Chapter 13

Chu Xiaoyun saw old man Zhang's body in the autopsy room. He had an unusually ugly face when he was alive, and it was even more terrifying after death. Chu Xiaoyun asked: "I wonder if my lord can let Xiaomin come forward and take a look?" While speaking, he moved his bound body.

The county magistrate said: "Untie him."

The head catcher was very doubtful, but was stopped by the master following the county magistrate: "Boot head Yang, why do you always stop the words of the county magistrate?" "

The subordinates dare not. "Catcher Yang had no choice but to order his subordinates to untie Chu Xiaoyun.

Chu Xiaoyun stepped forward to examine the old man's body carefully. The cervical vertebrae had been completely broken, the head was only connected to the body with skin and flesh, and the eye sockets were protruding. Such a bad degree made it rare for Chu Xiaoyun, who was a criminal policeman in his previous life.

It can be seen from this that the assailant has amazing strength and is likely to be a martial artist. The victim did not have any precautions at the time, and it was too late to make any resistance. It would definitely not be the case where there were signs of fighting as Yang Butou said.

For such a serious crime, I have not suffered too much. Either this era is indeed very clear, or it is more certain that someone knows that he is not the murderer, or both.

Chu Xiaoyun inspected the dead body carefully, and found some pink powder between the nails. At first he thought it was earth powder, but it looked pink because the light was too dark. I rubbed it with my hands and found that the texture was fine and not muddy. He put his powdered fingers under his nose and smelled it, and there was a fragrance. I thought it was something like powder.

Although the deceased was ugly and wretched, he had a good family background and was extremely particular about his clothes and personal image. The rest of the nails are very clean, definitely not the filth that is rubbed on at ordinary times, presumably this powder should be something that the deceased had touched in the last period of time before his death.

Before that, Chu Xiaoyun didn't understand why this person died between the Su family and the original owner's house. Now it seems that the deceased had been to other places before his death. Either it turned back for some reason, or it was just a dumping ground.

Chu Xiaoyun asked the assistant at the side for a wooden stick, and carefully scraped the dead man's fingers into the porcelain plate containing the evidence. During the scraping process, he hid some under his nails, and then presented the porcelain plate containing the powder to the county magistrate: "My lord, I found something like powder on the body of the deceased. This is a clue, my lord." You can send someone to investigate in this direction."

The master took the porcelain plate and handed it over to the county magistrate, who put the porcelain plate under his nose and sniffed it: "It's really a surprise that you have discovered such a small thing hidden in such a hidden place Already."

Wait, Chu Xiaoyun suddenly thought of a question. He remembered that old man Zhang brought a lot of entourage to the Su family that day, afterward only Pei Jin went home with him to get the land deed, and the rest of the entourage should be old man Zhang returned home. What about those people? Those people should be the ones who know the whereabouts of old man Zhang best. And judging from the makeup powder left on his nails, it is presumed that the deceased should have been in contact with a woman or someone who carried makeup powder before his death. These things and people should not be people and things that appear in the countryside.

Chu Xiaoyun immediately raised his question to the magistrate.

The county magistrate's expression was a little subtle: "The servants of Zhang's family said that they escorted his young master into the city. His young master said he had something to do, so he got off the sedan chair and sent the others back home first.

" Well, old man Zhang went back to the city first, and then his body appeared in Honglin Village again. This coincided with my own thoughts. There must be a reason why old man Zhang's body appeared in Honglin Village.

After Chu Xiaoyun made a discovery, he spoke with more confidence: "Dare to ask, sir, when did the deceased die? When and where was the body discovered by whom?" The county magistrate looked at Chu Xiaoyun carefully again

. : "He died at about 3:00 o'clock the day before yesterday. The body was first discovered by a cowherd boy in the reeds by the Red River."

Since the body was found by the Red River, it is presumed that the murderer did it not far from Su's house, or threw the body away. Regardless of the possibility, one thing is certain, the murderer chose this section of the road to commit crimes, and it seemed that he had something to do with him, maybe he wanted to blame him, or there might be other reasons. Otherwise, as Catcher Yang said, this old man lives in the county seat, so why did he return to Honglin Village alone after returning home.

Thinking of this, another flash of inspiration came to Chu Xiaoyun's mind, and he hurried to look at the shoes of the deceased. Sure enough, old man Zhang's shoes were not the soles for walking on the dirt road in the country. Although there is some mud and dust on it, it is very shallow, and more of it is the watermark of grass juice.

According to common sense calculations, old man Zhang must go in and out by sedan chair when he goes out. After he returned to the city, he had sent his bearers back home, so how did he get to Honglin Village? Is it a sedan chair or a carriage? Certainly not impossible to go. In this way, in the last period of his life, besides the murderer, someone must have seen him. Unless the murderer is the bearer or the driver.

