Chapter 18

The county magistrate tapped the gavel lightly with his right index finger, and said in silence for a moment: "Although he is a suspect, he is not a criminal. Even a criminal, according to our court's law, he can perform crimes and make meritorious deeds. If he can find clues during this journey, we will Finding out the real murderer is a great achievement. I don't think the Zhang family is willing to let the real murderer go free?" "

This..." Zhang Cheng's wife had nothing to say for a while, and continued to stop it as if the Zhang family was covering up the real murderer. fierce.

"Then what do you say about him beating someone in court and despising the court?" Zhang Cheng's wife was still not reconciled.

"Contempt the court, according to my Dacheng law, it is ten blows to kill. However, he has to go to the scene to investigate, and he is injured and cannot move. He will be punished when he comes back. If Madam is worried, you can come to watch the sentence then."

The words of the county magistrate reached this point, and Zhang Cheng's wife couldn't say anything more, so she could only stare at Chu Xiaoyun angrily.

Although he was not acquitted in court, the goal of going to the scene was achieved, which can be regarded as a small progress. It has been almost two days since the incident, and the scene is estimated to have been damaged badly. I don't know if there are any sophisticated instruments in modern society, and I don't know if I can find any clues. No matter what, you still have to go to the scene to see it. In addition, those two strong men should propose to the county magistrate to arrest them as soon as possible, so as not to run away. Chu Xiaoyun thought of the captor who caught him last night, and an idea came to his mind. I don't know if the county magistrate will adopt it.

After the trial, the county magistrate announced the adjournment and retrial at another date. The people watching outside the door chatted and dispersed. When Chu Xiaoyun was escorted away, he passed by Su Wen and said to him: "Su Wen, you and Wang Sanqiang go home. Don't come out and run around for me, I'm fine. Take care of yourself, and I'll talk about anything when I go back. I will go back."

Seeing Su Wen in tears, Chu Xiaoyun's heart ached. He wanted to wipe Su Wen's tears away, but reality did not allow it. He was taken back to the prison and waited for a while to go to the scene.

Chu Xiaoyun was escorted away by the yamen servants, and Su Wen stood there dumbfounded until Wang Sanqiang stepped forward and called "sister-in-law" a few times before he came back to his senses.

"Sister-in-law, listen to Brother Yun, let's go back first. Brother Yun has always been more resourceful. If he says it's okay, it must be fine." Su Wen knew that he couldn't

help much, so he followed Wang Sanqiang back.

Just after noon, the yamen servant came to pick him up. Chu Xiaoyun prayed that going to the scene this time would yield something.

Not far from the Red River Bridge, there is a small road extending into the field. According to the previous investigation by the police, Zhang Cheng and the two big men passed by this small road. Chu Xiaoyun got off the prison car, looked around, and squatted down to look at the road carefully.

Nearly two days have passed, and the busy road leading to the county seat has already lost the slightest trace of the incident with the naked eye.

At this time, Chu Xiaoyun missed the high technology of modern society very much. But there is also one point, if it is in modern society, criminals know the means of technology, on the one hand, they will try their best to avoid the detection of instruments, on the other hand, criminals are gradually using high technology to commit crimes.

There is a saying that crime is always ahead of solving cases, and this is a reality.

Under the leadership of the yamen servants, Chu Xiaoyun walked to the place where Zhang Cheng's body was found, in a thicket of grass taller than a person in the Honghe River. It has to be said that this is a good place for killing people and throwing corpses. The thatch taller than people is a natural cover. There should be few people here, unless the corpse is highly decomposed and emits a stench, it will definitely not be discovered; and if the river floods due to heavy rain, the corpse will be washed away by the river if it is in the river. At that time, in this era of backward technology, this case will largely become an unsolved case.

There are only two possibilities for the perpetrator to use this method, either he is a veteran and has committed more than one crime, or he has superb anti-reconnaissance capabilities to apply modern criminal investigation circles. Both the former and the latter may be recidivists, and the latter may also be a person who fights against criminals.

This seemingly unremarkable case is getting more and more interesting now. Staring at the course of the Red River, Chu Xiaoyun realized that the trail between the fields that he walked just now can lead to the Red River.

Chu Xiaoyun felt a little unreasonable. Since the two strong men made up their minds to abandon Zhang Cheng's body in the river, why did they have to walk a little longer and walk around by a small path after crossing the Red River Bridge? Woolen cloth?

Could it be that the road conditions are unfamiliar? Or is it a temporary idea? Looking at this excellent place for killing and throwing corpses, I thought of the driver's testimony before.

[A strong man asked, "Have you been to that house?"

Another person replied, "Yes."

"That's okay, let's go here." 】

Obviously they had planned the location of the killing and throwing the corpse, and it was definitely not a temporary idea.

Chu Xiaoyun raised his eyes and saw a small village not far from the place where the corpses were dumped. One of the houses was particularly eye-catching. It seemed to be closer to the Heti than the others, and relatively lonely.

Chu Xiaoyun thought of the driver's testimony again.

[One of the strong men said: "Master, you also know how to let the neighbors know about this kind of thing. It's too public for us to go by car, so it's better to walk a few steps." Old man Zhang asked: "How far is it?

" I don't like walking."

"It's not far, it's not far. Did you see that, the house in front is there. It's not so good if the car gets closer."

