Chapter 82

Chu Xiaoyun didn't expect that besides Mr. Gu, there was also Mr. Gu's wife who came. Regarding Zhou Ying's refusal to accept the money, both of them were obviously disappointed, and they looked quite guilty.

After all, the family who have been together for several years and have been together for two years have ended up with the current ending. Regret is normal and loss is understandable, but where does this feeling of guilt come from?

The reaction of Gu Yuanwai and his wife was beyond Chu Xiaoyun's expectation, which made him quite puzzled.

However, the entrustment has been completed, no matter what the outcome is, it is the choice of the people at that time, and there is no need for him to be too entangled.

Leaving Gu's mansion, walked some distance and looked back. Looking at the tall concierge of the Gu family, full of guests and friends, and thinking of Zhou Ying's situation in that low wooden house earlier, I couldn't help but feel sad.

While thoughts were flying, a spark bloomed in Chu Xiaoyun's mind. Although it was only fleeting, it was still caught by Chu Xiaoyun keenly.

Chu Xiaoyun remembered one thing, which he didn't understand before, but now it is very confusing. Before, he always thought that the Zhuang family was more powerful than the Gu family. Although the Gu family didn't know who was behind the scenes, but in the struggle between the light and the dark, the Gu family couldn't beat the Zhuang family, which made Gu Qingyun imprisoned. In particular, Zheng Xing helped him find out that Zhuang Di's hometown was originally in Gyeongju Prefecture, not the small county town of Hejing County, which convinced him even more.

Just like modern people generally think that people in cities and provincial capitals are richer than people in county towns; so in ancient times, people in state capitals naturally believed that people in state capitals were richer than people in county towns. Chu Xiaoyun inevitably fell into such a misunderstanding.

But today, I heard from the people of Hejing County that the Gu family is a leading big family in nearby counties. Only then did Chu Xiaoyun come to his senses, remembering his previous life, he was either the richest man in the country or a native of the capital! Thinking of Shen Wansan, the richest man in the Ming Dynasty, the reason why Zhouzhuang became famous was not because of him. Shen Wansan, the richest man in the Ming Dynasty, lived neither in Nanjing, where he first met, nor in Beijing, where the capital was later established. My previous understanding was really biased. And judging from the Gu family's banquet for the whole city people today, it can be seen that what the people of Hejing County said about the Gu family is true.

That being the case, the wealth of the Gu family should be far higher than that of the Zhuang family, so why did Zhuang Di instigate Zhou Sheng to falsely accuse Gu Qingyun, Gu Qingyun not only failed to get rid of the suspicion by relying on the family's wealth, but ended up with the death penalty? But anything that can be solved with money is nothing to the Gu family, right?

Of course, this does not mean that Chu Xiaoyun approves of this kind of behavior where power and money are greater than the law. It's just that for the ancient times when the legal system was not perfect, this kind of thing was too common. Could it be that the county magistrate and others are really noble enough not to be moved by money? Is Gu Qingyun's end really just because the county magistrate and others couldn't figure out the case?

But judging from what Zhou Sheng said, Zhuang Di would always buy him, so how could he miss the county magistrate and others. It shows that the county magistrate and others are not people who cannot be bought with money. Since it's a competition for financial resources, the Gu family has no reason to admit defeat! What's more, the one who needs to be saved is still his only son, so how can he not do his best?

Then again, if the county magistrate and the others had no choice but to tie up with Zhuang Di for whatever reason, they would stand opposite the wealthy Gu family. The relationship at the level of the county government can't get through, and what about the relationship with the state government above? Why didn't the Gu family run around actively, but calmed down, led the neck to be slaughtered, and sat and waited for death?

This is really counterintuitive!

On the way to the Zhuang Mansion, Chu Xiaoyun thought a lot, and his mind was in a mess. Is this case really over? He was a little puzzled. But Zhuang Di's purpose of abducting Zhou Ying, Zhou Ying, as the person involved, has already said, and Zhou Ying is not dead, this is the biggest fact. All other doubts seemed so pale and powerless in front of Zhou Sheng suing Gu Qingyun for killing his wife and silencing his mouth.

Chu Xiaoyun felt extremely confused!

I can't think of any results by myself, so I'd better wait until I see an adult before discussing it. Now Yu He is busy in the Zhuang Mansion alone, if the inventory of the property of the Zhuang Mansion is finished, I don't know if there will be some other discoveries. Thinking of this, Chu Xiaoyun quickened his pace.

