Chapter 152

The people from Six Doors took Chu Xiaoyun to the gate of the palace where Su Wen lived to bid farewell to Chu Xiaoyun. Before leaving, he told Chu Xiaoyun: "Men are not allowed to enter the inner courtyard of the palace, so Chu Butou is here. Don't walk around casually, so as not to break the rules and cause trouble."

Except for the emperor and the imperial guards around him, there were no men in the palace, only eunuchs and maids. Chu Xiaoyun would really like to thank the other party for reminding him of this kind of thing. He used to watch it on TV a lot, but he didn't have this kind of concept in his mind. When he went to a place, he still remembered the rules there.

Chu Xiaoyun asked: "Thank you sir for leading the way. I'm here, I can go to see you..."

As he spoke, he gestured to the sky twice.

I want to ask myself if I need to visit the emperor and queen mother, but I feel a little overwhelmed. Substituting into the society of the previous life, he can't even imagine where he is today. But if you don't ask clearly, if you don't go, it will be too rude. It's a trivial matter to be rude, and I'm even more afraid of being accused of not taking the king seriously.

The official from the six gates said: "My name is Wei Chengyi, the head of Chu can just call me Wei Chengyi, there is no need to be so extravagant. Mrs. Chu was invited by the Queen Mother, it is only natural that you go to ask the Queen Mother the next day .As for other things, just summon after hearing it."

As he spoke, the other party gave another token to Chu Xiaoyun: "This is the token for entering and leaving the palace gate. If you want to go out of the palace to do business, you need to bring the token. And you can only take the palace road from Andingmen to Tonghuamen. Do you remember?" "

Thank you, Lord Wei, for your guidance." Chu Xiaoyun took the token and cupped his fists to express his thanks.

Chu Xiaoyun pushed open the palace door and entered, the maids and eunuchs inside were startled; seeing that it was a man entering the palace, he almost didn't shout. Chu Xiaoyun hurriedly took out the token that Wei had proposed to him just now: "I am Su Wen's husband, the head arrester of Hejing County, Chu Xiaoyun. This is the token given by the six gate guards when they brought me in.

" Only then did he appease the court ladies and eunuchs in the courtyard.

Seeing that everyone was soothed, Chu Xiaoyun asked: "Is my husband in there?"

A court lady who looked older replied: "Mrs. Chu and Young Master Chu are inside. Inspector Chu, please."

Chu Xiaoyun thanked happily, and gave some coins to reward the maids and eunuchs in the palace. He made a "shh" gesture to the maids, and tiptoed in, wanting to surprise Su Wen.

The maids and eunuchs got a reward and retreated knowingly.

Chu Xiaoyun lifted the curtain and entered with a cold wind. Su Wen probably thought it was a court lady and eunuch who went in, still teasing the children, but asked casually: "Aunt Ping, why was the yard so noisy just now? Close the door, The wind in the north is really strong and cold."

Chu Xiaoyun hurriedly turned around and closed the door a little tighter, covered Su Wen's eyes and said with a smirk: "Guess."

While talking, he saw more people in front of Su Wen. A little boy who looks about the same age as Shuyu, but is obviously much thinner, can't help but gasp: "Who is this little boy?" "Husband, you are here.

Great, I didn't expect to see you so soon It's your turn." Su Wen was very happy when he heard the voice.

Chu Xiaoyun said: "It's because I have official duties that I can come so early."

As he spoke, he briefly talked about escorting Dongling Princess to Beijing. Su Wen happily said: "Yu He is back too, that's great, I didn't expect him to know the princess of Dongling." They exchanged

a few words, and Chu Xiaoyun pointed at the little boy who was playing with Shuyu Ask: "Whose family does this child belong to?"

After hearing this, Su Wen gestured for silence, and then said with pity: "This is the eldest prince. His father and concubine were thrown into limbo because of the family's loss of power. This child was born and grew up after hiding in Tibet. Palace There are people everywhere who want their father and son's lives, and there is a lack of food and clothing in the cold palace. Last time I entered the cold palace by mistake, Wang Xianfei knew that I was not from the palace, and begged me to bring the child here to take care of me. I think he is too Poor, I brought the child here."

