Chapter 58

Chu Xiaoyun waved to let the arrester send Zhou Sheng away, and said to Yu He: "Forget it, now I can only go to the file cabinet to check if there are any other evidence left in this case." I fiddled with the dossier: "To be honest, I'm curious, is this dossier serious? It seems to have said everything, but if I really want to investigate, I feel like I didn't remember anything. The people who handled the case before Unreliable? Didn't you say that the former county magistrate personally intervened in the case?"

Yu He looked at Chu Xiaoyun and shrugged: "I didn't come here on the same day as you?"

Chu Xiaoyun sighed, and rolled up the file in Yu He A pat on the shoulder: "Let's go, two cobblers, Zhuge Liang."

Yu He thought about it seriously: "Aren't there three?"

"What three?" Chu Xiaoyun was puzzled.

"Three cobblers are better than Zhuge Liang." Yu He said.

Chu Xiaoyun: "..." The fictional dynasty that he passed through was after the Three Kingdoms?

"You are better than Zhuge Liang, and I am the best of Zhuge Liang." Chu Xiaoyun couldn't laugh or cry, "Hurry up, half a day will pass, and you don't have any clues yet."

Yu He sighed pretending to be serious: "I've been arrested ." Let's give our subordinates a chance!"

Chu Xiaoyun responded with a punch, and Yu He dodged it with a smile.

They went to the Archives Pavilion to search for evidence. According to the year number of the Archives Pavilion, they searched all the materials on the shelves of that year but found no useful clues.

"You said what's going on with this case, but there is only one dossier that only records the course of the case, without any supporting evidence." Chu Xiaoyun said.

Yu He thought for a while: "Didn't it be that the body of the deceased exploded and was washed away by the flood? It's normal that there is nothing left." Chu

Xiaoyun lowered his head and pondered for a while: "I don't think it's right. The dead body was found at the scene The pair of embroidered shoes left behind is at least a physical evidence, right? Why were those shoes not accepted as evidence, but were taken back by Zhou Sheng?" Yu He took the

file and flipped through it: "Is there any record of embroidered shoes in the file? "

"Yes!" Chu Xiaoyun affirmed, "But why the evidence on record was not included?"

Yu He rolled up the file again: "Who knows? Just now when Zhou Sheng came over, you didn't ask Ask him."

Chu Xiaoyun slapped his head: "Oops, don't talk about this, I just wanted to ask him why he was sure that Zhou Ying was killed by his brother-in-law Gu Qingyun when Zhou Ying's body was not found, and he forgot to ask It's gone."

Yu He was also stunned: "I forgot just now. I was really shocked by the fact that the person in the bubble was blown up."

Chu Xiaoyun sighed, so why not him.

The two searched for a long time in the file cabinet, but found nothing.

"It seems that we can only go to Gu Qingyun now. He is the other party in this case, and he knows best whether he killed someone or not." Chu Xiaoyun said.

Yu He agrees. The two were about to leave the Archives Pavilion to find Gu Qingyun in the prison, when they turned the corner and met Zheng Xing, who was patrolling inside.

After the two parties greeted each other, Zheng Xing teased Chu Xiaoyun: "Chu Tutou is so busy on the first day of his newlyweds. It's too hard. It's scary to be your subordinate." This is the second time today that

someone After teasing like this, Chu Xiaoyun laughed and said, "Everyone is busy, so there is nothing to be afraid of."

Zheng Xing laughed loudly: "Chu's arrest is interesting. Hey, what are you looking for?"

"I want to find the physical evidence or other records of Gu Qingyun's murder of his wife three years ago." Chu Xiaoyun said.

"What kind of case is that? Why do you suddenly remember to re-investigate what happened three years ago?" Zheng Xing was quite curious.

"It's the Blister Man bombing case three years ago, do you have any impression?" Chu Xiaoyun asked, he remembered that Zheng Xing had worked in the county government for many years, maybe he would know something about it.