In the Zhuang Mansion, Chu Xiaoyun and Yu He worked together, and the progress was much faster. Before it was time to release the yamen, someone came to report that the Gu mansion invited people from the yamen to visit the Gu family, and the unfinished business will be done tomorrow.

It turned out that this was what Gu Qingyun said before, and the Gu family actually submitted a post to the county government, but they were traveling outside, so they didn't know.

The Gu family held a three-day banquet for guests, and the yamen had to keep people on duty, and urgent official duties could not be stopped, and people in the yamen could go there in turn. Chu Xiaoyun said to Yu He: "You go, leave this place to me."

Generally, on the first day, the chief officer of a department goes first, and there is no reason to let a subordinate go first. Yu He quickly waved his hand: "Captain, you've broken me."

Chu Xiaoyun kicked him on the ass: "You're not tired enough after a busy day? Hurry up, there's still plenty of work to do in the next few days.

" It's a pity that I stared at the Zhuang Mansion for a day by myself, and let myself enjoy it first, it's really touching. Seeing that his boss was so sympathetic to him, Yu He stuffed the account book into Chu Xiaoyun's arms with a smile, and brought the pen and ink to Chu Xiaoyun: "Captain, I will work hard for you." Even if you are working in Zhuang's

mansion , I also heard about the grandeur of the Gu residence. Yu He, who has never seen such a battle, also wants to see the world.

Yu He took the people away, Chu Xiaoyun quickly said to the arrester who came to change shifts: "All kinds of items are classified and registered, and then come to me to reconcile the account." After speaking,

holding the account book, he jumped onto a Almond tree, lying on it in a daze.

What he saw today shocked Chu Xiaoyun's heart too much, and he was not in the mood to face the people of the Gu family at this time.

For the next two days, the whole Hejing County was like a festival, singing and dancing everywhere, full of joy. In the first two days, Chu Xiaoyun did not go to Gu's house with excuses, but he couldn't escape the last day. Yu He said that the Zhuang Mansion's belongings have been counted, so what else can you worry about? Chu Xiaoyun could only explain the rest to Yu He, and rushed to Gu's house in the afternoon of the last day.

Before going to Gu's house, he turned the corner and went to Zhihe Bookstore to pick up Su Wen. The lights in Gu's mansion were dimmed, and the sound of music filled the beams. The night fell and there was no tendency to give up. Chu Xiaoyun excused that Su Wen was unwell and left the venue first.

Crossing two streets is the alley leading to Zhou's house. Chu Xiaoyun looked at the alley and stopped. I have been busy with official duties these days, and forgot to pay attention to Zhou Ying's situation next week. I don't know if she has rented a house yet. It's just that it's getting late now, wouldn't it be inappropriate for him to visit Zhou Ying alone? He suddenly thought of Su Wen beside him, and thought it would be okay if he brought his partner?

Just when Chu Xiaoyun was hesitating, under the dim candlelight, a person came from the other side of the street.

It's not who Zhou Ying is.

"Miss Zhou." I didn't expect to meet Zhou Ying on the street, it was really a wonderful thing. Chu Xiaoyun took Su Wen forward to meet him, "I didn't expect to meet you here."

Su Wen also said happily: "Sister Zhou, I haven't seen you for a few days."

"It's only two days." Zhou Ying smiled at Su Wen With a smile, he looked at the direction Chu Xiaoyun came from and asked, "Did Catcher Chu go to the Gu Mansion for a banquet?"

Chu Xiaoyun did not expect that Zhou Ying would take the initiative to mention the Gu family, and there was no evasion in his words. Zhou Ying's attitude was generous, and he was relieved: "I just came out of Gu's residence." Seeing Zhou Ying's dusty look, he asked, "It's so late, where is Miss

Zhou going?"

Ask: "I wonder if Ms. Zhou has rented a house?"

"Sister Zhou, you have settled down, I will go to see you. You are so good at embroidery, and I can make rouge and gouache. Maybe we can cooperate in the future." Su Wen also hurriedly said.

Chu Xiaoyun did not expect that the two had already exchanged cooperation matters before.

Zhou Ying pursed her lips: "I've found a place to live, thank you for the note from Catcher Chu."

Then she turned to Su Wen and said, "I'll tell you when I have a chance." What

Zhou Ying said was finding a place to live, not renting a house . Chu Xiaoyun keenly noticed the difference between the words. He asked, "Where is the place you are looking for?"

Zhou Ying bit her lip and said nothing.

