Chapter 41 - 42

Chapter 41 Freedom

Although including the time during the battle, this was the second time Ba Wei saw the young man in front of him, but for some reason, he almost never doubted his purpose of saving himself, and always had an inexplicable sense of trust and intimacy towards him. This should be impossible for Ba Wei, the demon fox.

But the impossible thing happened to come true at this time.

Right now, Tomoe didn't have the heart to think so much. He only thought about what Natsume had just said, knowing that he didn't have to die!

"Of course, with me here, how could I let you die?"

Although Tomoe's life was saved, there was not much joy on Natsume's face:

"Your life is mine."

Natsume said this What he said was so natural. The look of determination and confidence in Ba Wei's eyes made him almost think that what he said was the truth.

But in reality?

"My life is my own!"

Ba Wei wanted to shout this out loud, but he couldn't even speak. Where could he find such strength?

Therefore, Natsume completely pretended not to hear what Ba Wei said, and just looked at him with an inexplicable look, which made Ba Wei suddenly feel an ominous premonition in his heart.

As a demon fox, Ba Wei trusts his instincts.

The intuition of monsters is different from that of humans. Many of them are a kind of talent and a prediction of future events. Therefore, Ba Wei's joy in knowing that he could survive suddenly weakened a bit: "Tell me, I What do you need

to pay?"

When he said this, Ba Wei's tone already contained a hint of resignation. It was not that he wanted to show such vulnerability in front of the young man in front of him. It was really He has no control over the situation. He has obviously felt that he is getting weaker and weaker. If he can't find a way to treat it, he will only die.

So for the sake of his own life, Ba Wei could only hold his nose and admit it.

The reason why Ba Wei accepted his fate so easily was that his current situation was indeed not optimistic, and the second and most important point was that he did not feel any malice from the young man in front of him.

In other words, Ba Wei believed that this young man would not do anything to harm himself, so he would safely put his life in his hands.

If it were any other human or monster, Ba Wei would not be slaughtered even if he died.

Who knows that the demon fox is a very proud monster!

"Freedom."

When he said this word, Natsume felt as if something was suddenly blocked in his throat, and his voice became stiff:

"Your...freedom..."

Natsume did have a way to save Tomoe, But that method has a very big restriction -

that technique is only effective for his contractor!

This is a spell Xia learned in his current life. He has used this spell several times to save his contracted beast from danger. This is one of the reasons why his contracted beast has a particularly strong compatibility with him.

After all, this can be regarded as a secret technique, although it is a bit limited.

It was also at this time that Natsume figured out a mystery that had troubled him for a long time, which was why he made a contract with Ba Wei, and why Ba Wei, a proud demon fox, agreed to become his contracted servant.