Chapter 20

In the following time, Chu Xiaoyun did not receive a notice from the county magistrate to send him an interrogation, nor did he receive a notice to re-open the hall. At first he wondered if the county magistrate was clueless and didn't want to always ask himself, a suspect, for help. Then he thought about the county magistrate's shrewdness, and feared that it was only a matter of time.

After three days of boredom in the prison, he finally waited for the notice of the trial. Chu Xiaoyun guessed in his heart that the real murderer had been caught. When he was escorted to the court, he met Yang Butou with a gloomy face on the road. Chu Xiaoyun had 90% of his thoughts in his mind. It seems that the county magistrate did not send the county government to arrest the real culprit this time.

"Yang Butou." When passing by, Chu Xiaoyun called him, "How busy are you lately?"

Yang Butou glared at him fiercely: "You are still wearing a crime, what are you crazy about?" "

Chu Xiaoyun understood, and he smiled slightly: "Catcher Yang thought too much, I think the county magistrate will be able to clear Chu's innocence today." When he went to

court, he found that people from the Zhang family had arrived. Chu Xiaoyun nodded and smiled friendly, but the other party either turned a blind eye to him or glared at him. Chu Xiaoyun didn't mind either, and stopped opposite the people in Zhang's residence.

The door was already crowded with onlookers at this time. Su Wen was still standing in the innermost place, and Wang Sanqiang was also there.

Soon the county magistrate sat down in court and announced that the other two suspects in this case had arrived.

The people outside the courtroom were discussing and excited.

The county magistrate patted the gavel twice: "Silence! Take the suspect!"

The yamen servant standing in the hall shouted: "Bring the suspect!"

Soon, two big men in white prison uniforms were escorted to the hall by the yamen servant.

"Kneel down!" The yamen servant escorted the man to kneel down in the hall. Both of them had disheveled hair and wounds on their bodies. They had either fought against the government when they were arrested, or they had been interrogated before.

It can be seen that the murderer has been identified.

When the onlookers saw it, there was another burst of discussion after exclaiming.

The county magistrate made a brief statement of the previous situation, and slapped the gavel: "Chu Xiaoyun, Lu He, and Zhao Wu, the two kneeling in the hall, but you three have seen people before." Lu He is the

coachman , Zhao Wu is the hawker who sells rouge.

After hearing the magistrate's words, the three turned their heads to the two kneeling.

The county magistrate said: "The people kneeling in the hall raise their heads!"

When Chu Xiaoyun was in modern society, he had a strong ability to recognize faces when arresting criminal suspects and comparing them with portraits. Just one glance confirmed that those two people were indeed the people he had seen at Su Shiming's house who blocked his way.

"Go back to your lord. It is indeed the person Xiaomin saw at Su Shiming's house before." Chu Xiaoyun said first.

After Chu Xiaoyun answered, Lu He and Zhao Wu also saw the two clearly, and said in unison.

"Return to my lord, these two are the people who hired grassroots vehicles."

"Return to my lord, these two are exactly the people I saw in front of the gate of Yichun courtyard."

"Can the three of you see clearly?" The county magistrate Ask.

"See clearly." The three said in unison.

The county magistrate patted the gavel again: "The person kneeling in the hall, Zhang Cheng, a businessman in this county, was killed by the two of you? Do you have anything to say about the allegations made by the three witnesses in the hall?" The two big men said together:

" My lord, the grass people are wronged. The grass people really didn't kill people."

Another person quickly kowtowed and agreed: "We didn't kill people, we hope you will learn from us."

The county magistrate said: "Could it be that the three of them have wronged you?"

The two looked at each other: "No, no, no, what they said is true, but we didn't kill anyone." "

Why did you invite me ?" Zhang Cheng went to Honghe Village, where did he go after crossing the Honghe Bridge? When and where did you two separate from Zhang Cheng? Do you have any witnesses?" The county magistrate slapped the gavel and pressed on step by step.

"This..." The two were dumbfounded.

The county magistrate said again: "It seems that you will not die until you reach the Yellow River. Come here, and present the evidence." The

yamen servant brought the evidence, and there was a jade ring on the tray. Chu Xiaoyun looked familiar, and then remembered that he and Zhang Is the size of the pattern on the belt not exactly the same? Unexpectedly, there was a jade ring on the pattern. When I checked the corpse, I couldn't see it. I still don't know much about the clothes of this era.

The county magistrate said to Zhang: "Madam Zhang, do you recognize this thing?"

Zhang Cheng's wife cried when she saw the jade ring: "This is exactly the jade ring on my husband's belt. Husband, you died so badly——" The county

magistrate Then he patted the gavel and scolded: "This thing was found from the baggage of the two of you, do you have anything to say?"

The two of them kowtowed like garlic: "My lord, spare my life, my lord, spare my life. The villain is also temporarily obsessed with money, and it was not intentional." Murder. My lord, please spare me!"

Hearing that the two had confessed their crimes, Zhang Cheng's wife rushed up like crazy, and beat and kicked the two of them: "Ahhhh——I'm going to kill you! Give back my husband's life! Come on! My husband, you died so badly! I won't live after you die—"

Seeing this, the yamen servant on standby hurried forward and pulled Mrs. Zhang away.

The county magistrate patted the startled wood three times and said: "Mr. Zhang, you are not allowed to roar in the courtroom. This county misses you who recently lost your husband and lost control of your emotions in a hurry, so I don't want to pursue it this time, but you must not do it again!"

Zhang Cheng's wife sniffled and apologized to the county magistrate: "Women, women can't control their emotions for a while, please forgive me." Then she said: "The revenge of killing my husband is irreconcilable! Lord

Wanwang died tragically for me Revenge for my husband! The women and the Zhang family are very grateful!"