Chu Xiaoyun stared into her eyes: "Your brother's house will be taken back tomorrow, and your sister-in-law and nephew will also arrive tomorrow." Time was

a little frozen, and it took a long time for Zhou Ying to look away and said: "There is a house near the east city. The abandoned ruined temple, let's go there first and make a living."

Chu Xiaoyun looked at the dust on Zhou Ying's body: "You are covered in dust, did you go to clean that ruined temple?"

Zhou Ying nodded.

"Husband..." Su Wen grabbed Chu Xiaoyun's sleeve and shook it lightly, tears were about to overflow from his eyes.

Chu Xiaoyun patted the back of Su Wen's hand reassuringly, and said to Zhou Ying, "I will go to your brother's house tomorrow. Before I arrive, no one will tell you not to leave.

" He took it off and handed it to Zhou Ying: "Take it."

Zhou Ying didn't move.

Chu Xiaoyun handed the waist card to Su Wen, and Su Wen took the waist card and stuffed it into Zhou Ying's hand, then returned to Chu Xiaoyun.

Zhou Ying looked at Chu Xiaoyun and his wife for a long while, and bowed: "Thank you, Catcher Chu, for helping me many times."

Chu Xiaoyun waved his hand: "Just don't lose the belt card to me."

Zhou Ying suddenly Tears turned into laughter.

Back at the yamen, Chu Xiaoyun settled Su Wen, and then ran outside Wei Jinghan's residence to wait. The past few days have been busy with official duties, and when I suddenly got idle, I felt sleepy instead. Just when Chu Xiaoyun felt that he was about to fall asleep, he heard the voice of the yamen servant calling "get off the sedan chair".

Chu Xiaoyun, who was dozing against the corner, hurriedly got up and went forward: "Your Excellency is back?"

Wei Jinghan was a little surprised to see Chu Xiaoyun waiting outside his residence: "What are you doing squatting here?" "

I Ah..." Chu Xiaoyun smirked twice, "I have a few words to say to my lord, and I hope to get my lord's clarification."

Wei Jinghan shook his head, got out of the sedan chair and walked into the yard. When he stepped into the yard, he turned his head and said: "Come in."

In the flower hall of Wei Jinghan's residence, Wei Jinghan asked after sitting down, "Speaking of which, what's the matter?"

Chu Xiaoyun hurried over and sat across from her, and smiled: "Your Excellency knows the truth, so I'll be blunt. Zhou Ying offended the Gu family, and no one is willing to rent a house to her. Tomorrow the government will take back her brother's house. A woman with two children, living in a dilapidated temple with wind leaking from all sides, heavy rain outside and light rain inside, will it damage your image, sir?" "I want to

give her the house I rented outside , although it was a bit of a joke, it can make do. But the owner of that house has resold the house to the Gu family a few days ago, which means that I am actually renting the house of the Gu family now. I am afraid that Zhou Ying will not go there." Wei Jinghan has a

feeling Na Chu Xiaoyun looked at him helplessly: "The government offices at all levels have a group of public housing for the poor people in the city under their jurisdiction. But the review is relatively strict, and generally they will not give it to the family members of the prisoners." Chu Xiaoyun thought for a while

: "Although Zhou Ying has reconciled with Gu Qingyun now, she is already married. Can't she be considered Zhou Sheng's family? The house is rented to Zhou Ying, not to Zhou Sheng's wife." Wei

Jinghan After taking a sip of tea, he looked at Chu Xiaoyun.

Chu Xiaoyun looked back at Wei Jinghan deliberately pretending to be stupid.

"Forget it, then you can run errands yourself tomorrow. There are a lot of procedures, and many bureaucrats have signed and pledged. Zhou Ying will go by himself. I'm afraid it will be difficult." Wei Jinghan said.

"Yes, I understand!" Chu Xiaoyun said cheerfully, "Thank you, my lord." "

Well, are you all right? Go back if you're all right." Wei Jinghan got up to see off the guests.

The expression on Chu Xiaoyun's face turned serious.

Wei Jinghan looked at him suspiciously and said, "Is there anything else?"

Chu Xiaoyun resumed his serious expression, "I said I wanted to ask my lord for advice, of course I did." "Well,

what's the matter?" Wei Jinghan sat back down again.

Chu Xiaoyun poured out all the things he had been thinking about for the past few days but had never had the chance to ask about. In the end, he said: "I think it is against common sense for the Gu family not to fight back against Zhou Sheng, a man who has nothing in the Gu family's opinion, and to sit and wait for his death."