Chapter 175

Some discoveries and the emperor's order, Chu Xiaoyun and others quickly cleaned up, and hurried to the place drawn on the map. Because Chu Xiaoyun wanted to report to Wei Jinghan, he went back to Hejing County first, while Jie Xun didn't need to meet a county magistrate who was lower in rank than himself, and took his subordinates to Fangchuan Waterway first.

When Chu Xiaoyun returned to the Hejing county government office, he found that Yu He had already returned to the county government office before him.

"Is the matter of the Fangchuan Corpse Pit settled?" Chu Xiaoyun asked Yu He after reporting to Wei Jinghan and leaving Wei Jinghan's study.

Yu He said: "My lord has already dealt with it."

"What's the situation, let's talk about it." Chu Xiaoyun said.

"It has already been proven that the corpses buried under the Zhenling Temple are indeed the guards of the Gu family who were attacked. Their belongings, including their clothes, were originally destroyed by the gang of thieves, but the gang of thieves did not expect that Ren's will was true. Some unattainable things can be achieved. There was a person who held a jade pendant tightly in his hand until he died, but no one found out. It was the jade pendant that confirmed the identity of the person in the corpse pit." Yu He said.

"You may not have imagined that the bone holding the jade pendant is Deng Fei's brother Deng Xing. The jade pendant he is holding is the reward given to him by Gu Qingyun for his dedication when he was a member of the Gu family's bodyguard. Later he gave the jade pendant to him. Song Yanzhi, the twin son who was sold into slavery. The jade pendant became a token of love between the two." "

Later, Deng Fei wanted to redeem him, but the money was insufficient, so Song Yanzhi took the initiative to return the jade pendant to Deng Fei. Collect the ransom. Deng Xing pawned the jade pendant and collected enough ransom, but because of Song Yanzhi's status as a family member of a prisoner, he could not redeem himself. Gu Qingyun not only helped him find a relationship to redeem the man, but also redeemed the jade pendant. ."

"I took the jade pendant you gave me back to Hejing County, and the adults ordered to post a notice to find the relatives of the deceased, and specifically asked the Gu family to let the family members of the guards who were killed in the past come to watch the notice. Song Yanzhi heard about this and went with Deng Fei When I came here, I recognized the jade pendant when I saw the posted notice. Later, Deng Fei brought Song Yanqian to the Yamen to identify the corpse, so the corpse in the corpse pit can be identified." "Unexpectedly, all the guesses turned out to be true.

" Chu Xiaoyun was not very sorry, "Fortunately, Deng Fei's wish to find his brother has finally come true." "

Well, this can be regarded as a kind of comfort." Yu He also nodded.

Chu Xiaoyun recalled his relationship with Deng Fei, and said to Yu He: "I promised Deng Fei to help him find his brother. Now that the matter is over, it finally has a happy ending. But I was not there when the body was identified. Now that I am back, I should Let's go and have a look. Do you want to go together?"

"If that's the case, why not go together." Yu He said with a smile.

It's not good to come to the house empty-handed if it's not for official business, and the Deng's family is on business. Apart from buying some sacrificial objects, the two big men thought about it for a long time but didn't know what else to buy. Later, when he accidentally thought of Shu Yu, Chu Xiaoyun realized that Deng Fei and Song Yanzhi already had a child, and this child should also entrust Song Yanzhi's longing for Deng Xing, which coincided with this incident, so he decided to buy some for him. Children's items go.

On the way to Deng Fei's house, when he passed a wooden bridge that was in disrepair in the mountains, Chu Xiaoyun suddenly remembered the case of Weitang, Deng Fei was involved in it, and the government did not hear about him for a long time, and once regarded Deng Fei as the murderer. Later I found out from Deng Fei that after he was carrying Weitang, when he passed a small wooden bridge, the wooden plank fell loose and fell from the bridge, almost dying. Is this the small bridge that Deng Fei fell off the mountain stream?

Thinking of the past, when crossing the bridge, Chu Xiaoyun specially reminded Yu He: "This bridge is not very stable. Last year, Deng Fei stepped on the air and fell, and almost died. Be careful." "There is still this matter." Yu He said

, "I didn't expect that the cases that happened in the year I was away were so thrilling."