Huh? ! Chu Xiaoyun's brain was a little short-circuited. The previous case involved court turmoil, and the diplomatic relations between the two countries are nothing more than that. Do we still want to add the plot of palace fighting now? When he came here, he only wanted to be a policeman for a few years to earn some money, go home and buy a few acres of land to live with Su Wen, but he didn't expect the plot to become more and more complicated.

The ebb and flow of people in the harem, which one is not related to the power of the court. It's not that he doesn't want to meddle in other people's affairs, but whether he can handle it as a county government arrester. Of course, he must sympathize with poor people, and he will help them if he has the ability.

"What's going on?" Chu Xiaoyun asked.

"His father and concubine are offshoots of the Minister of the Ministry of Justice's family. When the Minister of the Ministry of Justice was powerful in the court, he sent the sons of the offshoots to the palace to please the emperor. Last year, the Minister of the Ministry of Justice's house was ransacked due to corruption, and his father and concubine were arrested that night. Into the cold palace. Wang Shilang used to make a lot of enemies in the court. Once he fell, the former political enemies would come and step on Wang Xianfei. But Wang Xianfei was not only a side branch when she was in the Wang family, but was born of a side branch concubine. The status was sent to the palace to be dedicated to the emperor. When he was in the royal family, he was hungry and full. He didn't take half of the benefits of the Wang family. He was the first to be implicated in the misfortune of the Wang family. It's really pitiful.

" I was born in a little hardship, so I treated the palace people very well before, and some palace people also repayed him with kindness after his suffering, so that the eldest prince was born safely and grew up to this size. When I came last time, the eldest prince was being If a person puts something in his diet, the guards in the cold palace don't pass it on to the imperial physician. He asked me to bring the child out for treatment, and said he would put it on my side first after he recovered. I thought he and Shuyu were also in company, There is no difference between bringing one and taking two, so I agreed."

Su Wen looked at Chu Xiaoyun with tears in his eyes: "His father and concubine are really pitiful. In the good old days, everyone flattered him. The servant of the Ministry of Justice and his family have fallen, and even the maids and eunuchs can bully their father and son. Let the children Would you like to stay here?"

The First Prince? The emperor's eldest son? Chu Xiaoyun felt a little dizzy. With this status, it was all bloody, he pinched his brows.

The emperor's eldest son's family is Wang Shilang, the former servant of the Ministry of Criminal Justice. What kind of corruption case happened to him, isn't he involved in the case of Wang Mentou in Hejing County? Does the emperor intend to cut off the power of King Yan? This Wang Shilang took refuge in King Yan and committed many crimes, but he was pitiful to this concubine Wang Xian who was paid tribute by the family.

If counting the matter with the royal family of Jing County, the current situation of Concubine Wang Xian seems to have something to do with her. Chu Xiaoyun rubbed his brows again several times: "You live here with the Queen Mother, does the Queen Mother know that the First Prince is here?"

Su Wen opened his eyes wide and looked at Chu Xiaoyun: "I'm new here, so I don't know what's going on in this palace. I can't ask a doctor from outside to come in and see, and the eldest prince is sick, so I also asked the empress dowager to find a doctor to take care of him." "Then did the empress dowager say how to arrange for this child?"

Chu Xiaoyun asked.

Su Wen shook his head: "The empress dowager only said that I have a kind heart. After the imperial doctor saw it, he sent someone to inquire about his condition once, but he never asked again." Since the empress dowager knew about it, the emperor must also know about it

. They all knew about it, but they didn't say anything about it. Maybe sometimes estrangement is a kind of protection.

Wang Shilang is a member of the Royal Party of Yan. Even if Concubine Wang Xian is just a tool and gift to the Wang family, he is still a royal family after all. If the emperor wants to gain power, he must rely on the royalist party. It is not good for Concubine Wang Xian and the First Prince, and it is impossible for the emperor to offend the forces that support him for a "remnant" of the King Yan Party at this time.

The benefits cannot be obtained, and the disadvantages cannot be escaped. This is the fate of the poor concubine Wang Xianfei.

Since the emperor and the queen mother just pretended not to know, Chu Xiaoyun felt relieved: "Let's do this first."

He picked up Xiao Shuyu and held it up high: "Son, do you miss Daddy?"

Xiao Shuyu danced with excitement, Drooling.