Chu Xiaoyun then informed the county magistrate of these findings: "Your Excellency, you might as well send someone to the county to inquire about the industry of the bearers, and you should gain something."

This time the county magistrate expressed surprise on his face.

Chu Xiaoyun suddenly remembered something, and added: "Maybe the coachman also checked? Maybe he hired a car?" The

county magistrate looked at him more deeply.

Chu Xiaoyun didn't notice the county magistrate's last look, and focused on the time of Old Man Zhang's death. He hooked his fingers and calculated the modern time corresponding to the twelve o'clock. It should be around six o'clock in the afternoon. He was sure that Wang Sanqiang was still at home at that time, and he could testify for himself. Wang Sanqiang is not his twin son, so his testimony should count. I have a certificate, but the effectiveness of this certificate depends on whether the other party recognizes it or not.

Chu Xiaoyun's heart is like riding a roller coaster, going up and down, very exciting. However, in general, the current situation is still beneficial to oneself, it just depends on whether the other party admits it or not. It's not good to talk about the testimony of this person now, so as not to bring any trouble to Wang Sanqiang, or even kill him.

"When did the Zhang family report the case?" Chu Xiaoyun thought a lot, collected his thoughts and asked again.

On the afternoon when he redeemed Su Wen, old man Zhang died. It stands to reason that the government should pay great attention to the disappearance of old man Zhang. Why did it take so long to find the body, and it took him a whole day to catch himself? ?

"Report to the police?" The county magistrate was a little puzzled, but Chu Xiaoyun really answered every question he had. "Are you talking about reporting to the officials? Someone from Zhang's residence said that his son went out yesterday and has not returned yet." Chu

Xiaoyun Xiaoyun calculated the time again, and it was around 9 o'clock last night that he reported the case. At that time, old man Zhang had been dead for more than a day. Why didn't the Zhang family report the crime during that day? What are they doing again?

Many questions arose in Chu Xiaoyun's mind. However, these questions may not be answered until tomorrow in court. In the end, Chu Xiaoyun proposed to visit the place where the body was found tomorrow, and the county magistrate also allowed it, but he had to wait until after the trial.

Chu Xiaoyun was escorted to the county government prison. When he was locked, Catcher Yang stared at him in disbelief, and seemed to be a little jealous: "You are a rascal, and you can talk to the county magistrate and listen to your nonsense for so long , I underestimated you."

Chu Xiaoyun said lightly: "Yang Butou thinks too much."

After Yang Butou left, Chu Xiaoyun tore off a small piece of rag from his clothes, and carefully cleaned his nails. The bit of makeup and powder hidden in the seam was shaken off in the rags, and it was easy to wrap it up and put it in the pocket.

Early the next morning, Chu Xiaoyun listened to the notification from the prison guard that someone came to visit him. You don't need to think about it to know that it is Su Wen and Wang Sanqiang. In this strange world, there are still people who care about him, Chu Xiaoyun feels warm in his heart.

Not long after the prison guard's announcement, Chu Xiaoyun saw Su Wen and Wang Sanqiang running in a hurry.

After Chu Xiaoyun was taken away last night, Su Wen went to find Wang Sanqiang at the address Chu Xiaoyun said. Wang Sanqiang followed Chu Xiaoyun on weekdays, but it still played a role at critical moments. He first comforted Su Wen not to worry, and would accompany him to the county government office after dawn. He also believed that Chu Xiaoyun was innocent, and would do his best to help Chu Xiaoyun clarify.

With a backbone, Su Wen gradually calmed down.

Across the railing of the cell, Chu Xiaoyun reassured Su Wen that he was fine, told him what he knew about the case, and the county magistrate's attitude towards him. After a trial, he should be able to persuade the county magistrate to allow him to testify against himself and find out the real culprit . They chatted for a few words, Chu Xiaoyun saw the prison guard walking away, and handed the rag bag holding the powder in his arms to Su Wen: "This is a powder-like thing picked from the nails of the deceased, Su Wen, you Take a look."

Although Su Wen's parents are masters of rouge and gouache, Su Wen was only nine years old when they died, and there was no condition to study it afterwards. Chu Xiaoyun came here entirely by chance.

Unexpectedly, Su Wen took the cloth bag, unfolded it under his nose, sniffed it, and said: "This is a mixture of several cheap rouge powders. They are cheap and have a strong fragrance. Most people don't use them often, and most of them are from the wind and dust. People like it better."

Chu Xiaoyun didn't expect his luck to be so good. He said to Su Wen: "You put this cloth bag away. Don't worry about anything else, I have my own way."