Ch23:Darkness Descends

"Okay but hurry up we need to go the city it's boring here" blackie said as he found it boring here
"Guild master i also agree with big brother blackie what if someone go before us there "fire dance said as she think that everyone like us experts can reach reach level 10 in 11 hours.
"Well you are right but you forgot one thing that it's a new game and not everyone can have the information that I have so they are still in discovering the areas just ask mind control he will tell you"shi feng said as he turns to mind control.
"It's true ,I didn't say anything before but you guys are monst...eh strong and now no one has reached level 4 yet and the mainstream now is level 2"mind control said while looking embarrassed at his slip.
We smiled and made some plans and then separated.
"Big brother shi feng do still need me to make fruit juice "violet cloud asked as we returned to town.
"Yeah sorry violet I know you want to level up too but this quest will make the guild a few steps a head of others and will even facilitate our guild to build our trading firm and a chamber of commerce that we lack"shi feng said as he opened the virtual trading center.
He needs some gold coins to buy Magic Essences , Stones ,fruits for violet and meeting sharlyn so after buying 3 gold coins he gave them to violet and gave her the spatial bag and told to go to market and buy all what he needed.
He then ran to Scarlet Lake to get the philosopher stone there that he obtained in his previous life and it took an hour to get it.
After he returned he met with violet again and took the spatial bag with the material in it and he was surprised that the hunting team obtained the whetstone recipe and observation eyes.
Afterwards he went to the library.Red Leaf Town's Library was distanced far from the Trade Area. It was located in Red Leaf Town's Slums.for normal players going to the library is courting death as there were bandits and red players here.for shi feng however it was amusing as it's the first someone tried to rob since he regressed.
After I killed the bandits sharlyn said
"Little brother, you are really powerful. You've made big sister truly admire you. I wonder where you are headed? Big sister can guide you there and save you a lot of trouble, whereas you only have to pay a very small price," Sharlyn walked towards Shi Feng, offering with a calm smile.
Shi Feng immediately used Observing Eyes.

[Sharlyn] (Elite Rank)

Level 8

HP 1200/1200

"No need to trouble yourself. I'm familiar with the way to the Library," Shi Feng said as he acted like he didn't know her.

Sharlyn smiled with even more joy when she heard Shi Feng decline.

"I am the Librarian, Sharlyn. You can ask me matters regarding the Library. There is no one more familiar with it than myself," Sharlyn puffed out her prided twin peaks, smiling sweetly.

"Isn't Red Leaf Town's Librarian a Holy Sister?" Shi Feng asked as if he did not believe her.

"Oh? Are you talking about this?" Sharlyn took out a set of nun's clothing and changed into it within an instant. Suddenly, her wild demeanor completely vanished. She was like an angel that had descended to the world, incomparably divine. Her presence made others desire repentance before her.

At the same time, the information that Sharlyn displayed had changed.

[Holy Sister Sharlyn] (Divine Official)

Level 20

HP 10,000/10,000

Shi Feng also acted as if he was shocked.
"Hehe, do you believe me now?" Sharlyn giggled at Shi Feng. Her entire body radiated a golden glow as if she were the reincarnation of Mother Mary. "Since you have some business with me, let's talk about it at the Library."

System: Player has activated the Epic Quest, 'Darkness Descends.' Contents unknown.

Finally I got the quest

After we went to the library she inside for ten minutes and came out from the pile of bookshelves. In her hands, she held a thick and tattered old book.

"I know why you are here. The moment you've set foot in the Slums, I could sense the evil energy coming from your body," Sharlyn said gravely. She placed the tattered book on the table, causing all the dust in the building to abruptly soar, "Let me have a look at the item."Shi Feng naturally knew the diary triggered such a scenario. He took out the tattered diary from his bag, carefully passing it to Sharlyn.Sharlyn was not in a hurry to receive the diary. Instead, she chanted out a phrase of Divine Words. Suddenly, streaks of golden Divine Words wrapped around the diary.
Black smoke suddenly appeared on its pitch-black cover, and a sinister-looking face came into view. It looked as if it was in extreme pain.

"Evil be gone! Divine Spear!"

Sharlyn shouted, her jade-like hand drawing out Divine Words in midair. At the same time, she started singing out a Tier 3 Divine Curse, her voice echoing throughout the entire Library. A golden colored hexagram appeared above the Library, covering the entire building, and from the magic formation, three golden Spears of Judgement came flying out. The spears pierced the diary, tearing apart the sinister face.
"Hahaha, I won't give up! We will meet again!" The sinister face loudly laughed as he said to shi feng.

Within a moment, the black smoke above the diary dispersed. Meanwhile, Sharlyn's forehead was covered in sweat. Her complexion was deathly pale, and she currently looked extremely weak.

System: You have been cursed by a Great Demon.
All Attributes reduced by 50%, experience received from killing monsters reduced by 95%.
System: You have been eyed by a Great Demon. The phantom of the Great Demon will come for you in thirty days. If you are killed by the phantom, your body will be taken over by the Great Demon.
When compared to human standards, a Great Demon was the equivalent of a Tier 4 Job. It was on the same level as a Sword Emperor. Although it was just a phantom, it would still require Sharlyn, who had a Tier 3 Job, to handle it. However, instead of aiming for Sharlyn, the Great Demon actually went for a bystander and a minor character like Shi Feng.