either. Some of the time-honored stores that have been open for a long time have not changed their family members, and some people can remember the pharmacy shopkeeper back then, but they also said that they were not familiar with it at the time. I only know that the shopkeeper of the pharmacy has a big business, but unfortunately the shop closed down after the person died, and those guys don't know where to make a living.

At the original site of the pharmacy, Chu Xiaoyun did not receive any useful clues, so he took the police officers to the home of the pharmacy manager recorded in the file. The owner of the pharmacy shopkeeper's house has also changed. After confirmation, the current owner bought the house from the relatives and friends of the pharmacy shopkeeper who went to the Yamen to identify the body.

"At that time, that man signed all the contract assignments with me. He was accompanied by a woman and an eight or nine-year-old boy. It should be his wife and child. I didn't hear what they said, so I don't know much about the relationship between them. Specific relationship." The current owner recalled.

Chu Xiaoyun asked the policemen who followed him to record the investigation situation one by one, and then asked the neighbor next door to the pharmacy shopkeeper to learn about the situation.

Most of the neighbors are former neighbors, and most of them still have a deep impression of the pharmacy shopkeeper. After all, he died after being detained by the yamen, which is a bit special. In Hejing County, it was also a topic that people talked about in the streets and alleys after dinner for a long time.

"We already know that he is a pharmacy owner, and he only goes in and out by himself on weekdays, and has never seen his wife and children." "He didn't

marry?" Chu Xiaoyun asked, "Have you seen other relatives and friends?"

"I haven't seen anyone close to him, just neighbors, and I'm familiar with his pharmacy when I pass by him. I often see a young man delivering herbs to him." The neighbor said, "But I asked him about getting married. , He said that his wife and children had gone to seek refuge with relatives, and he would take his wife and children back when he made some fortunes. Later, when he died, a person who was said to be his relative and friend came and brought his paperwork to him. The house was sold, and the man didn't say much except to say hello to us. Oh, by the way, a woman and child came with me at the time. The woman and the child didn't speak, so I don't know what the relationship is." The neighbor said.

The words of the neighbors are almost the same as those of the current owner, which can be confirmed.

The shopkeeper of the pharmacy did not live with his wife and children during his lifetime, and no information about his wife and children could be found. The one who can continue to investigate now is the relative and friend who came to identify the body for him.

Chu Xiaoyun took out the note from his bosom, and he still had a foresight. Of course, this is first of all thanks to his little husband. He glanced at the address on the note, and said to the policemen following him, "Go to the Red River Wharf."

The relative's and friend's address was registered near the Red River Wharf, and it was recorded in the file that he was a boatman.

Chu Xiaoyun took people to the residence of relatives and friends, and found that relatives and friends had also moved. Moreover, the house where relatives and friends live has changed two owners. A neighbor who remembers relatives and friends nearby said: "That person moved away more than ten years ago. I seem to have heard him say that a relative died and he was going back to his hometown for the funeral." Chu Xiaoyun asked the

neighbor to think carefully about the time, it was seventeen years ago .

The shopkeeper of the pharmacy died, and there was no close relative around him, and the body was collected by a so-called relative or friend; why did the person who collected his body move out of here after he died? Relatives and friends go back to their hometown to attend the funeral of a deceased relative. Could it be that he is not a local? People around him passed away one after another, Chu Xiaoyun felt a little sympathetic to him.

Sympathy is sympathy, and the case has to continue to be investigated. Chu Xiaoyun thought for a while and asked again: "Does this man have a taller wife and a son who looked eight or nine years old?"

The neighbor shook his head when he heard this: "I am still deeply impressed. He moved to our place and lived here for only a few years in total. He has been alone all the time and has not seen any relatives." Chu Xiaoyun felt wrong after hearing this

. Why are people so lonely, they don't even have a family, and the so-called relatives are not around?

He thought for a while, and said to the policemen: "Go back to the county government office, go to the signing office, and first check the Baojia information of the shopkeeper of the pharmacy and his relatives and friends." Back at the Yamen,

Chu Xiaoyun rushed to the signing office to read it Baojia information from the shopkeeper of the pharmacy and relatives and friends, unexpectedly discovered that these two people were both refugees who fled to the Central Plains from the north 20 years ago!

Chu Xiaoyun remembered that Dunzi and his friend in Baishui Village were also refugees. Is this too coincidental? Why are the circles these people deal with are refugees. Even if the refugees fled, how did they manage to be all alone?

Judging from the dossier and Baojia information, Dunzi and his friend are still young, so it's easy to say that they didn't have a family, but what about their parents and siblings? And the pharmacy shopkeeper and his relatives and friends who have passed their forty years, how could they be alone. If a person flees and loses his relatives due to the impact of the war, it does not mean that they all lost their close relatives.

After checking this, although Chu Xiaoyun still doesn't know the relationship between the poisoned dead bone and Dunzi, he is almost sure that the accidental eating case seventeen years ago is very suspicious. The relationship between Dunzi and the shopkeeper of the pharmacy is probably more than just a simple business relationship.

But after the death of the pharmacy shopkeeper, the only person who had contact with him also disappeared from Hejing County; this thread was broken again. Chu Xiaoyun thought about it, and now he can only try his luck to see if Dunzi's friend's line has not left any clues.

But it is a pity that Dunzi's friend also moved away from the original address after that, and his whereabouts remain a mystery. All the clues seemed to be broken, but Chu Xiaoyun saw the clearest clue.

The Baojia information of these people is still in Hejing County, and they did not apply for any identity documents in Hejing County before leaving. They move to other places without legal status, so what status do they live in other places?

There is almost only one answer. That is, the Baojia information they left in Hejing County is not their real identity, and they don't need to live on these identities when they go to other places. Thinking of this, two words came to Chu Xiaoyun's mind.

These two words made Chu Xiaoyun shudder.