Chapter 14

In fact, it was not because Chu Xiaoyun was lucky, but because of Su Wen's strength. When Chu Xiaoyun asked the question the night before, Su Wen actually didn't tell the truth in some places. Honghe Village is a village that makes rouge gouache for a living. Many people in the village can make rouge gouache. The finished products are not only used in the county, but also sold to neighboring counties.

After Su Wen's parents passed away, Su Shiming's family got the clerical tools left by his younger brother and sister-in-law and started to make rouge powder.

However, Su Wen was inherited from his parents, and his skills were much better than those of his cousins. Su Shiming's family was jealous of his skills, so they stopped letting him learn. But he has always regarded him as free labor, letting Su Wen make inferior rouge powder according to their method, and not allowing him to play freely. Su Wen wanted to improve his skills, so he secretly experimented a few times, but was discovered by Su Shiming's wife again, who beat him severely and confiscated his tools. Later, if Su Wen wanted to study again, he could only keep it in his heart and couldn't practice it.

Although the quality of the rouge gouache made by Su Shiming's family is low, it is cheaper and has some sales. The bulk of them are sold to small vendors who do kiln sister business. Su Wen could recognize all those people who came to get the goods. The powder that Chu Xiaoyun smelled to him today should be made by Su Shiming's family. He has been familiar with the smell for so many years.

It can be said that Su Wen's technique of making rouge gouache and his understanding of rouge gouache are far more than what he said to Chu Xiaoyun, he only knows a little bit about it. The reason why he didn't fully tell the truth to Chu Xiaoyun two days ago was because he found that Chu Xiaoyun was too poor and didn't want to burden him; on the other hand, he didn't have enough confidence in Chu Xiaoyun. After all, Chu Xiaoyun tore up the engagement, so it's hard to say whether he wants it or not.

Regarding Chu Xiaoyun's exhortation, Su Wen nodded in agreement. Turning around and leaving the county government prison, he took Wang Sanqiang and himself to the street to find a peddler who sold that kind of rouge and gouache. Since it is something that people in the world love to use, where is it the most? Naturally, places near brothels sell more.

Although the rouge powder was produced by Su Shiming's family, Su Wen believed that his uncles and aunts, who were like iron roosters, were greedy for money and cheap, and they would not dare to kill people. Then the merchants and kiln sisters who had access to these rouge and gouache were suspected. At least some of them had contacted the old pervert before his death, so they might be able to provide some clues.

After all, Zhang Laicai is a pervert who can talk frivolously when he meets him on the street, and then tries his best to buy him. He must go to those fireworks and willow fields in normal times.

All walks of life like to get together, and the Land of Smoky Willows is no exception. The peddlers who do kiln sisters and small shopkeepers also gather in this street. When you come here, you can definitely find peddlers who sell Su's products. If they haven't seen old man Zhang, at least they should know who they sold their products to.

Seeing Su Wen pulling himself to the brothel, Wang Sanqiang was frightened to death: "If brother Yun knows that I brought you to the brothel, he will definitely break my legs."

Su Wen frowned and said: "Don't think too much, I will I'm just looking for those hawkers who sell rouge

and gouache." The hawkers who sell rouge and gouache in Yanliu Lane don't have a fixed booth, but they all carry a square or rectangular wooden box in their hands, with stock on the bottom and sales on the top , a wide hemp belt connecting the two ends, hanging around the neck, yelling while walking.

As soon as they walked to the gate of Yanliu Lane, they saw several vendors carrying rouge powder and cheap accessories and shouting: "Rouge powder, sell rouge powder. It's high quality and cheap, and it's good for giving away for personal use. It's more beautiful for personal use. Sending people away..."

Su Wen stepped forward, and the peddler thought he was here for business, but after seeing his appearance, he felt that his Rouge was really not worthy of people, so instead of selling goods, he started molesting people: "Which new shop is here? Boy, you look so pretty, no one can refuse you without makeup, right?"

Another peddler joked: "Yes, yes, if you really want to use it, brother can recommend you an osmanthus cream. Moisturizing and nourishing , the face is moistened."

The jewelry seller also stepped forward to join in the fun: "My jewelry is first-class in workmanship and quality, why don't you take a look?" "

Bah, what are you talking about!" "

The peddler took a second look at Su Wen, he was dressed in coarse cloth, no makeup, and little attire, he was indeed not a man in the world. Then he laughed and said: "Who knew that Yanliu Lane would have Shuang'er from a decent family appearing. A slip of the tongue."

While saying a slip of the tongue, he didn't give up teasing.