When crossing the bridge, Chu Xiaoyun found that there was indeed a trace of repair on the bridge. It must be that the place where Deng Fei stepped on the hole last time has been repaired. The bridge deck seems to be fine.

Yu He was very careful when he stepped onto the bridge, and chattered to Chu Xiaoyun after walking a few steps: "Although this bridge is old, the wood is not yet rotten. No matter what, a big living person can fall down."

" Really?" Chu Xiaoyun doesn't know much about these things, but Yu He has been living in this era and has been walking around with his father since he was a child, so it's not surprising that he has better experience in this aspect than him.

"Yes, look, the quality of this wood is far from the point where it will break when you step on it. Could it be that when the bridge was built, new and old wood were used together? It is also possible that different types of wood were used, and some decayed quickly. Some." While chattering with Chu Xiaoyun, Yu He carefully looked at the wooden bridge where a witness almost fell to his death.

Looking across the gaps of the wooden bridge, I accidentally found a prismatic thing embedded in the middle of the wooden bridge deck, which is completely different from the round wooden bridge. Yu He couldn't help but take another look. This glance made him look at the gleaming pointed tip of the prismatic object.

"Why does this thing look like an arrowhead?" Yu He squatted down to look.

Chu Xiaoyun hurriedly followed after hearing the words, and glanced at the wooden stick stuck in the gap, it was not just a severed arrowhead. Chu Xiaoyun lay on the bridge deck and squinted his eyes to look down. The arrowhead pierced so deep that more than half of it had gone into the bridge. The upper arrow body had been cut off by the sword, leaving less than one centimeter of the arrow body.

The two looked at each other.

"How can there be such a standard arrow in this mountainous place?" Yu He asked strangely.

"Are you sure this is not used by hunters?" Chu Xiaoyun asked with a pause in his heart.

"Although the body of this arrow is less than half an inch, it can still be seen that the body of the arrow is exquisitely crafted and painted in the wind and rain in the gap of the wooden bridge; what is more important is that the arrowhead is only made of rough iron by ordinary hunters. It's also very simple, and the section of this arrowhead is more complicated from the exposed part."

"Is there such a thing?!" Chu Xiaoyun was stunned for a moment, and said resolutely, "Dig out this arrowhead and have a look. What's going on?"

"Ah? Is this necessary? Maybe it's the son of the official who came here..." Before

Yu He finished speaking, Chu Xiaoyun cut it off: "I remembered that Deng Fei once said When he fell, there was a sound of breaking wind. It was only because he was nervous at the time that he didn't pay attention. Thinking about it now, it should be the sound of arrow feathers passing." "Is there such a thing?" Yu He did

n't Calm down, "Are you suspecting that Deng Fei was framed by someone? Someone wanted to kill him to silence him?"

After finishing speaking, he continued without waiting for Chu Xiaoyun's answer: "Since this is the case, it is indeed necessary to take it out and have a look. Look at the body of the arrow. The extent of the wind and rain on the wound was about more than a year, which coincided with the time you said that Deng Fei was in danger." The arrowhead was

inserted very deep, and there was only less than half an inch of the arrow body left. It is absolutely impossible to pull it out by hand. Chu Xiaoyun looked at the broken arrowhead, and unconsciously, a scene of a vigorous warrior rushing forward appeared in his mind, pinching the body of the arrow and pulling it out forcefully, several times, the arrowhead did not seem to loosen at all, maybe it was time In a hurry, the warrior couldn't pull out the arrow, so he cut off the arrow with the sword and weapon he carried with him, and fled away.

Chu Xiaoyun stared at the arrowhead in the gap and said: "It was not easy to pull out the arrow body when it had the body, but now it is impossible to pull it out with bare hands. We can only remove this section of wood, and then take out the arrowhead." Yu He looked at it

. Looking at the sabers of myself and Chu Xiaoyun: "Our yamen sabers are not suitable for taking this thing at all. If we take it by force, the bridge will be cut down."

No wonder the owner of the arrowhead didn't take it by force. Apart from the fact that the arrowhead itself is difficult to be found in the gap, it may also be afraid of destroying the bridge and causing suspicion.