"Oh, you're talking about that case. There are impressions and traditions. People in blisters exploded, a rare event in ancient times, who would not remember it in the Yamen back then." Zheng Xing suddenly said.

Chu Xiaoyun was overjoyed: "Then do you have any impression, which shelf are the files and physical evidence of this case placed?"

Zheng Xing looked up and knocked on the shelf next to Chu Xiaoyun: "That's it."

Chu Xiao Yun asked: "I've looked for it here, but there's nothing there. Are there any other places?"

Zheng Xing shook his head: "The case was not closed at the beginning, and all the materials for entering the cabinet are here."

Chu Xiaoyun showed a disappointed look.

Zheng Xing looked at Chu Xiaoyun: "Did Chief Chu find out that there is something wrong with this case? The county magistrate has already finalized the case, and the husband of the dead woman, who cares, will be sentenced to death!" Chu

Xiaoyun Frowning, he said: "But didn't the government office call back? It is said that this case has been called back many times and asked for a retrial. Wait, who did you say Gu Qingyun was sentenced to death in this case?" Zheng Xing was very

surprised Looking at Chu Xiaoyun anxiously: "The magistrate made the sentence. Don't you know? Isn't it written in the file?"

Chu Xiaoyun thought about it, but he really couldn't remember what was written in the file. For some reason, he always believed that this case was the death sentence for Gu Qingyun sentenced by the former county magistrate.

"Yu He, show me the dossier." Chu Xiaoyun took the dossier from Yu He and flipped through it page by page. From the beginning to the end of the dossier, there was no clear indication of who was to judge the case when it developed into the current unsolved case. Seeing the judgment notes of the former county magistrate at the beginning, it is no wonder that I unconsciously assumed that Gu Qingyun's death sentence was the judgment of the former county magistrate.

Chu Xiaoyun closed the file: "Unexpectedly, I can't even understand the file this time." I saw Zheng Xing walking towards a row of closed files, and took out a cloth bag from the evidence of one of the closed files and handed it to Chu Xiaoyun.

Zheng Xing looked at Chu Xiaoyun: "Captain Chu, do you really want to investigate this case?"

Chu Xiaoyun looked at him strangely: "Why didn't you investigate? There are so many suspicious points in this case, and it is our dereliction of duty that it remains unresolved.

" Then..." Zheng Xing hesitated for a moment, "If it involves a lot, can you persist?"

Chu Xiaoyun looked at him: "Can it be bigger than the Hu Wenshu case last time?"

Zheng Xing shook his head: "I I don't know, but I can't bear the pressure, I might give up halfway, and I'm more likely to fold myself in."

Chu Xiaoyun looked at Zheng Xing: "Do you know something? I, Chu Xiaoyun, dare not say that it will definitely work out. , but dare to say that I will do my best, the truth will come to light, and I will never compromise."

Yu He added: "I believe in arresting the head, and I plan to follow him."

Zheng Xing looked at the two people opposite: "After the two entered the arresting room Zheng has also heard a little about the deeds. I believe you, please

wait a moment." Chu Xiaoyun and Yu He looked at each other, and then both looked at Zheng Xing. Chu Xiaoyun took the cloth bag that Zheng Xing handed over, and asked suspiciously, "This is it?" Zheng Xing looked around and said, "There are people coming and going here, it's not a place for conversation, please come with me, both of you." Chu Xiaoyun The two followed Zheng Xing, their minds full of doubts. Zheng Xing took the two of them to the attic on the roof of the Archives Pavilion, and locked the only passage leading to the attic. This attic has only one roof, one side is the wall from the passage, and three sides are hollowed out. It is very empty and there is no hiding place. It is a good place for conversation.

After finishing all this, Zheng Xingfang said solemnly: "This is given to me by the former magistrate of the county government when he left. Please ask me to hand it over to the person in charge of the case if there is a reliable person to re-investigate the case. As for this I don't know what's inside."