The eldest prince at the side saw the strange Chu Xiaoyun, his eyes showed curiosity, and he even reached out to grab Chu Xiaoyun's clothes. When Chu Xiaoyun reached out to hug him, the one-year-old baby hesitated for a while before letting Chu Xiaoyun relax.

I don't know if I was delusional, or the battle between the emperor's family has been carved into my bones. Chu Xiaoyun smiled and shook his head.

He played with Su Wen, father and son, and the eldest prince on the warm kang for a while, when the older maid came in and invited them to have a meal. The two held a child each, and after more than a month, they finally had another reunion dinner.

During the meal, Su Wen asked Chu Xiaoyun: "The New Year is coming soon, shall we celebrate the New Year in the capital, or go back to Hejing County?" Although

Su Wen is now nominally with the Queen Mother, Chu Xiaoyun does not know who wants The person who called Su Wen to the capital didn't know how long the other party wanted Su Wen to stay in the capital. He asked Su Wen back: "Where do you want to spend the holidays?"

Su Wen thought for a while: "I really want to go home for the holidays, and I miss the home we built little by little. But it's hard to come to the capital. I heard people in the palace say , During the Chinese New Year, the capital is very lively, and I want to watch the excitement in the capital. It's so contradictory."

Chu Xiaoyun thought for a while: "I don't know when the yamen will call me back. If there is nothing wrong with the yamen, no one will chase us away. , and celebrate the New Year in the capital."

Su Wen burst out laughing, nodded and agreed.

Chu Xiaoyun thought for a while and asked again: "I wonder when is the right time for me to visit the Queen Mother? Oh, should I give some gifts when I visit the Queen Mother?"

Chu Xiaoyun suddenly remembered this matter, he had never experienced any leadership in his previous life, and he had no such concepts in his mind. And he didn't know that the person he was going to meet was the Queen Mother, the most honorable woman in Dacheng, if she wanted anything, even if she wanted to give a gift, he really didn't know what to give.

"When I came to the capital, I only thought about business and came to see you, and didn't prepare any gifts. What should I do?" Chu Xiaoyun looked at Su Wen.

Su Wen thought for a while: "The Empress Dowager probably doesn't need anything, so we should be fine if we get it right? In the past few days, I have developed a new kind of rouge and spices, which can be counted as a gift when I visit the Empress Dowager. Then..."

Su Wen thought of Zhou Ying: "Earlier, sister Zhou Ying said that her embroidery and special products from Hejing County were also sold in the capital. I just don't know where her shop is, otherwise we can go to sister Zhou to order an embroidery for the queen mother." The Empress Dowager must appreciate Sister Zhou's craftsmanship."

Chu Xiaoyun recalled that when he returned from Fangchuan County, he met Zhou Ying at the Honghe Wharf. At that time, Zhou Ying said that she opened a shop in the capital, and the goods on a large ship were all Shipped to Beijing. I also left the address for myself, which will come in handy.

"Then we'll go find Zhou Ying after dinner. I know her shop in the capital." Seeing that the gift was settled, Chu Xiaoyun felt that something was on his mind.

"That's really great." Su Wen said happily, "It's just that I don't know if I can make it in such a hurry. I have to pay my respects to the Queen Mother every day. Since you are here, it is not good that I will go alone tomorrow." "

Chu Xiaoyun also felt that it was enough: "We can only find Zhou Ying to find a solution."

He looked at the eldest prince: "Let's go to Zhou Ying, what should we do with this eldest prince?"

Su Wen said: "We can only bring him together. I'm caught."

Chu Xiaoyun trembled in fright: "No, we can't afford it if something happens."

It was tacitly understood that the First Prince was here with Su Wen. It would be daring to take it out of the palace.

"Then what should I do?" Su Wen was also in a dilemma, and his eyes lit up immediately, "Why don't you send Yu'er to the Queen Mother together. The Queen Mother likes Yu'er very much. I make rouge and spices on weekdays, and she often sends people here to deliver Yu'er Take her to play. There is an edict as a cover, so the queen mother probably won't ask too much."

Chu Xiaoyun remembered that the eldest prince was here with Su Wen, but everyone just tacitly agreed that this was a solution. Then nodded in agreement.