Guessing that it's not far, old man Zhang smiled wretchedly: "Okay, for the beauty, let's take a few more steps."]

Thinking about it, those two strong men deceived the deceased by identifying that family as their own, so it makes sense. Although this path leads to the river embankment, it can also lead to the small village, but it is only divided in the middle.

Chu Xiaoyun turned back to the fork in the small road in the field, squatted down and looked at the road carefully. Almost two days had passed, and the damage to the weeds on both sides of the path could no longer be seen, but a road surface that had been trampled a little bit caught Chu Xiaoyun's attention. This was caused by slippery footsteps. Judging from the traces, the force was very strong.

It can be seen that when the three of them came here, there should have been a little conflict. The reason must be that Zhang Cheng wanted to go on the road leading to Xiaotunzi to meet the so-called "beauty" of the strong man, and the two strong men wanted him to go to the river. The three clashed here, maybe Zhang Cheng noticed something was wrong, the two strong men saw that Zhang Cheng could not be persuaded, so they made a move here. The trampled road should be caused by Zhang Cheng's struggle and resistance.

This should be the real murder scene! The thatched grass just now should be the place to throw the corpse.

It's just that the place where the corpses were thrown is not far from the place where the murder was done.

Unexpectedly, Zhang Cheng, who was famous in Hejing County, would end up like this in the end. Chu Xiaoyun stood up, feeling a little embarrassed.

The county magistrate also saw this, and asked, "Where do you plan to go next?"

Chu Xiaoyun looked at the family that was most likely to be his own, and said to the county magistrate, "Return to your lord, Why don't you go and see the family in front?"

The county magistrate looked at the relatively lonely family and nodded in agreement: "Then let's go and have a look."

A group of people came to that family.

Just after noon, the yard was quiet, only a six or seven-year-old child was playing in the yard. Seeing someone coming, the children playing in the yard ran into the house a little scared: "Brother, brother, someone is coming. There are many people."

Hearing his younger brother's shout, a young man ran out of the house in a hurry: "Who is it?"

He looked about fourteen or fifteen years old.

When he saw a group of people in the yamen, his face showed a look of surprise and fear.

"My lords, sir, what are you..."

Chu Xiaoyun hurriedly said, "Kids, don't be afraid, we just came over to have a look and ask you a little bit about the situation."

The boy who was called his brother glanced at Chu Xiaoyun Xiaoyun was dressed in a prison uniform, and his eyes became more vigilant, and at the same time, there was a layer of disapproval. Chu Xiaoyun looked at the prison uniform on his body, and felt that it was not convincing. He turned to look at the magistrate.

The county magistrate was looking at the young man at this time, feeling Chu Xiaoyun's gaze, returned his gaze, and continued to look at the young man: "You were the young man who reported to the county government with the village chief last night, right?" Chu

Xiao Many small question marks appeared on Yun's head.

When the young man heard the county magistrate's question, he hurriedly replied: "If you go back to the county magistrate, you are the grassroots."

The county magistrate heard this and scratched his nose with one hand: "It's good to call an adult, you don't need to call the county magistrate. It sounds like I'm seventy or eighty."

Chu Xiaoyun:? ? ? ? ?

The magistrate of feelings really minds if others call him old? In my impression, many modern girls don't mind being called old, even if they are thirty years old, they don't mind a baby who is a few years old calling her auntie! Do the old masters in ancient times also mind calling themselves old?

"Oh, oh. Yes, yes." The boy hurriedly replied.

Oh, it turns out that this boy is the first cowherd boy who found Zhang Cheng's body that the county magistrate said last night. Thinking of this, Chu Xiaoyun turned his lower body and looked towards Honghe, the place where Zhang Cheng's body was dumped. It is true that you can see that place at a glance, but because the side of the trail near Xiaotunzi is also overgrown with thatch, and there is a little distance, so what happened there should not be clear. But if there is something particularly dazzling, it is impossible to tell.

The county magistrate pointed at Chu Xiaoyun with the folding fan in his hand, and said to the young man, "If he has anything to ask you later, you can answer it."

The young man looked at Chu Xiaoyun with some doubts, and nodded to the county magistrate Answered: "The grass people obey."

Chu Xiaoyun asked: "Did you see anything unusual the day before yesterday?"

The young man shook his head: "I didn't see anything unusual." "

Then how did you find it in the grass?" A corpse?" Chu Xiaoyun asked again.

"My cow ran out of the pen at night. I found it after chasing the cow."

Chu Xiaoyun followed the young man's gaze and turned sideways, and sure enough, he saw a cowpen near the side of the house, which was empty. no cattle.

Chu Xiaoyun pointed to the cowshed: "Where's the cow?"

The boy said, "My parents have taken it out to plow the land."

"Oh." Chu Xiaoyun nodded.

At this time, some unemployed villagers gathered in the yard of the boy's house to watch. Seeing this, Chu Xiaoyun asked loudly: "Did you hear or see someone passing by the river bank around the time of yesterday?"

The villagers saw Chu Xiaoyun, a gangster in a prison uniform, who was here to ask questions, and the county magistrate The adults allowed it, so it felt very fresh and interesting. Originally, they thought that King Chu Yan was finished this time.

"No."

"Didn't pay attention."

"It's time for dinner, I'm so busy, how can I have the time to see what's there and what's not."

The villagers talked a lot.