Su Wen didn't care about other people's teasing, but the booing from the peddlers made it more difficult for him to find witnesses. He had an idea, and simply asked directly, no matter whether he was selling Su's goods or not, he might have seen that old ghost. .

He gesticulated and described the appearance of old man Zhang, and asked the peddlers if they had seen him.

His questioning was bound to be amused by a crowd of peddlers: "Is that your husband? You look like this, he looks like that, and you still come out to steal at such an age?" "That's right, if I have

a Such a beautiful Shuang'er, I can't wait to stare at it every day, and find someone else when I have time."

A beautiful Shuang'er asked a rouge and gouache vendor in the Fireworks and Willow Lane for a man, presumably to catch an adulterer and buy something for his lover. The nearby peddlers booed and immediately recruited all the rouge and gouache vendors in Huajie Liuxiang. Not only that, but also attracted people who came to look for flowers and willows to stop.

Seeing more and more people gathered, Su Wen reckoned that all the hawkers selling cosmetics in Yanliu Alley had gathered. That's good, they're all gathered together, so that he won't have to search and ask one by one. He described the appearance of old man Zhang again, and asked if anyone had seen it.

Some of them have actually seen it. A peddler took the initiative to stop Su Wen: "I have seen the person you mentioned, but what good is it if I tell you?"

Su Wen was overjoyed when he heard the words, and hurried to the peddler, sniffing the goods he sold, it really belonged to Su Shiming's family. Su Wen asked in surprise: "Have you really met him? When and where?"

He took out five cents from his pocket and said, "This is the reward."

The peddler looked at the few pennies in Su Wen's palm , shaking his head: "Do you want to catch a traitor with just this few money? Forget it."

Su Wen took out the remaining ten coins, and said earnestly: "I only have this much money, please. If it is really No, I will write you an IOU, and I will pay you back month by month, do you think it will work?"

The peddler looked at Su Wen: "Forget it, who made me feel sympathetic to beauties. That's all, it can be regarded as paying for him Destroy my rouge fee. You don't need to write any IOUs."

He said and took the copper coins from Su Wen's hand. Wang Sanqiang felt distressed when he saw it, and was about to go forward to argue, but was held back by Su Wen.

The peddler looked at Wang Sanqiang, saw that he hadn't moved, and then said: "I saw this man when I was selling at the gate of Yichun courtyard around the time of You the day before yesterday. He was talking to two strong men at that time, and I vaguely heard him. If you see Shuang'er, a house prostitute or something, seeing him blushing, he must go to do some good deeds; he must be a wealthy man with bright clothes, and he should be generous in his actions, so he went up to him and asked him if he wanted to buy some rouge and powder for his friend, In the end, he pushed me and told me not to get in the way." "It's

fine if I don't buy it, but I was arrested and spent two boxes of rouge and gouache, and I don't care if I ask him to pay for it. He was followed by two big men, and he could only blame me for being unlucky. "

In addition to finding out where old man Zhang lived in the last period of his life, there are also unexpected gains. Old man Zhang actually talked to two big men in front of the gate of Yichun courtyard. This is an unexpected gain." Then you know where they

went Yet? Su Wen asked impatiently.

"I don't know about that, I just vaguely heard them say that they are going to hire a car." "The peddler said.

It turned out to be to hire a car, and Su Wen had a new direction. He looked at the peddler and asked: "Brother, can you go to the Yamen to help testify about this matter? The old man died for some reason, and now the government is arresting my husband and saying that he is a murderer. My husband is wronged."

"Hi!" The peddler was taken aback, "Xiao Shuang'er, your fifteen cents is too hard to earn. I only told you because I thought you were good-looking, but I didn't expect to be involved in a lawsuit." The

peddler Said to return it to Su Wen fifteen minutes ago: "I can't earn your money, I didn't say anything."

The onlookers saw that the matter involved a human life lawsuit, not some romantic sex, and immediately dispersed like birds and beasts.

"What should we do now?" Wang Sanqiang asked. He can do physical work, but he has no brains.

"Now let's go to the car dealership and see where they hired the car." The peddler refused to testify. found it.

Wang Sanqiang admired: "Sister-in-law, I didn't expect you to have an idea. It really makes me ashamed..."

Su Wen glared at him: "Let's go quickly, we will be promoted in a while, we have to catch up before the promotion. Go back in front of the hall. When I try to go back, I can find out the last whereabouts of that old ghost."

Chu Xiaoyun didn't know that when he was eating breakfast in prison, not only did he already have a wife, but she was also very capable, so he went to help him Track down the whereabouts of the deceased before his death.