Ever since Zheng Xing wanted to change places to talk, Chu Xiaoyun knew that there must be something hidden in this case, but he didn't expect that there would be evidence entrusted. Even though he was prepared in his heart, he was still shocked. Chu Xiaoyun and Yu He glanced at each other, they didn't expect such a hidden story in what seemed like an ordinary case.

"Where is this assistant now?" Chu Xiaoyun hurriedly asked.

No matter what was contained in it, since the clerk left such clues, he must have a different view of the case from the dossier, and even knew the key trend of the case.

Hearing Chu Xiaoyun's question, Zheng Xing smiled wryly and said, "He was sentenced to exile for three thousand miles for the crime of perjury, and was exiled to Danzhou, a smoggy place in the south. I don't know if he is still alive today." Chu Xiaoyun was very upset

. Surprised: "What perjury did he give?"

Zheng Xing pointed to the cloth bag in Chu Xiaoyun's hand: "This is the case, he autopsied the person with blisters, and believed that he died of drowning, not beating; He passed away from an illness, and the county magistrate was in charge of the county government, and the new chief judge concluded that Supao had been beaten to death, so Gu Qingyun was sentenced to death for homicide, and his predecessor was sentenced to death for perjury and conspiracy."

"Wait." Chu Xiaoyun hurriedly said, "The amount of information is too much, just wait for me to sort out your thoughts."

Although he has investigated countless cases, he also has limited reception of some information at this time. At this time, Yu He just looked puzzled, wanting to ask something, but afraid of interrupting Chu Xiaoyun's train of thought.

"Didn't you just say that Wu Zuo was sentenced to exile for three thousand miles and sent to Danzhou?" Chu Xiaoyun was puzzled.

"Yes, but the death penalty was imposed at the beginning. According to the laws of our dynasty, the county magistrate sentenced criminals to death. The county magistrate must report to the government office, which then reports to the Ministry of Punishment for approval, and then it can only be carried out after being reviewed by Dali Temple and supervised by the procuratorate. "Zheng Xingdao, "This case was reported to the government office and he was beaten back. Later, the county magistrate changed his sentence to exile for three thousand miles, but Gu Qingyun was still sentenced to death. Gu Qingyun's death penalty was never reported to the government office, so it was suppressed and has continued to this day. Wu Zuoyin was sentenced to exile, and it will be executed immediately after the retrial."

Chu Xiaoyun was dumbfounded, how can the case still be sentenced like this? It is absolutely impossible to say that there is nothing in this case. It seems that the author knows a lot, or what he tested is correct. Wait, didn't Zhou Sheng say that after his sister's body was blown up, it rained heavily that night, the water level of the Red River soared, and the remains of the body on the beach were washed away. When he went to collect the body the next day, there was nothing left?

Thinking of this, Chu Xiaoyun asked: "I just talked to Zhou Sheng, the victim of this case, before I came here. After the blisters exploded, everyone ran away. The heavy rain washed away all the stumps that night, and his sister's bones were gone. Where did you get the experience of the corpse?"

Zheng Xing smiled ironically: "The new assistant is the apprentice of the previous assistant, and when the autopsy was performed that day, the apprentice also went with him. Later, the case was retried, and the apprentices adopted by the county magistrate were based on the previous cooperation with the master. The post-mortem report written by the on-the-spot memory showed that the master was exiled to Danzhou for the crime of perjury."

...

This is too magical, Chu Xiaoyun was surprised: "Overthrow the existing conclusion, do you not need to re-examine it later?"

According to the modern procedure, if you are dissatisfied with the results of the previous autopsy, you have to re-examine to overturn the conclusion. It does not mean that you can change the conclusion based on the same autopsy. "I don't know about that." Zheng

Xing said, "I've told you everything I know, and the rest is up to Chu to catch the head. " It's so ridiculous, I can be drowned by the saliva of netizens every minute, but this is the sentence. Fortunately, the laws and regulations of this dynasty are perfect, which is called the perfect legal system in the words of the previous life, and it does not come into effect after the county government judges. Regardless of the circumstances of the case, at least Gu Qingyun shouldn't die before the truth comes out!