The magistrate said: "It is the duty of this county to punish the evil and promote the good. Naturally, a criminal will not be let go, so you step back." After saying that, the county

magistrate turned to the two A big man said: "Why did you two kill Zhang Cheng? Why don't you quickly tell the truth!"

The two big men looked at each other and told the truth.

It turned out that the two were businessmen traveling the rivers and lakes. They had made some money in the business before, but they lost it in the casino. They were worried about how to explain when they went home. Passing by Honghe Village, I saw a lot of people surrounded by the third and outer third floors of Su's house, so I went to watch the excitement. Finding out that Zhang Cheng was very rich, the two conspired to seize the money.

However, Zhang Cheng had many entourages, and they followed all the way to the county seat until the entourage of Zhang's mansion left before they had a chance to speak to him.

They witnessed the whole process of Chu Xiaoyun's redemption of Su Wen, knowing that although Zhang Cheng agreed with Chu Xiaoyun's redemption of Su Wen, they still couldn't forget him, so they lied to him. It is said that Chu Xiaoyun redeemed Su Wen back, just wanting to use him as a house prostitute to make money. Knowing that Mr. Zhang disliked the pair's innocence and ruined them, and they couldn't marry them back home, they asked him to come and inform Zhang Cheng, so they could go home and play with them. He also walked along a shoe that Su Wen had hung in the yard as a token and showed it to Zhang Cheng.

Zhang Cheng believed it, so he followed the two of them to Honglin Village.

Originally, the two only planned to make money, and decided that a celebrity like Zhang Cheng would never dare to report to the government because he would not be deceived by recruiting prostitutes. Unexpectedly, Zhang Cheng became suspicious halfway, and wanted to go back, calling loudly. Seeing that they couldn't control themselves, the two of them killed someone by mistake in a panic.

The two strong men kowtowed and pleaded guilty, hoping that the county magistrate would give him a lighter punishment.

The county magistrate ordered the signer who was in charge of recording the confession to provide the statement to the two people for review, and signed it correctly.

After the two big men signed the painting, their knees suddenly weakened, and they couldn't even kneel steadily.

The county magistrate slapped the gavel and announced: "The truth of this case has come to light. The two criminals killed the victim Zhang Cheng by extremely bad means, and fled to resist arrest. According to my Dacheng law, the county sentenced them to beheaded. The county will report to the magistrate for review and execute it! Chu Xiaoyun was innocently involved and released without charge."

There was warm applause outside the courtroom, and the people shouted that the county magistrate is wise.

Su Wen and Wang Sanqiang were the happiest. Hearing the county magistrate's announcement that Chu Xiaoyun was released without charge, Su Wen's eyes were full of tears, while Wang Sanqiang was so excited that he rubbed his hands together.

Chu Xiaoyun took back his clothes from the yamen servant and changed them, walked out of the courtroom and said to Su Wen, "It's all right, let's go home."

Su Wen nodded excitedly.

These days, the case of Zhang Cheng's murder and Chu Xiaoyun's redemption of Su Wen were widely known in Hejing County, and many people changed their views on Chu Xiaoyun because of this. After the three of them left the county office, along the way, the people in Hejing County did not avoid seeing Chu Xiaoyun, and even if they were bold, they would even look at him.

After leaving the county town, there were fewer pedestrians on the road, and the surrounding area became quieter. Chu Xiaoyun asked Su Wen: "Are you afraid at night these few days?"

Su Wen said softly, "Brother Sanqiang will come to accompany me at night, so I'm not afraid."

Wang Sanqiang jumped three feet high when he heard this: "Brother, Brother Yun Don't get me wrong! I was afraid that my sister-in-law would be afraid if you were not at home, so I went over to give him courage. I lay the floor in your main room at night, and there is absolutely no deviance. If there is even a half lie , the sky is struck by lightning!"

Su Wen also explained in a low voice: "It's like this, Brother Sanqiang just came here to give me courage."

After speaking, he took a peek at Chu Xiaoyun, and two red clouds flew up on his face.

Chu Xiaoyun didn't expect that a question he cared about would lead to such a thing. Of course he wouldn't feel that there was anything wrong with the two of them. If you don't know Wang Sanqiang, don't you know Su Wen? With his personality that would rather die than surrender, how could he have an affair with someone.

Seeing the scene in front of him, Chu Xiaoyun finally raised his hand and slapped Wang Sanqiang lightly: "What are you talking about, don't put gold on your face! You went to my house, what will Aunt Wang do?

" Thinking about his mother's illness, Wang Sanqiang was very moved: "I entrusted Er Niu next door to take care of it for me. Brother, don't worry. You are fine. Now my sister-in-law is relieved, and I am also relieved." Back

to The small broken courtyard left by the original owner, his own home. Chu Xiaoyun's eyes lit up. The changes in the yard are really great. The seeds that were sprinkled earlier have now grown out, and the yard is lush and thriving. It looks much more alive than when I first wore it.

Su Wen has carefully cleared out the leisure space in the yard other than planting vegetables. Except for the fallen leaves of the fruit trees in the yard, there is no debris on the ground. Every room has been cleaned up and tidy, and it looks much brighter than before. On the window sills, under the eaves, on the side of the table, on the stone table, the abandoned pots and jars in the house were all cleaned out by Su Wen and planted with different wild flowers, which looked very fresh and homely.

Chu Xiaoyun touched Su Wen's hand: "You have worked hard these days."

Su Wen shook his head: "I can't do anything else, I can only clean up the house."

Chu Xiaoyun remembered his previous promise, although he was reluctant , also unwilling, but still spoke: "Su Wen, what I said in the court before does not count. You are still free. Whenever you want to leave, just tell me at any time, don't worry."

Unexpectedly, Su Wen's face lost all color after hearing this, and he didn't make a sound for a long while.