RE-WRITTEN - Chapter 6.

"You're not doing this alone." Rick spoke, looking down at Glenn who'd just finished explaining his plan to the group. Glenn had drawn out a basic map of Atlanta to illustrate his plan, which consisted of him retrieving the bag of guns by himself. 

"Even I think it's a bad idea and I don't even like you much." Daryl added; Piper glared up at him, not enjoying the statement and hit his arm. He only glared down at her. 

"It's a good idea, okay, if you just hear me out." Glenn pleaded, Rick hesitated but nodded slowly. "If we go out there in a group, we're slow, drawing attention. If I'm alone, I can move fast." He explained. "Look. That's the tank, five blocks from where we are now. That's the bag of guns." He said, placing a clip and paper to represent the guns and tank. "Here's the alley I dragged you into when we first met. That's where Daryl, Pipe and I will go." Glenn finished. 

"Why us?" Daryl asked, looking between Piper and himself. 

"Your crossbow is quieter than his gun, and Piper's fast, she can carry the gun's up the ladder if we get ambushed by walkers." Glenn stated, Piper smirked and nodded, her mind flashing back to the times she and Glenn would scavenge in Atlanta, without Daryl knowing of course. "While Daryl waits here in the alley, with Piper, I run up the street, and grab the bag." 

"You got us elsewhere?" Rick asked, referring to him and T-Dog.  Glenn pointed down at an alley, a few blocks away.

"You and T-Dog, right. You'll be in this alley here." He told Rick. 

"Two blocks away? Why?" Rick asked. 

"I may not be able to come back the same way. Walkers might cut me off. If that happens, I won't go back to Daryl. I'll go forward instead, all the way around to that alley where you guys are. Whichever direction I go, I got you in both places to cover me. Afterwards, we'll all meet back here." Glenn explained, Piper's smirk grew wider, she always loved hearing Glenn's plans when they came into the city, she was always so impressed by them. 

"Hey, kid, what'd you do before all this?" Daryl asked Glenn. 

"Delivered pizzas. Why?" He replied, confused. Rick and Daryl nodded at each other, amused, while Piper knelt beside Glenn, he sent her a knowing look when he noticed her smirk before he began going over the plan once more. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Piper's small group quickly climbed down the ladder on the side of the department store, jumping off as she reached the bottom. She pulled her gun out of its holster, eyes scanning the alley for signs of walkers. Glenn jumped off the ladder next, his hand reaching out towards Piper's gun. 

"Do not shoot unless it's completely necessary." Glenn told her, his voice stern.

Piper nodded. "I know." She smirked, and Glenn shot her a smile.  Daryl finally climbed down off the ladder, and the three walked over to the gate, all three scanning the area, checking how many walkers were surrounding the bag. 

"You got some balls for a Chinaman." Daryl spoke to Glenn, as he loaded his crossbow. Piper rolled her eyes at him. 

"I'm Korean." Glenn corrected. 

"Whatever." Daryl retorted, Piper nudged his shoulder as the two crouched behind the dumpster. Glenn shot one last glance to Piper before rushing out the gate. She watched as he disappeared behind the tank, an anxious knot forming in her stomach. She glanced back at Daryl, sending him a sympathetic smile when she noticed his sad look. Before she could comfort him, however, the sound of rustling caught the attention of the two.  Daryl lifted his finger to his lips, Piper nodded slowly, her stomach tightening as the footsteps grew closer. Daryl jumped out from behind the dumpster, aiming his crossbow at the unknown person. Piper stood too, aiming her gun at him.