Thinking of this, Chu Xiaoyun said to Yu He: "Go to Deng Fei's house and ask Deng Fei to come. He has repaired the bridge, so he should have tools. I will guard here." "Okay, I'll come as soon as I go." Yu He crossed the bridge with a

gift Walking to Deng Fei's house, Chu Xiaoyun stayed on the bridge guarding the arrowhead.

Looking at Yu He's back, Chu Xiaoyun couldn't help thinking that in the case of Wei Tang, if Yu He was there, he sent Yu He instead of Wang Sanqiang to check the scene and verify whether what Deng Fei said was true. It has long been discovered. Deng Fei was not only cleared of his grievances, it was very likely that he had already discovered that Deng Fei was also one of the targets of being harmed. The degree to which the case is solved will be different, and I may suspect that it is the fake Gu Qingyun earlier. Maybe he wouldn't let that fellow escape easily.

On the point of solving the case, Chu Xiaoyun had to admit that Yu He was still much more talented than Wang Sanqiang.

But everything is in the past, all we have to do now is to seize the moment.

Less than half an hour later, Yu He brought Deng Fei to the wooden bridge. As a farmer living in the deep mountains, Deng Fei has all the tools. Using a mace and a chisel, he removed the arrowhead with as little damage to the bridge as possible.

Looking at the arrowheads he took out, Deng Fei also confirmed that the hunters here would not use this kind of arrowheads, and that the small bridge usually passes by nearby farmers. After Yu He took the arrowhead back to the Yamen, it was soaked in potion and the exact time was deduced. This arrowhead was indeed nailed into the wood on the bridge at the time when Deng Fei was in danger.

Past cases once again lifted a layer of veil.

Thinking about it, the fake Gu Qingyun wanted to get rid of not only Wei Tang who might want Zhou Ying to expose his true face at any time, but also Deng Fei who was always looking for his brother. Both of these people may reveal his identity at any time. His actions can be described as killing two birds with one stone. At that time, I did confuse my own eyes, but fortunately, the truth will come to light one day. And they waited.

Looking at the arrowhead protruding from the wooden bridge, Deng Fei was afraid for a while, and sighed: "Unexpectedly, it was not an accident that the wooden bridge fell down, but someone deliberately wanted my life for it." "The thief is afraid that you will fall

. The mountain stream is not dead, but you have to shoot arrows from behind. It's just that people are not as good as God, and you still escaped this catastrophe. The crime of that counterfeit has added another piece of evidence." Chu Xiaoyun put away the broken arrow, "Now the case The truth is revealed, and your brother will be relieved when he is alive. I hope you will take good care of Song Yanzhi and live a good life."

Deng Fei said solemnly and affectionately: "That is natural. No matter why, I will take good care of Yanzhi."

Chu Xiao Looking at Deng Fei's affectionate face, Yun unconsciously thought of Su Wen again. In this situation, he missed Su Wen and Xiao Shuyu who were far away in the capital.

Yu He elbowed Chu Xiaoyun at the side, and smiled mysteriously: "Let me guess what our catcher Chu is thinking? Ah, it must be my sister-in-law and nephew who are far away in the capital. "

Chu Xiaoyun gave Yu He a backhand.

When Deng Fei saw the fight between the two, he smiled gently and said: "Chu Butou is also a person who values ​​affection."

Yu He laughed while running: "It goes without saying that when we were handling cases before, Chu Butou was always Bring my sister-in-law with me. Wherever we go to investigate the case, we take it there."

Chu Xiaoyun recalled those days when he took Su Wen to investigate the case, and the expression on his face became more gentle. Those things that weren't so long ago, when I think about it now, seem to have happened for many years. Although it was a last resort due to the assassination of the thieves at the time, it is a rare and sweet day when I think about it now.

Now Su Wen is safe and sound, but something is changing inadvertently. Chu Xiaoyun had a premonition that even if they had cut off the Hu people's line, Su Wen might not have the same ordinary life as before when he came back from the capital. However, he still misses the old days very much, misses that now that he is busy investigating cases, he rarely goes back, and almost forgets that he traveled through time and left the home for him with his original body.

If given the chance, he hopes to go back to the old days.